|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the stable boys different from Joshua?
(a) They are older.
(b) They are members of a different tribe.
(c) They are white.
(d) They are getting paid.
2. How does Clive react to Edward's confession about the doll?
(a) He sends him to his room.
(b) He congratulates him for his honesty.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He hits him.
3. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
(c) His children.
4. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
(b) Giving the other tribe secrets.
(c) Planning a war.
(d) Whispering and sneaking out.
5. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) The Queen's land.
(b) Building weapons.
(c) The gold in the area.
(d) The native villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Clive's life compared?
2. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
3. What is Betty's reaction to Clive's confession?
4. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
5. What does Clive admit to knowing about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gerry "if they can do together what they did before" to the Edward the audience met in Act 1. Where has the reader seen this question before and why is it significant?
2. How does Betty feel about spending time with other women? Why does she feel this way?
3. Ellen reveals to Clive that Edward has been playing with dolls. How does Clive react to this news? Is his reaction surprising?
4. Betty's split from Clive leaves everyone in a state of shock. How did others view the marriage of Clive and Betty?
5. Harry confesses his passion for Betty when Clive is securing the barn. What does this tell you about Harry's value for friendship?
6. What is the significance of the discussion of the violence in video games?
7. Describe the relationship between Clive and Joshua.
8. Harry misunerstands Clive when he speaks about the "sanctuary of the affection between men." What does Clive mean by this statement?
9. What does Clive's "empire" symbolize?
10. Martin leaves alone after the ritual. What does this tell the audience about his position in this group?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)