|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
(a) If they could have a picnic.
(b) If they could go see a movie.
(c) If they could buy a house together.
(d) If they can do together what they've done before.
2. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
(a) That it has many joys.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It is pointless.
(d) It is awful.
3. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
(b) Complete happiness.
(c) Severe depression.
(d) Confused feelings.
4. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
(a) Playing hopscotch.
(b) Sitting in the sandbox.
(c) Playing on the slide.
(d) Singing a rude skipping song.
5. What is Lin doing during the rituals?
(a) Trying to get Victoria to have sex.
(b) Drawing on the ground with chalk.
(d) Taking pictures.
6. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
(b) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
(c) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
(d) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
7. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her favorite dress.
(d) Her necklace.
8. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
(a) The warlords.
(b) The origins of the gods.
(c) The culture of the rituals.
(d) The places the ancient rituals happened.
9. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
(a) On a trip.
(b) To Martin's.
(c) The park.
(d) The city.
10. What ancient ritual do Edward, Victoria, and Lin perform in the park?
(b) Invoking the spirit of an ancient female godess.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) Making love potions.
11. Who is Gerry to Edward?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
12. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
(a) If there was something really wrong with it.
(b) If she was responsible.
(c) If she really thought it through.
(d) If she was serious.
13. At what time of day was the ancient ritual performed?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) Late at night.
(d) At noon.
14. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
(a) He is in hiding.
(b) He has just robbed a bank.
(c) That he has come to pick someone up.
(d) He is afraid for his life.
15. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
(a) If he is Oxford material.
(b) If he's a good father.
(c) If he is a lesbian.
(d) If he's marriage material.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edward come to the park where Victoria is at?
2. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
5. What news does Betty share that shocks Victoria and Edward?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)