|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because she likes a boy.
(b) Because she thinks they are pretty.
(c) Because she's they are more comfortable.
(d) Because other girls have called her a boy.
2. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
(a) They are invisible.
(b) They appear as they did in Act 1.
(c) They have aged greatly.
(d) They are babies.
3. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
(a) Tommy left a toy there.
(b) She heard there would be a speaker in the park.
(c) She couldn't find Cathy.
(d) She needed some time alone.
4. What is Lin doing during the rituals?
(a) Trying to get Victoria to have sex.
(b) Drawing on the ground with chalk.
(d) Taking pictures.
5. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(c) Her grandchildren.
6. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
(a) It makes sense.
(b) It's an awful idea.
(c) She's insane.
(d) They need to change her mind.
7. What does Joshua do to Victoria's doll when he sees Edward playing with it again?
(a) He washes it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He slits it open.
8. Who is Tommy?
(a) Lin's husband.
(b) Victoria's husband.
(c) Lin's son.
(d) Victoria's son.
9. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
(a) To be loved like she used to be.
(b) To move.
(c) For a divorce.
(d) To try to have another baby.
10. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
(a) Playing hopscotch.
(b) Playing on the slide.
(c) Sitting in the sandbox.
(d) Singing a rude skipping song.
11. What does Martin try to convince Victoria to do as he leaves the ritual?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Accept a job he offered.
(c) Go home with him.
(d) Divorce her husband.
12. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He never worked.
(d) He beat her.
13. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
(a) They are drunk.
(b) They want to play a joke.
(c) They believe the ritual is true.
(d) They think it's funny.
14. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
15. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
(a) Clive shows up.
(b) Cathy refuses to give Betty back her things.
(c) There is a car accident.
(d) It starts to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
2. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
3. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
4. What does Lin admit to Edward when Victoria leaves?
5. What has Betty never enjoyed?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)