|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
(a) She hears Cathy teasing the other children.
(b) Her son fell in the pond.
(c) She lost her wallet.
(d) She has pent up emotions towards her husband.
2. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
(c) Their own.
3. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
(b) The violence of children's games.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their homes.
4. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
(a) To move.
(b) To be loved like she used to be.
(c) For a divorce.
(d) To try to have another baby.
5. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) Congratulating Edward.
(b) By slapping Edward for lying.
(c) Killing Joshua.
(d) Slapping Joshua.
6. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
(a) The places the ancient rituals happened.
(b) The culture of the rituals.
(c) The origins of the gods.
(d) The warlords.
7. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
8. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
(a) Commit her mother into a mental institution.
(b) Call her father.
(c) Have another baby.
(d) Accept a job offer in another city.
9. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
(a) He enjoys it.
(b) He is non-committal.
(c) He finds it very difficult.
(d) He hates it and wants a divorce.
10. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
(a) The city.
(b) The park.
(c) On a trip.
(d) To Martin's.
11. What story does Gerry turn and tell the audience as he leaves Edward?
(a) About a crime he committed.
(b) A story he heard about Victoria.
(c) He had sex on the train with someone he didn't know.
(d) How much he hates Edward.
12. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
(a) The death of the natives' chief.
(b) The sale of her property.
(c) That she bought a horse.
(d) The birth of her grandchild.
13. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(b) Her grandchildren.
14. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
(a) The pub.
(b) His girlfriend's house.
(d) His mother's house.
15. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because she likes a boy.
(b) Because she thinks they are pretty.
(c) Because she's they are more comfortable.
(d) Because other girls have called her a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
2. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
3. Why does Edward come to the park where Victoria is at?
4. What news does Betty share that shocks Victoria and Edward?
5. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)