|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
2. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
3. What is Lin doing during the rituals?
4. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax is the turning point of any story. What event marks the climax in Cloud 9? Why is this event a turning point? How would the plot have been if this event never happened?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Edward. What is his importance in Cloud 9? Did his character develop throughout the story? If so, how? If not, why didn't he?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the setting of Africa during the time of the British Empire to modern day London. How are the settings similar? How are the settings different? Are the settings appropriate for the storyline that took place within them? Why or why not?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)