|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees a shadow during the ritual?
2. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
(a) If there was something really wrong with it.
(b) If she was serious.
(c) If she really thought it through.
(d) If she was responsible.
3. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
(a) Playing hopscotch.
(b) Playing on the slide.
(c) Singing a rude skipping song.
(d) Sitting in the sandbox.
4. Where does Mrs. Saunders plan on going?
(a) Back to England.
(d) New York City.
5. How old is Victoria's daughter?
6. After Lin slaps Cathy and Cathy runs off, what do Victoria and Lin realize?
(a) That Cathy is a spoiled brat.
(b) That Tommy has disappeared.
(c) That maybe it's time to move from the city.
(d) That Lin has anger problems.
7. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
(a) Edward doing wifely duties.
(b) Edward's dependency on him.
(c) Edward's stealing.
(d) He doesn't trust Edward with his secrets.
8. When preparing for the wedding, what does Ellen take Betty aside to ask her?
(a) About the natives.
(b) About her apple pie recipe.
(c) About Victoria's doll.
(d) About sex with a man.
9. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
(a) He is in hiding.
(b) He has just robbed a bank.
(c) He is afraid for his life.
(d) That he has come to pick someone up.
10. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
(a) They appear as they did in Act 1.
(b) They are babies.
(c) They are invisible.
(d) They have aged greatly.
11. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
(b) Their own.
12. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
(a) She heard there would be a speaker in the park.
(b) She couldn't find Cathy.
(c) She needed some time alone.
(d) Tommy left a toy there.
13. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
(a) A cop.
(b) A robber.
(c) A child.
(d) A spirit.
14. What does Lin reveal to Victoria during their conversation?
(a) That she robbed a bank.
(b) That she has a brother in the army.
(c) That she is in the army.
(d) That she is having an affair.
15. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
2. What happens to Lin after the second sighting during the ritual?
3. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
4. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
5. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)