|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive predict will cause Betty to have some excitement in the near future?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) A visit from her sister.
(c) A visit from a rival tribe.
(d) A visit from Harry.
2. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is happy to see his father.
(d) He wants to tell Clive before Ellen.
3. What role does Clive have in his family?
(a) The grandfather.
(b) The grandson.
(c) The father.
(d) The son.
4. How does Clive react when his life is discussed?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He brags about it.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He gets depressed.
5. At the picnic, who is just as bad at the game as Betty and Ellen?
6. What does Mrs. Saunders tell Clive about Joshua's family?
(a) That they were killed in the village fire.
(b) They are living in wealth.
(c) They are murdering people.
(d) That they have fled the village.
7. Who comes looking for Edward outside in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Maud and Betty.
(b) Ellen and Betty.
(c) Maud and Ellen.
(d) Betty and Victoria.
8. Before the children arrive, what does Maud tell Clive to do?
(a) Pay more attention to Betty.
(b) Stand up for his family more.
(c) Fire Joshua.
(d) Give his children a better allowance.
9. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
(a) She twisted her ankle.
(b) Because she is rebuked by Betty.
(c) She feels bad for her actions.
(d) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
10. Who stands alone and still on the porch for a long time while everyone is inside?
11. After investigating Betty's claim about who was mean to her, who does Clive believe?
12. Who rules Africa during Act I?
(a) The United States.
(b) The British Empire.
13. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
14. When Clive and Harry join Edward and Joshua on the porch, what does Clive tell Harry about?
(a) His marriage problems.
(b) His plans to travel.
(c) His unhappy life.
(d) Trouble with the natives.
15. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
2. What does Maud feel about children in general?
3. Who is "eroding" the standards of Clive's empire?
4. What does Clive tell Harry in Act 1, Scene 4 about the situation with Betty?
5. Who warns Clive about the stable boys?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)