|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
(b) His children.
2. What does Clive feel is important in life?
(a) The affection between men.
(b) His children.
(c) The bond in marriage.
(d) Keeping his family safe.
3. In Act I, what is interesting about the genders of Betty and Edward?
(a) They were once both men.
(c) The actors' genders are the same as the characters.
(d) The genders of the actors that play them are opposite of the characters' genders.
4. Why does Harry refuse Edward's request in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Edward is old enough to do it on his own.
(b) He has "duties to his empire."
(c) He thinks Edward's requests are silly
(d) He doesnt' like Edward.
5. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
(a) If he is tired.
(b) If he minds beating his own people.
(c) If he is hungry.
(d) If he did his chores.
6. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
(a) He cries.
(b) He gets angry and walks away.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He taunts Clive back.
7. What does Maud feel about children in general?
(a) They should keep their mouths shut.
(b) They should be in bed when the sun goes down.
(c) They should honor their parents.
(d) They are useless.
8. What does Clive find difficult on a daily basis?
(a) To keep away the natives.
(b) To hold up the standards of his empire.
(c) To live where they are.
(d) Finding food for his family.
9. What does Mrs. Saunders tell Clive about Joshua's family?
(a) They are murdering people.
(b) That they have fled the village.
(c) That they were killed in the village fire.
(d) They are living in wealth.
10. Why does Betty protest the news of their upcoming visitor?
(a) The house is a mess.
(b) She is afraid for their safety.
(c) They don't have the money to entertain.
(d) She is not fond of them.
11. What does Clive spill on his pants at the picnic?
12. Where does Clive arrive home from?
(a) A wild safari.
(b) A visit to several native villages.
(c) The United States.
(d) A hunting trip.
13. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They confess feelings.
(b) They scare the other players.
(c) They begin to argue.
(d) They have strong dislike for each other.
14. Who does Clive suggest Harry marry?
(d) Mrs. Saunders.
15. What does Ellen confess to Betty again while they are outside?
(a) Her deep depression.
(b) Her love for Clive.
(c) Her love for Betty.
(d) Her guilt from stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of picnic does the family have?
2. Who is "eroding" the standards of Clive's empire?
3. Why is it implied that Betty and Ellen are not good at the game they are playing at the picnic?
4. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
5. During the picnic, how is the game situation saved?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)