|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Betty share that shocks Victoria and Edward?
2. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
3. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
4. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
5. What has Betty never enjoyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax is the turning point of any story. What event marks the climax in Cloud 9? Why is this event a turning point? How would the plot have been if this event never happened?
Essay Topic 2
How does society impact the plot? Identify an event in Cloud 9 that demonstrates an impact or view from the social component. How did society influence this event?
Essay Topic 3
Loyalties are demonstrated between Joshua and Clive and Edward and Victoria, while it is missing in many of the other relationships. What role did the concept of loyalty have in the novel? What did the lack of loyalty contribute to the story line? Would the story have changed if there were more loyalties amongst the characters?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)