|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of picnic does the family have?
(a) An anniversary picnic.
(b) A Christmas picnic.
(c) A funeral picnic.
(d) A birthday picnic.
2. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
(a) Victoria takes her doll.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He gets slapped by Betty and Ellen.
(d) Clive hits him.
3. What is Betty's reaction to Clive's confession?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She comforts him.
(d) She slaps him.
4. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
(a) A story of his people and creation of the world.
(c) A fairy tale.
(d) The story of his birth.
5. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
(a) If he minds beating his own people.
(b) If he is hungry.
(c) If he is tired.
(d) If he did his chores.
6. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is happy to see his father.
(d) He wants to tell Clive before Ellen.
7. What does Clive try to convince Mrs. Saunders to do when they are in the open field?
(a) Leave his house.
(b) Surrender to the natives.
(c) Fight the natives.
(d) Have sex with him.
8. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They scare the other players.
(b) They have strong dislike for each other.
(c) They begin to argue.
(d) They confess feelings.
9. Who admires Clive's life?
10. What does Betty and Harry confess to each other?
(a) A secret passion.
(b) Hatred for each other.
(c) Hate for Clive.
(d) Fear of Joshua.
11. Before the children arrive, what does Maud tell Clive to do?
(a) Give his children a better allowance.
(b) Stand up for his family more.
(c) Pay more attention to Betty.
(d) Fire Joshua.
12. What does Clive admit to knowing about his wife?
(a) That she's a terrible mother.
(b) That she's lazy.
(c) That she's in love with a woman.
(d) That she's in love with another man.
13. What does the play start with in Act I?
(a) A patriotic song.
(b) A death.
(c) A birth.
(d) A war.
14. As Betty runs out to greet their guest, what does Maud warn Betty about?
(a) To not trust Joshua.
(b) To never leave the children alone.
(c) To stay away from Harry.
(d) To remember her place as Clive's wife.
15. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is confident.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive tell Harry in Act 1, Scene 4 about the situation with Betty?
2. After investigating Betty's claim about who was mean to her, who does Clive believe?
3. What does Clive suggest that Edward participate in?
4. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
5. As everyone leaves the house, who does Clive hold back from exiting?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)