|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What has Betty never enjoyed?
(a) The company of women.
(c) Being married.
3. What does Lin ask Victoria after Edward goes back to work?
(a) To buy her a car.
(b) To have sex with her.
(c) To hire her as a babysitter.
(d) To go shopping with her.
4. Who sees a shadow during the ritual?
5. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
(b) Confused feelings.
(c) Complete happiness.
(d) Severe depression.
6. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
7. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
8. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He never worked.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) He didn't love her.
9. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) He jumps in front of Clive.
(b) He says nothing and covers his ears.
(c) He hugs Joshua.
(d) Yells for Joshua to stop.
10. What story does Gerry turn and tell the audience as he leaves Edward?
(a) About a crime he committed.
(b) A story he heard about Victoria.
(c) He had sex on the train with someone he didn't know.
(d) How much he hates Edward.
11. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
(a) He doesn't trust Edward with his secrets.
(b) Edward's stealing.
(c) Edward doing wifely duties.
(d) Edward's dependency on him.
12. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
(b) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
(c) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
(d) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
13. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
14. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
(a) She dislikes him.
(b) She is non-committal.
(c) She is embarrassed of him.
(d) She is madly in love with him.
15. What ancient ritual do Edward, Victoria, and Lin perform in the park?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(c) Invoking the spirit of an ancient female godess.
(d) Making love potions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
2. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
3. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
4. What does Gerry wish for the most?
5. Where does Act 2 take place?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)