|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
2. What has Betty never enjoyed?
3. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
4. Why does Edward want to keep the necklace in a safe?
5. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Edward. What is his importance in Cloud 9? Did his character develop throughout the story? If so, how? If not, why didn't he?
Essay Topic 3
At Harry and Ellen's wedding, Clive spoke about marriage to the guests, while Betty discussed marriage to the bride privately. How are their views on marriage different? Why may they have different views?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)