|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty ask Clive for during their private discussion inside?
(a) More children.
(b) More servants.
(c) Clive's forgiveness.
(d) A divorce.
2. Before the children arrive, what does Maud tell Clive to do?
(a) Stand up for his family more.
(b) Pay more attention to Betty.
(c) Fire Joshua.
(d) Give his children a better allowance.
3. Why is Edward sent inside by Clive?
(a) To bathe.
(b) To eat breakfast.
(c) To wash dishes.
(d) To make a fire.
4. What does Betty and Harry confess to each other?
(a) Fear of Joshua.
(b) Hate for Clive.
(c) A secret passion.
(d) Hatred for each other.
5. Why does Mrs. Saunders go outside while the men are in the stables?
(a) To see what was going on.
(b) It's too hot inside.
(c) She forgot to feed the horses.
(d) She hears screaming.
6. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
(a) He had the doll first.
(b) He denies it.
(c) That Clive lets him.
(d) That Victoria doesn't like or play with the doll.
7. What kind of picnic does the family have?
(a) A birthday picnic.
(b) A funeral picnic.
(c) A Christmas picnic.
(d) An anniversary picnic.
8. Who rules Africa during Act I?
(a) The British Empire.
(c) The United States.
9. To what is Clive's life compared?
(a) A dream.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) An empire.
(d) A circus.
10. After his first choice was declined, who does Clive arrange Harry to marry?
11. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
12. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) Into town.
(b) On the porch.
(c) Far away from there.
(d) Hide in the basement.
13. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
(a) He gets angry and walks away.
(b) He taunts Clive back.
(c) He cries.
(d) He ignores him.
14. What is Betty's reaction to Clive's confession?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She comforts him.
(d) She cries.
15. During the picnic, how is the game situation saved?
(a) It is suggested to play hide and seek instead.
(b) The natives distract them.
(c) It is time to eat.
(d) It starts to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
2. As characters find themselves alone with each other during the second game, what happens?
3. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
5. What does Edward offer Harry during the second game at the picnic?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)