|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
(b) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
(c) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
(d) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
2. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) By slapping Edward for lying.
(b) Congratulating Edward.
(c) Killing Joshua.
(d) Slapping Joshua.
3. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
(a) He hates it.
(b) It is awful.
(c) That it has many joys.
(d) It is pointless.
4. What news does Betty share that shocks Victoria and Edward?
(a) She's moving.
(b) That she plans on leaving Clive.
(c) She's homeless.
(d) She's won the lottery.
5. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
6. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
(a) They believe the ritual is true.
(b) They want to play a joke.
(c) They think it's funny.
(d) They are drunk.
7. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) The pub.
(c) His mother's house.
8. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) On a cold winter's night.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(d) Christmas morning.
9. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
(a) She is embarrassed of him.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She is madly in love with him.
(d) She is non-committal.
10. What does Gerry wish for the most?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To be married.
(c) To be a priest.
(d) To be a father.
11. Who is Tommy?
(a) Victoria's husband.
(b) Lin's son.
(c) Lin's husband.
(d) Victoria's son.
12. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
13. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
(a) Call her father.
(b) Commit her mother into a mental institution.
(c) Accept a job offer in another city.
(d) Have another baby.
14. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
(a) A child.
(b) A robber.
(c) A cop.
(d) A spirit.
15. What does the person Gerry calls out for ask him?
(a) If they can do together what they've done before.
(b) If they could have a picnic.
(c) If they could buy a house together.
(d) If they could go see a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day was the ancient ritual performed?
2. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
3. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
4. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
5. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)