|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
2. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
3. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
4. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
5. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax is the turning point of any story. What event marks the climax in Cloud 9? Why is this event a turning point? How would the plot have been if this event never happened?
Essay Topic 2
Sexual gender is a unique concept that is fabricated upon throughout Cloud 9. Many of the female characters were played by men and vice versa. What is the significance of the author developing the characters in this way? Are the genders of the actors appropriate for the characters in which they play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage is a common topic discussed throughout the story. What is the shared feeling about marriage in the story? Why is marriage important to the character development and plot? What marriage appears to be the most stable? Why?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)