|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient ritual do Edward, Victoria, and Lin perform in the park?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(c) Making love potions.
(d) Invoking the spirit of an ancient female godess.
2. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(d) Her grandchildren.
3. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
4. What does Cathy pretend to do while the adults talk in the park?
(a) Play house.
(b) Run away.
(c) Talk to an imaginary friend.
(d) Kill Victoria with a pretend gun.
5. When preparing for the wedding, what does Ellen take Betty aside to ask her?
(a) About sex with a man.
(b) About her apple pie recipe.
(c) About the natives.
(d) About Victoria's doll.
6. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
7. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
(a) Their families.
(b) The violence of children's games.
(d) Their homes.
8. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
(a) He finds it very difficult.
(b) He hates it and wants a divorce.
(c) He is non-committal.
(d) He enjoys it.
9. Before the wedding, what's Betty's advice to Ellen about marriage?
(a) That it is pointless.
(b) That she wishes she never married.
(c) That it's not to be enjoyed.
(d) That's is the best experience ever.
10. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
(a) They think it's funny.
(b) They believe the ritual is true.
(c) They are drunk.
(d) They want to play a joke.
11. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
12. Why does Edward come to the park where Victoria is at?
(a) To give Victoria money.
(b) To pick up Cathy.
(c) To see Lin.
(d) To warn Victoria that Betty is there.
13. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(c) On a cold winter's night.
(d) In the middle of the night.
14. When the wedding cake is being cut, what does Harry discover?
(a) The destroyed doll.
(b) The necklace.
(c) A native hiding in the bushes.
(d) An engagement ring.
15. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
(a) A gun.
(b) A new doll.
(c) A baby.
(d) A present.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Victoria's daughter?
2. What does Edward confess to Victoria as they sit on the bench in the park?
3. After Lin slaps Cathy and Cathy runs off, what do Victoria and Lin realize?
4. What story does Gerry turn and tell the audience as he leaves Edward?
5. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)