|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
2. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
3. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
4. What does Lin reveal to Victoria during their conversation?
5. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Cloud 9 an appropriate title for the story? Why or why not? Why do you believe the author would have chosen this title? Based on the storyline, what would you have named the story if you could change it? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does society impact the plot? Identify an event in Cloud 9 that demonstrates an impact or view from the social component. How did society influence this event?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Mrs. Saunders and Maud. How are they same? How are they different? Provide an event from the story in which they both reacted differently.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)