|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clive's advice to Harry?
(a) To start seeking.
(b) To give up.
(c) To enjoy what he has.
(d) He doesn't have any advice for him.
2. What does Clive tell Harry in Act 1, Scene 4 about the situation with Betty?
(a) That Betty is pregnant.
(b) That everything is back the way it should be.
(c) That Betty is planning on leaving.
(d) That Betty is a terrible liar.
3. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
4. What does the play start with in Act I?
(a) A death.
(b) A patriotic song.
(c) A birth.
(d) A war.
5. What are Ellen and Betty playing at the picnic?
(a) Cops and robbers.
6. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
7. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
(a) Hunt for food.
(b) Secure the barn.
(c) Fight the natives.
(d) Put out the fire.
8. When asked his opinion, how does Joshua describe the natives?
(a) As misunderstood.
(b) As peaceful.
(c) As harmless.
(d) As "bad people" who are not his people.
9. What is Betty's reaction to Clive's confession?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She comforts him.
(d) She cries.
10. When Clive and Harry join Edward and Joshua on the porch, what does Clive tell Harry about?
(a) Trouble with the natives.
(b) His marriage problems.
(c) His plans to travel.
(d) His unhappy life.
11. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) The native villagers.
(b) Building weapons.
(c) The gold in the area.
(d) The Queen's land.
12. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
(a) Giving the other tribe secrets.
(c) Whispering and sneaking out.
(d) Planning a war.
13. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
(a) He gets angry and walks away.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He taunts Clive back.
14. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Her sewing basket.
(b) Her children.
(c) Food for the guests.
(d) More drinks.
15. During the picnic, how is the game situation saved?
(a) It is time to eat.
(b) It is suggested to play hide and seek instead.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The natives distract them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty greet Clive when he returns?
2. At the picnic, who saves the disagreement over the game?
3. At the picnic, who is just as bad at the game as Betty and Ellen?
4. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
5. What does Betty reveal to Clive about Edward, his son?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)