|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
2. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
3. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
4. What does Cathy pretend to do while the adults talk in the park?
5. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
Essay Topic 1
The natives are mentioned throughout Act 1. What do the natives symbolize? Why is their presence important? How would Act 1 have been different if the natives were not present?
Essay Topic 2
Loyalties are demonstrated between Joshua and Clive and Edward and Victoria, while it is missing in many of the other relationships. What role did the concept of loyalty have in the novel? What did the lack of loyalty contribute to the story line? Would the story have changed if there were more loyalties amongst the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Sexual gender is a unique concept that is fabricated upon throughout Cloud 9. Many of the female characters were played by men and vice versa. What is the significance of the author developing the characters in this way? Are the genders of the actors appropriate for the characters in which they play? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)