|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
2. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Food for the guests.
(b) Her children.
(c) More drinks.
(d) Her sewing basket.
3. Who stands alone and still on the porch for a long time while everyone is inside?
4. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
(c) His children.
5. What does Edward want to do with Harry?
(a) Go on explorations with him.
(b) Build a new house.
(c) Fight the natives.
(d) Go fishing.
6. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He gets angry and walks away.
(c) He taunts Clive back.
(d) He cries.
7. Who is "eroding" the standards of Clive's empire?
(a) The natives.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
8. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
9. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
(a) They have strong dislike for each other.
(b) They scare the other players.
(c) They begin to argue.
(d) They confess feelings.
10. Why is Edward sent inside by Clive?
(a) To wash dishes.
(b) To eat breakfast.
(c) To bathe.
(d) To make a fire.
11. How does Clive react to Edward's confession about the doll?
(a) He congratulates him for his honesty.
(b) He sends him to his room.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He hits him.
12. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is confident.
13. What role does Clive have in his family?
(a) The father.
(b) The son.
(c) The grandfather.
(d) The grandson.
14. What does Betty reveal to Clive about Edward, his son?
(a) That Edward plays with Victoria's dolls.
(b) That Edward is depressed.
(c) That Edward is a happy child.
(d) That Edward is a bully.
15. What is Clive's advice to Harry?
(a) To give up.
(b) He doesn't have any advice for him.
(c) To start seeking.
(d) To enjoy what he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the play start with in Act I?
2. After everyone leaves the house, what does Clive confess?
3. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
4. What does Edward offer Harry during the second game at the picnic?
5. What causes Clive to react with disgust when he is talking to Harry?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)