|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
2. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
3. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
4. What does Edward confess to Victoria as they sit on the bench in the park?
5. When preparing for the wedding, what does Ellen take Betty aside to ask her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Mrs. Saunders and Maud. How are they same? How are they different? Provide an event from the story in which they both reacted differently.
Essay Topic 2
The natives are mentioned throughout Act 1. What do the natives symbolize? Why is their presence important? How would Act 1 have been different if the natives were not present?
Essay Topic 3
Is Cloud 9 an appropriate title for the story? Why or why not? Why do you believe the author would have chosen this title? Based on the storyline, what would you have named the story if you could change it? Why?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)