|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
2. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
3. After pulling Martin into the group, what do they actually see approaching them during the ritual?
4. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
5. When the wedding cake is being cut, what does Harry discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loyalties are demonstrated between Joshua and Clive and Edward and Victoria, while it is missing in many of the other relationships. What role did the concept of loyalty have in the novel? What did the lack of loyalty contribute to the story line? Would the story have changed if there were more loyalties amongst the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Is the Betty from Act 1 embracing the Betty from Act 2 an appropriate way to end Cloud 9? Why or why not? What does this embrace symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Children play a large role in the story Cloud 9. Why is the presence of children significant? How are the children of Victoria and Edward different than Cathy and Tommy? How are they the same? Do any of the other characters have childlike characteristics? If so, who?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)