|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen confess to Betty again while they are outside?
(a) Her love for Betty.
(b) Her deep depression.
(c) Her love for Clive.
(d) Her guilt from stealing.
2. What does Betty and Harry confess to each other?
(a) Fear of Joshua.
(b) Hatred for each other.
(c) A secret passion.
(d) Hate for Clive.
3. Why does Maud quit the second game during the picnic?
(a) She thinks she hears something.
(b) She thinks the game is silly.
(c) She gets stung by an insect.
(d) She gets scared.
4. When asked his opinion, how does Joshua describe the natives?
(a) As peaceful.
(b) As harmless.
(c) As "bad people" who are not his people.
(d) As misunderstood.
5. How does Maud feel about Mrs. Saunders going outside with the men?
(a) She is worried for her.
(b) She is angry.
(c) That it's unwomanly.
(d) She encourages her.
6. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) Building weapons.
(b) The Queen's land.
(c) The gold in the area.
(d) The native villagers.
7. As Betty runs out to greet their guest, what does Maud warn Betty about?
(a) To never leave the children alone.
(b) To not trust Joshua.
(c) To remember her place as Clive's wife.
(d) To stay away from Harry.
8. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
(a) Harry and Betty.
(b) Betty and Ellen.
(c) Edward and Betty.
(d) Harry and Ellen.
9. During what time period does Act I occur?
(a) Present day.
(c) The late-1800s.
(d) The early-1900s.
10. Why is Edward sent inside by Clive?
(a) To make a fire.
(b) To wash dishes.
(c) To bathe.
(d) To eat breakfast.
11. What does Clive spill on his pants at the picnic?
12. What does Maud feel about children in general?
(a) They are useless.
(b) They should keep their mouths shut.
(c) They should be in bed when the sun goes down.
(d) They should honor their parents.
13. How does Clive react when his life is discussed?
(a) He brags about it.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He gets depressed.
(d) He is embarrassed.
14. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
(c) His children.
15. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clive and Harry join Edward and Joshua on the porch, what does Clive tell Harry about?
2. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
3. Who catches Edward playing with the doll and yells at him?
4. Why does Harry refuse Edward's request in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)