|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day was the ancient ritual performed?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At noon.
(d) Late at night.
2. What happens to Lin after the second sighting during the ritual?
(a) She collapses.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She vomits.
3. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
(a) She wants to look at it.
(b) She wants to go hunting.
(c) She hears what Lin says about her.
(d) She thinks it is a toy.
4. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) He hugs Joshua.
(b) He says nothing and covers his ears.
(c) He jumps in front of Clive.
(d) Yells for Joshua to stop.
5. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
(a) He doesn't trust Edward with his secrets.
(b) Edward doing wifely duties.
(c) Edward's stealing.
(d) Edward's dependency on him.
6. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
(b) The violence of children's games.
(c) Their homes.
(d) Their families.
7. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
(a) She is non-committal.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She is embarrassed of him.
(d) She is madly in love with him.
8. What does Betty ask from Clive after the fight with Mrs. Sanders is broken up?
(a) To move.
(b) To try to have another baby.
(c) To be loved like she used to be.
(d) For a divorce.
9. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
(a) The death of the natives' chief.
(b) That she bought a horse.
(c) The sale of her property.
(d) The birth of her grandchild.
10. What does Lin admit to Edward when Victoria leaves?
(a) She hates Victoria.
(b) She's attracted to Edward.
(c) She is Edward's long lost sister.
(d) She's attracted to Victoria.
11. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because she thinks they are pretty.
(b) Because other girls have called her a boy.
(c) Because she's they are more comfortable.
(d) Because she likes a boy.
12. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
(a) Accept a job offer in another city.
(b) Have another baby.
(c) Call her father.
(d) Commit her mother into a mental institution.
13. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
14. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
(a) A baby.
(b) A gun.
(c) A new doll.
(d) A present.
15. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
(a) It is awful.
(b) It is pointless.
(c) He hates it.
(d) That it has many joys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Gerry turn and tell the audience as he leaves Edward?
2. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
3. Where does Mrs. Saunders plan on going?
4. When the wedding cake is being cut, what does Harry discover?
5. How old is Victoria's daughter?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)