|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Victoria and Lin are having a conversation, what is Victoria's daughter doing?
(a) Playing hopscotch.
(b) Sitting in the sandbox.
(c) Singing a rude skipping song.
(d) Playing on the slide.
2. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
(a) They have aged greatly.
(b) They are babies.
(c) They appear as they did in Act 1.
(d) They are invisible.
3. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
(a) If she was serious.
(b) If there was something really wrong with it.
(c) If she was responsible.
(d) If she really thought it through.
4. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He never worked.
5. How many years have Betty, Edward and Victoria aged since the reader last saw them?
6. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
7. What news does Betty share that shocks Victoria and Edward?
(a) She's homeless.
(b) She's won the lottery.
(c) She's moving.
(d) That she plans on leaving Clive.
8. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
(a) Clive shows up.
(b) Cathy refuses to give Betty back her things.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) There is a car accident.
9. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
(a) Tommy left a toy there.
(b) She needed some time alone.
(c) She couldn't find Cathy.
(d) She heard there would be a speaker in the park.
10. What does Lin ask Victoria after Edward goes back to work?
(a) To buy her a car.
(b) To hire her as a babysitter.
(c) To have sex with her.
(d) To go shopping with her.
11. Where does Act 2 take place?
(d) New York.
12. Before the wedding, what's Betty's advice to Ellen about marriage?
(a) That it's not to be enjoyed.
(b) That it is pointless.
(c) That's is the best experience ever.
(d) That she wishes she never married.
13. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) On a cold winter's night.
14. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
(a) That she bought a horse.
(b) The sale of her property.
(c) The birth of her grandchild.
(d) The death of the natives' chief.
15. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
(a) She hears Cathy teasing the other children.
(b) Her son fell in the pond.
(c) She has pent up emotions towards her husband.
(d) She lost her wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
2. What does Martin try to convince Victoria to do as he leaves the ritual?
3. What has Betty never enjoyed?
4. What does Edward confess to Victoria as they sit on the bench in the park?
5. What does Edward notice Joshua taking out during Clive's wedding speech?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)