|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive predict will cause Betty to have some excitement in the near future?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) A visit from a rival tribe.
(c) A visit from Harry.
(d) A visit from her sister.
2. What are Ellen and Betty playing at the picnic?
(c) Cops and robbers.
3. What does Edward offer Harry during the second game at the picnic?
(a) A necklace he stole.
(b) Money he stole.
(c) A wallet he stole.
(d) His love.
4. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
(a) The story of his birth.
(b) A story of his people and creation of the world.
(c) A fairy tale.
5. After everyone leaves the house, what does Clive confess?
(a) He loves someone else.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) How difficult the whipping was.
6. Who warns Clive about the stable boys?
7. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
8. Who stands alone and still on the porch for a long time while everyone is inside?
9. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
(a) Find a new man.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) Resist her passions.
(d) See a doctor for her depression.
10. What is Clive's advice to Harry?
(a) He doesn't have any advice for him.
(b) To give up.
(c) To start seeking.
(d) To enjoy what he has.
11. What does Mrs. Saunders tell Clive about Joshua's family?
(a) They are living in wealth.
(b) They are murdering people.
(c) That they have fled the village.
(d) That they were killed in the village fire.
12. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
(a) He denies it.
(b) That Victoria doesn't like or play with the doll.
(c) That Clive lets him.
(d) He had the doll first.
13. Who orders Ellen and Betty to stop playing at the picnic?
(d) Mrs. Saunders.
14. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
15. Who catches Edward playing with the doll and yells at him?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
2. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
3. In Act I, what is interesting about the genders of Betty and Edward?
4. At the picnic, who saves the disagreement over the game?
5. Who admires Clive's life?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)