|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry tell the audience when he arrives at his destination after the ritual?
(a) He is in hiding.
(b) He has just robbed a bank.
(c) That he has come to pick someone up.
(d) He is afraid for his life.
2. Who does Lin suggest Betty do things for?
(b) Her grandchildren.
3. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Gerry doesn't like Edwards girlfriend.
(b) Gerry took Edward's car.
(c) Gerry went out the night before and didn't call.
(d) Gerry owes Edward money.
4. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) On a cold winter's night.
(c) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(d) Christmas morning.
5. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
(a) Because she thinks they are pretty.
(b) Because she's they are more comfortable.
(c) Because other girls have called her a boy.
(d) Because she likes a boy.
6. What is the subject of the ancient ritual lectures?
(a) The warlords.
(b) The culture of the rituals.
(c) The origins of the gods.
(d) The places the ancient rituals happened.
7. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
(b) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
(c) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
(d) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
8. After everyone goes home, what brings Victoria back to the bench Edward is sitting on?
(a) She heard there would be a speaker in the park.
(b) Tommy left a toy there.
(c) She couldn't find Cathy.
(d) She needed some time alone.
9. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) Yells for Joshua to stop.
(b) He hugs Joshua.
(c) He jumps in front of Clive.
(d) He says nothing and covers his ears.
10. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
11. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) He never worked.
12. What do Victoria and Edward decide about Betty's surprising news?
(a) It makes sense.
(b) It's an awful idea.
(c) She's insane.
(d) They need to change her mind.
13. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
(a) She hears Cathy teasing the other children.
(b) Her son fell in the pond.
(c) She has pent up emotions towards her husband.
(d) She lost her wallet.
14. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her favorite dress.
15. Where does Act 2 take place?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose shadow did the group see during the ritual?
2. How many years have passed when Act 2 opens?
3. How does Martin feel about being Victoria's husband?
4. How does Victoria feel about her husband?
5. Who does Harry blame for stealing Betty's missing item before the wedding?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)