|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
2. What does Lin admit to Edward when Victoria leaves?
3. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
4. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
5. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Edward. What is his importance in Cloud 9? Did his character develop throughout the story? If so, how? If not, why didn't he?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the role of women during the time in Africa with modern day London. How have the roles changed? What could have caused these changes? Are there any ways in which the roles of women have no changed at all?
Essay Topic 3
Mothering and nurture is a theme in the story. Pick any two mothers and compare their parenting style. How are they different? How are they the same? How is their relationship with their children? Does the relationship they have with their children correlate to their parenting techniques? Explain your answer.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)