|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To end the argument with Edward, where does Gerry leave to go?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) The pub.
(c) His mother's house.
2. Where does Gerry go after the others go home from the ritual?
(a) On a trip.
(b) To Martin's.
(c) The park.
(d) The city.
3. What is odd about the person who Gerry calls out to?
(a) They have aged greatly.
(b) They appear as they did in Act 1.
(c) They are babies.
(d) They are invisible.
4. Who is Tommy?
(a) Lin's husband.
(b) Lin's son.
(c) Victoria's son.
(d) Victoria's husband.
5. What does Gerry wish for the most?
(a) To be a father.
(b) To be married.
(c) To be a priest.
(d) To be alone.
6. Why does Edward want to keep the necklace in a safe?
(a) To hide it from Joshua.
(b) Because of all the trouble with the natives.
(c) To prevent it from being stolen too.
(d) To hide it from Betty.
7. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
(a) He is non-committal.
(b) He hates it and wants a divorce.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He finds it very difficult.
8. What does Lin reveal to Victoria during their conversation?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she has a brother in the army.
(c) That she is in the army.
(d) That she robbed a bank.
9. What does Joshua do to Victoria's doll when he sees Edward playing with it again?
(a) He washes it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He slits it open.
10. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
(a) Their own.
11. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because other girls have called her a boy.
(b) Because she likes a boy.
(c) Because she's they are more comfortable.
(d) Because she thinks they are pretty.
12. What distracts everyone from Betty's news?
(a) There is a car accident.
(b) Cathy refuses to give Betty back her things.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) Clive shows up.
13. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) By slapping Edward for lying.
(b) Slapping Joshua.
(c) Congratulating Edward.
(d) Killing Joshua.
14. How old is Victoria's daughter?
15. What does Martin try to convince Victoria to do as he leaves the ritual?
(a) Divorce her husband.
(b) Accept a job he offered.
(c) Go home with him.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
2. What are Lin and Victoria discussing in the city park?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
5. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)