|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
2. How does Clive react when his life is discussed?
(a) He brags about it.
(b) He gets depressed.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He is embarrassed.
3. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
4. What does Maud feel about children in general?
(a) They should be in bed when the sun goes down.
(b) They should honor their parents.
(c) They are useless.
(d) They should keep their mouths shut.
5. What does Betty and Clive's guest narrowly escape from while living in Africa?
(b) An attack by the natives.
(d) An earthquake.
6. As Betty runs out to greet their guest, what does Maud warn Betty about?
(a) To not trust Joshua.
(b) To stay away from Harry.
(c) To remember her place as Clive's wife.
(d) To never leave the children alone.
7. What does Betty ask Clive for during their private discussion inside?
(a) Clive's forgiveness.
(b) More children.
(c) A divorce.
(d) More servants.
8. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) Into town.
(b) Far away from there.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) On the porch.
9. As the games continue during the picnic who shows disappointment in Betty's behavior regarding other people?
10. To what is Clive's life compared?
(a) A circus.
(b) An empire.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A dream.
11. What has the destruction of the native village caused to happen?
(a) The army is coming in.
(b) Disease has ravaged the area.
(c) People have deserted the area.
(d) People are coming to rebuild.
12. Who stands alone and still on the porch for a long time while everyone is inside?
13. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
(a) He wants to tell Clive before Ellen.
(b) He is happy to see his father.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is excited.
14. What does Mrs. Saunders tell Clive about Joshua's family?
(a) They are murdering people.
(b) That they were killed in the village fire.
(c) That they have fled the village.
(d) They are living in wealth.
15. What are Ellen and Betty playing at the picnic?
(c) Cops and robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
2. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
3. Who comes looking for Edward outside in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
5. Why does Betty protest the news of their upcoming visitor?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)