|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
2. After pulling Martin into the group, what do they actually see approaching them during the ritual?
3. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
4. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
5. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is a common topic discussed throughout the story. What is the shared feeling about marriage in the story? Why is marriage important to the character development and plot? What marriage appears to be the most stable? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the role of women during the time in Africa with modern day London. How have the roles changed? What could have caused these changes? Are there any ways in which the roles of women have no changed at all?
Essay Topic 3
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)