|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Betty never enjoyed?
(b) The company of women.
(c) Being married.
2. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
3. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
(a) Tie it around his mother's neck.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Give it to his girlfriend.
(d) Sell it.
4. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
(a) There is a car accident.
(b) Cathy refuses to give Betty back her things.
(c) Clive shows up.
(d) It starts to rain.
5. What does Joshua do to Victoria's doll when he sees Edward playing with it again?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He washes it.
(c) He slits it open.
(d) He hides it.
6. What ancient ritual do Edward, Victoria, and Lin perform in the park?
(b) Human sacrifice.
(c) Invoking the spirit of an ancient female godess.
(d) Making love potions.
7. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A cop.
(c) A robber.
(d) A child.
8. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
(a) If he's marriage material.
(b) If he's a good father.
(c) If he is Oxford material.
(d) If he is a lesbian.
9. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
(a) If they could have a picnic.
(b) If they could go see a movie.
(c) If they could buy a house together.
(d) If they can do together what they've done before.
10. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
(a) The pub.
(b) His mother's house.
(d) His girlfriend's house.
11. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) Killing Joshua.
(b) By slapping Edward for lying.
(c) Congratulating Edward.
(d) Slapping Joshua.
12. What does Cathy pretend to do while the adults talk in the park?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Victoria with a pretend gun.
(c) Talk to an imaginary friend.
(d) Play house.
13. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
14. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
(a) The places the ancient rituals happened.
(b) The origins of the gods.
(c) The warlords.
(d) The culture of the rituals.
15. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He never worked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
2. What happens to Lin after the second sighting during the ritual?
3. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
5. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)