|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
(a) It's an awful idea.
(b) It makes sense.
(c) She's insane.
(d) They need to change her mind.
2. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
(d) Their own.
3. Why does Edward want to keep the necklace in a safe?
(a) To hide it from Betty.
(b) Because of all the trouble with the natives.
(c) To hide it from Joshua.
(d) To prevent it from being stolen too.
4. What does Joshua do to Victoria's doll when he sees Edward playing with it again?
(a) He washes it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He slits it open.
5. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) Yells for Joshua to stop.
(b) He says nothing and covers his ears.
(c) He hugs Joshua.
(d) He jumps in front of Clive.
6. Who sees a shadow during the ritual?
7. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
(a) The places the ancient rituals happened.
(b) The warlords.
(c) The culture of the rituals.
(d) The origins of the gods.
8. What does Lin ask Victoria after Edward goes back to work?
(a) To go shopping with her.
(b) To have sex with her.
(c) To buy her a car.
(d) To hire her as a babysitter.
9. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(d) On a cold winter's night.
10. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
(b) None of them.
11. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
(a) To try to have another baby.
(b) For a divorce.
(c) To move.
(d) To be loved like she used to be.
12. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
(a) She lost her wallet.
(b) Her son fell in the pond.
(c) She has pent up emotions towards her husband.
(d) She hears Cathy teasing the other children.
13. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
(a) If they could have a picnic.
(b) If they can do together what they've done before.
(c) If they could buy a house together.
(d) If they could go see a movie.
14. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Gerry went out the night before and didn't call.
(b) Gerry doesn't like Edwards girlfriend.
(c) Gerry owes Edward money.
(d) Gerry took Edward's car.
15. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
(a) Complete happiness.
(c) Confused feelings.
(d) Severe depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the wedding, what's Betty's advice to Ellen about marriage?
2. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
3. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
4. Why does Edward come to the park where Victoria is at?
5. Where does Mrs. Saunders plan on going?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)