|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maud quit the second game during the picnic?
(a) She gets stung by an insect.
(b) She gets scared.
(c) She thinks the game is silly.
(d) She thinks she hears something.
2. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
3. What does Mrs. Saunders tell Clive about Joshua's family?
(a) They are living in wealth.
(b) That they were killed in the village fire.
(c) They are murdering people.
(d) That they have fled the village.
4. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
5. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
(a) He is confident.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
2. How does Clive react to Edward's confession about the doll?
3. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
4. Who stands alone and still on the porch for a long time while everyone is inside?
5. What kind of picnic does the family have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maud's warning Clive to pay more attention to Betty foreshadow Betty's reaction to Harry's arrival?
2. Describe the relationship between Clive and Joshua.
3. At the end of the Act, Joshua points a gun at Clive and Edward stands by and does nothing. What do these events signify?
4. Why does Martin say it's difficult being married to Victoria?
5. How does the game hide and seek fit appropriately with the characters sharing feelings with each other as they encounter one another?
6. In Act I, Scene 1, Harry introduces the reader to his family. Describe Harry's family.
7. Ellen reveals to Clive that Edward has been playing with dolls. How does Clive react to this news? Is his reaction surprising?
8. What role does Joshua play in this family?
9. Describe Lin's values in this scene.
10. Betty proposes the idea of buying a large house for everyone to live in. What is the purpose of Betty wanting to do this?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)