|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
(a) They need to change her mind.
(b) She's insane.
(c) It's an awful idea.
(d) It makes sense.
2. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
(a) It is awful.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It is pointless.
(d) That it has many joys.
3. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) He hugs Joshua.
(b) He jumps in front of Clive.
(c) He says nothing and covers his ears.
(d) Yells for Joshua to stop.
4. After pulling Martin into the group, what do they actually see approaching them during the ritual?
(a) The spirit of Lin's dead brother.
(b) A group of robbers.
(d) A cop.
5. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
(a) Tommy left a toy there.
(b) She heard there would be a speaker in the park.
(c) She needed some time alone.
(d) She couldn't find Cathy.
6. Where does Act 2 take place?
(d) New York.
7. When the wedding cake is being cut, what does Harry discover?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) The destroyed doll.
(c) The necklace.
(d) A native hiding in the bushes.
8. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Gerry doesn't like Edwards girlfriend.
(b) Gerry owes Edward money.
(c) Gerry took Edward's car.
(d) Gerry went out the night before and didn't call.
9. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
10. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
11. Who sees a shadow during the ritual?
12. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) On a cold winter's night.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(d) Christmas morning.
13. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
14. What does Joshua do to Victoria's doll when he sees Edward playing with it again?
(a) He hides it.
(b) He washes it.
(c) He loses it.
(d) He slits it open.
15. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
(a) A new doll.
(b) A gun.
(c) A present.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward confess to Victoria as they sit on the bench in the park?
2. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
3. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
4. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
5. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)