|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tommy?
(a) Victoria's husband.
(b) Victoria's son.
(c) Lin's husband.
(d) Lin's son.
2. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
3. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
(a) If he is a lesbian.
(b) If he's a good father.
(c) If he is Oxford material.
(d) If he's marriage material.
4. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Tie it around his mother's neck.
(d) Give it to his girlfriend.
5. What does Lin ask Victoria after Edward goes back to work?
(a) To hire her as a babysitter.
(b) To have sex with her.
(c) To go shopping with her.
(d) To buy her a car.
6. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
7. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
(a) Confused feelings.
(c) Severe depression.
(d) Complete happiness.
8. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
(a) The park.
(b) To Martin's.
(c) The city.
(d) On a trip.
9. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He never worked.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He cheated on her.
10. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
(b) His girlfriend's house.
(c) The pub.
(d) His mother's house.
11. Who is Gerry to Edward?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His father.
12. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(b) Her grandchildren.
13. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
(a) Clive shows up.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) There is a car accident.
(d) Cathy refuses to give Betty back her things.
14. Where does Mrs. Saunders plan on going?
(b) New York City.
(d) Back to England.
15. Where does Act 2 take place?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
2. Who does Gerry call out for toward the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
4. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
5. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)