Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
2. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
3. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
4. What does Cathy pretend to do while the adults talk in the park?
5. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
Essay Topic 1
Mothering and nurture is a theme in the story. Pick any two mothers and compare their parenting style. How are they different? How are they the same? How is their relationship with their children? Does the relationship they have with their children correlate to their parenting techniques? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Confusion is a major internal conflict many of the characters struggle with. Which character do you believe is the most confused? Why are they the most confused? What are they confused about? Are they able to resolve their confusion by the end of the story? If so, what decision do they come to?
Essay Topic 3
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)