|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
2. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
3. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
4. How old is Victoria's daughter?
5. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loyalties are demonstrated between Joshua and Clive and Edward and Victoria, while it is missing in many of the other relationships. What role did the concept of loyalty have in the novel? What did the lack of loyalty contribute to the story line? Would the story have changed if there were more loyalties amongst the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The climax is the turning point of any story. What event marks the climax in Cloud 9? Why is this event a turning point? How would the plot have been if this event never happened?
Essay Topic 3
Mothering and nurture is a theme in the story. Pick any two mothers and compare their parenting style. How are they different? How are they the same? How is their relationship with their children? Does the relationship they have with their children correlate to their parenting techniques? Explain your answer.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)