|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lin slaps Cathy and Cathy runs off, what do Victoria and Lin realize?
(a) That Tommy has disappeared.
(b) That Cathy is a spoiled brat.
(c) That Lin has anger problems.
(d) That maybe it's time to move from the city.
2. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
(a) He hates it.
(b) It is pointless.
(c) It is awful.
(d) That it has many joys.
3. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He never worked.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) He beat her.
4. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(c) Her grandchildren.
5. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
6. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
(a) She's insane.
(b) It makes sense.
(c) They need to change her mind.
(d) It's an awful idea.
7. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
(a) She is non-committal.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She is embarrassed of him.
(d) She is madly in love with him.
8. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
(a) She hears what Lin says about her.
(b) She wants to look at it.
(c) She thinks it is a toy.
(d) She wants to go hunting.
9. What is Lin doing during the rituals?
(b) Taking pictures.
(c) Drawing on the ground with chalk.
(d) Trying to get Victoria to have sex.
10. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
(a) Playing hopscotch.
(b) Sitting in the sandbox.
(c) Playing on the slide.
(d) Singing a rude skipping song.
11. Why does Edward come to the park where Victoria is at?
(a) To warn Victoria that Betty is there.
(b) To see Lin.
(c) To give Victoria money.
(d) To pick up Cathy.
12. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because other girls have called her a boy.
(b) Because she likes a boy.
(c) Because she thinks they are pretty.
(d) Because she's they are more comfortable.
13. Where does Mrs. Saunders plan on going?
(b) Back to England.
(d) New York City.
14. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
(a) If there was something really wrong with it.
(b) If she really thought it through.
(c) If she was responsible.
(d) If she was serious.
15. After pulling Martin into the group, what do they actually see approaching them during the ritual?
(a) A cop.
(b) The spirit of Lin's dead brother.
(c) A group of robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
2. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
3. What has Betty never enjoyed?
4. What does Edward confess to Victoria as they sit on the bench in the park?
5. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)