|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
2. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
5. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is a common topic discussed throughout the story. What is the shared feeling about marriage in the story? Why is marriage important to the character development and plot? What marriage appears to be the most stable? Why?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Act 1, Joshua aims a gun at Clive while Edward doesn't do anything to stop him. What is the significance of this event? Why would Joshua behave this way? Why wouldn't Edward try to prevent this?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the role of women during the time in Africa with modern day London. How have the roles changed? What could have caused these changes? Are there any ways in which the roles of women have no changed at all?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)