|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Rose’s brothers in the novel?
(a) Ted and Chub Pickles.
(b) Lon and Merv Pickles.
(c) Fish and Lester Pickles.
(d) Geoffrey and Harry Pickles.
2. What does Sam collect in his job in Chapter I?
3. How did one of the Aboriginal women commit suicide at One Cloud Street, according to the narrator in Chapter III?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She overdosed on pain pills.
(c) She drank ant poison.
(d) She slit her wrists.
4. Sam recuperates in the hospital for how long after his work injury in Chapter I?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Fish Lamb seems to recognize everyone in his family except for whom in Chapter III?
(a) Lon Lamb.
(b) Lester Lamb.
(c) Hattie Lamb.
(d) Oriel Lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lamb family plants a garden and raises what animals in their half of the yard in Chapter III?
2. What is Lester Lamb’s occupation in Chapter II?
3. What does the “blackfella” that Quick Lamb encounters in Chapter III try to sell him?
4. Which of the Lamb daughters is noted as being a remarkably good marbles player?
5. Who becomes the chief baker and ice-cream maker at the store in Chapter III?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)