|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive find difficult on a daily basis?
(a) To hold up the standards of his empire.
(b) Finding food for his family.
(c) To keep away the natives.
(d) To live where they are.
2. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
3. Who is "eroding" the standards of Clive's empire?
(a) The natives.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
4. After his first choice was declined, who does Clive arrange Harry to marry?
5. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
(a) Harry and Betty.
(b) Harry and Ellen.
(c) Edward and Betty.
(d) Betty and Ellen.
6. Why is Edward sent inside by Clive?
(a) To eat breakfast.
(b) To bathe.
(c) To make a fire.
(d) To wash dishes.
7. What does Clive suggest that Edward participate in?
(c) Riding with the men.
8. What does Maud feel about children in general?
(a) They should be in bed when the sun goes down.
(b) They should honor their parents.
(c) They are useless.
(d) They should keep their mouths shut.
9. What does the play start with in Act I?
(a) A war.
(b) A birth.
(c) A death.
(d) A patriotic song.
10. Who orders Ellen and Betty to stop playing at the picnic?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
11. Who confesses love for Betty during the second game at the picnic?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
12. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) The gold in the area.
(b) The Queen's land.
(c) The native villagers.
(d) Building weapons.
13. What does Betty reveal to Clive about Edward, his son?
(a) That Edward is depressed.
(b) That Edward plays with Victoria's dolls.
(c) That Edward is a bully.
(d) That Edward is a happy child.
14. What does Betty and Harry confess to each other?
(a) A secret passion.
(b) Hatred for each other.
(c) Hate for Clive.
(d) Fear of Joshua.
15. During the picnic, how is the game situation saved?
(a) It is time to eat.
(b) It is suggested to play hide and seek instead.
(c) The natives distract them.
(d) It starts to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
2. After investigating Betty's claim about who was mean to her, who does Clive believe?
3. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
4. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
5. Why does Maud quit the second game during the picnic?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)