|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
2. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
3. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
4. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
5. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Edward. What is his importance in Cloud 9? Did his character develop throughout the story? If so, how? If not, why didn't he?
Essay Topic 2
Mothering and nurture is a theme in the story. Pick any two mothers and compare their parenting style. How are they different? How are they the same? How is their relationship with their children? Does the relationship they have with their children correlate to their parenting techniques? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)