|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As everyone leaves the house, who does Clive hold back from exiting?
2. How are the stable boys different from Joshua?
(a) They are getting paid.
(b) They are members of a different tribe.
(c) They are white.
(d) They are older.
3. Who admires Clive's life?
4. What kind of picnic does the family have?
(a) A Christmas picnic.
(b) A funeral picnic.
(c) An anniversary picnic.
(d) A birthday picnic.
5. What does Betty ask Clive for during their private discussion inside?
(a) Clive's forgiveness.
(b) A divorce.
(c) More servants.
(d) More children.
6. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) Into town.
(b) Hide in the basement.
(c) On the porch.
(d) Far away from there.
7. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
8. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
(a) Harry and Betty.
(b) Edward and Betty.
(c) Betty and Ellen.
(d) Harry and Ellen.
9. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
(a) He gets slapped by Betty and Ellen.
(b) Clive hits him.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Victoria takes her doll.
10. During what time period does Act I occur?
(a) The early-1900s.
(c) Present day.
(d) The late-1800s.
11. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They begin to argue.
(b) They scare the other players.
(c) They confess feelings.
(d) They have strong dislike for each other.
12. What is Clive's advice to Harry?
(a) To enjoy what he has.
(b) To start seeking.
(c) He doesn't have any advice for him.
(d) To give up.
13. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
(a) He wants to tell Clive before Ellen.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is happy to see his father.
14. How does Betty react to Ellen's second confession?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is very surprised.
(c) She feels sorry for Ellen.
(d) She misunderstands her and sends her inside.
15. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive admit to knowing about his wife?
2. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
3. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
4. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
5. What does the play start with in Act I?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)