|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
2. At what time of day was the ancient ritual performed?
3. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
4. When preparing for the wedding, what does Ellen take Betty aside to ask her?
5. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Confusion is a major internal conflict many of the characters struggle with. Which character do you believe is the most confused? Why are they the most confused? What are they confused about? Are they able to resolve their confusion by the end of the story? If so, what decision do they come to?
Essay Topic 2Is the Betty from Act 1 embracing the Betty from Act 2 an appropriate way to end Cloud 9? Why or why not? What does this embrace symbolize?
Essay Topic 3The natives are mentioned throughout Act 1. What do the natives symbolize? Why is their presence important? How would Act 1 have been different if the natives were not present?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)