|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Clive to react with disgust when he is talking to Harry?
(a) The thought of his wife.
(b) The smell of Harry's clothes.
(c) Harry shows Clive physical affection.
(d) The idea of the natives invading his empire.
2. What does Clive try to convince Mrs. Saunders to do when they are in the open field?
(a) Fight the natives.
(b) Surrender to the natives.
(c) Leave his house.
(d) Have sex with him.
3. Why is it implied that Betty and Ellen are not good at the game they are playing at the picnic?
(a) They aren't serious about the game.
(b) They are clumsy.
(c) They never played the game before.
(d) They are women.
4. After investigating Betty's claim about who was mean to her, who does Clive believe?
5. Where does Clive arrive home from?
(a) The United States.
(b) A wild safari.
(c) A hunting trip.
(d) A visit to several native villages.
6. As the games continue during the picnic who shows disappointment in Betty's behavior regarding other people?
7. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
(a) Fight the natives.
(b) Hunt for food.
(c) Put out the fire.
(d) Secure the barn.
8. How does Betty greet Clive when he returns?
(a) By telling him about all the womanly things she's done.
(b) With a new pet.
(c) With a home cooked meal.
(d) With a welcome home party.
9. How does Clive react to Edward's confession about the doll?
(a) He yells at him.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He sends him to his room.
(d) He congratulates him for his honesty.
10. What does Clive feel is important in life?
(a) Keeping his family safe.
(b) The bond in marriage.
(c) The affection between men.
(d) His children.
11. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
(a) If he is tired.
(b) If he did his chores.
(c) If he minds beating his own people.
(d) If he is hungry.
12. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They confess feelings.
(b) They have strong dislike for each other.
(c) They scare the other players.
(d) They begin to argue.
13. How does Clive react when his life is discussed?
(a) He brags about it.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He gets depressed.
(d) He gets angry.
14. Before the children arrive, what does Maud tell Clive to do?
(a) Pay more attention to Betty.
(b) Fire Joshua.
(c) Stand up for his family more.
(d) Give his children a better allowance.
15. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
2. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
3. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
4. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
5. What role does Clive have in his family?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)