|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
2. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
3. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
4. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
5. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the setting of Africa during the time of the British Empire to modern day London. How are the settings similar? How are the settings different? Are the settings appropriate for the storyline that took place within them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Confusion is a major internal conflict many of the characters struggle with. Which character do you believe is the most confused? Why are they the most confused? What are they confused about? Are they able to resolve their confusion by the end of the story? If so, what decision do they come to?
Essay Topic 3
Power is a theme within Cloud 9. Many of the characters want to be dominant, while others are more than happy as the subordinate. Which character do you believe holds the most power? What about that character makes them powerful? Did their power ever waiver? If so, when?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)