Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
2. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
3. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
4. What does Cathy pretend to do while the adults talk in the park?
5. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
Essay Topic 1
Loyalties are demonstrated between Joshua and Clive and Edward and Victoria, while it is missing in many of the other relationships. What role did the concept of loyalty have in the novel? What did the lack of loyalty contribute to the story line? Would the story have changed if there were more loyalties amongst the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
Children play a large role in the story Cloud 9. Why is the presence of children significant? How are the children of Victoria and Edward different than Cathy and Tommy? How are they the same? Do any of the other characters have childlike characteristics? If so, who?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)