|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
2. What does Lin reveal to Victoria during their conversation?
3. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
4. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
5. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexual gender is a unique concept that is fabricated upon throughout Cloud 9. Many of the female characters were played by men and vice versa. What is the significance of the author developing the characters in this way? Are the genders of the actors appropriate for the characters in which they play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Is Cloud 9 an appropriate title for the story? Why or why not? Why do you believe the author would have chosen this title? Based on the storyline, what would you have named the story if you could change it? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Edward. What is his importance in Cloud 9? Did his character develop throughout the story? If so, how? If not, why didn't he?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)