|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
2. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
3. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
4. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
5. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Children play a large role in the story Cloud 9. Why is the presence of children significant? How are the children of Victoria and Edward different than Cathy and Tommy? How are they the same? Do any of the other characters have childlike characteristics? If so, who?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Mrs. Saunders and Maud. How are they same? How are they different? Provide an event from the story in which they both reacted differently.
Essay Topic 3
At Harry and Ellen's wedding, Clive spoke about marriage to the guests, while Betty discussed marriage to the bride privately. How are their views on marriage different? Why may they have different views?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)