|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After investigating Betty's claim about who was mean to her, who does Clive believe?
2. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
3. What is Mrs. Saunders initial reaction to Clive's request?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She punches him.
4. How are the stable boys different from Joshua?
(a) They are members of a different tribe.
(b) They are older.
(c) They are white.
(d) They are getting paid.
5. When Clive and Harry join Edward and Joshua on the porch, what does Clive tell Harry about?
(a) His marriage problems.
(b) His plans to travel.
(c) His unhappy life.
(d) Trouble with the natives.
6. What role does Clive have in his family?
(a) The son.
(b) The father.
(c) The grandson.
(d) The grandfather.
7. Why does Mrs. Saunders go outside while the men are in the stables?
(a) It's too hot inside.
(b) She forgot to feed the horses.
(c) To see what was going on.
(d) She hears screaming.
8. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(c) Mrs. Saunders.
9. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They scare the other players.
(b) They begin to argue.
(c) They confess feelings.
(d) They have strong dislike for each other.
10. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A story of his people and creation of the world.
(d) The story of his birth.
11. Why does Betty protest the news of their upcoming visitor?
(a) She is not fond of them.
(b) She is afraid for their safety.
(c) The house is a mess.
(d) They don't have the money to entertain.
12. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
(a) Make new friends.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) See a doctor for her depression.
(d) Resist her passions.
13. Who warns Clive about the stable boys?
14. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) Into town.
(b) Hide in the basement.
(c) Far away from there.
(d) On the porch.
15. Why does Harry refuse Edward's request in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Edward is old enough to do it on his own.
(b) He has "duties to his empire."
(c) He doesnt' like Edward.
(d) He thinks Edward's requests are silly
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
2. Who does Clive suggest Harry marry?
3. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
4. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
5. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)