|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
2. How old is Victoria's daughter?
3. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
4. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
5. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
Essay Topic 1
Although many of the conflicts are internalized within the characters, there are some external conflicts within the plot. What is one of the most crucial external conflict in Cloud 9? Why is this conflict so important?
Essay Topic 2
Mothering and nurture is a theme in the story. Pick any two mothers and compare their parenting style. How are they different? How are they the same? How is their relationship with their children? Does the relationship they have with their children correlate to their parenting techniques? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the setting of Africa during the time of the British Empire to modern day London. How are the settings similar? How are the settings different? Are the settings appropriate for the storyline that took place within them? Why or why not?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)