|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose done a lot of reading on the subject of ancient rituals?
(a) None of them.
2. What does Clive tell Edward to do with the necklace?
(a) Tie it around his mother's neck.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Give it to his girlfriend.
(d) Sell it.
3. At what time of day was the ancient ritual performed?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) Late at night.
4. Why do they perform this ancient ritual?
(a) They are drunk.
(b) They think it's funny.
(c) They believe the ritual is true.
(d) They want to play a joke.
5. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
(b) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
(c) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
(d) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
6. What does Edward do when he sees what Joshua has during Clive'swedding speech?
(a) He hugs Joshua.
(b) Yells for Joshua to stop.
(c) He jumps in front of Clive.
(d) He says nothing and covers his ears.
7. Why is Lin happy to be away from her husband?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He never worked.
8. Who is Gerry to Edward?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
9. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
(a) She hears what Lin says about her.
(b) She wants to look at it.
(c) She thinks it is a toy.
(d) She wants to go hunting.
10. Who is Tommy?
(a) Victoria's husband.
(b) Lin's son.
(c) Lin's husband.
(d) Victoria's son.
11. Instead of a shadow, what does the group believe they see approach the ritual?
(a) A cop.
(b) A robber.
(c) A child.
(d) A spirit.
12. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) New York.
13. Who is Victoria sitting with at the city park?
14. What does Gerry wish for the most?
(a) To be a father.
(b) To be alone.
(c) To be married.
(d) To be a priest.
15. What is Gerry uncomfortable about in his relationship with Edward?
(a) Edward's dependency on him.
(b) Edward's stealing.
(c) Edward doing wifely duties.
(d) He doesn't trust Edward with his secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Victoria's daughter?
2. What happens to Lin after the second sighting during the ritual?
3. Why are Gerry and Edward arguing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Victoria wonder about Lin's proposition?
5. What story does Gerry turn and tell the audience as he leaves Edward?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)