|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
2. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
3. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
4. When preparing for the wedding, what does Ellen take Betty aside to ask her?
5. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does society impact the plot? Identify an event in Cloud 9 that demonstrates an impact or view from the social component. How did society influence this event?
Essay Topic 2
Time and age are dominant concepts in Cloud 9. Time passes quickly, while the characters age slowly. What is the significance of time in Cloud 9? Why is the mentioning of time and age important? What is the significance of younger characters appearing to the older ones throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
Children play a large role in the story Cloud 9. Why is the presence of children significant? How are the children of Victoria and Edward different than Cathy and Tommy? How are they the same? Do any of the other characters have childlike characteristics? If so, who?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)