|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty and Harry confess to each other?
(a) Fear of Joshua.
(b) Hatred for each other.
(c) A secret passion.
(d) Hate for Clive.
2. What causes Clive to react with disgust when he is talking to Harry?
(a) The smell of Harry's clothes.
(b) Harry shows Clive physical affection.
(c) The idea of the natives invading his empire.
(d) The thought of his wife.
3. As the games continue during the picnic who shows disappointment in Betty's behavior regarding other people?
4. What does Clive predict will cause Betty to have some excitement in the near future?
(a) A visit from a rival tribe.
(b) A visit from her sister.
(c) A visit from the Red Cross.
(d) A visit from Harry.
5. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(c) Mrs. Saunders.
6. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
7. What role does Clive have in his family?
(a) The grandson.
(b) The grandfather.
(c) The father.
(d) The son.
8. What does Clive suggest that Edward participate in?
(a) Riding with the men.
9. As Betty runs out to greet their guest, what does Maud warn Betty about?
(a) To stay away from Harry.
(b) To never leave the children alone.
(c) To not trust Joshua.
(d) To remember her place as Clive's wife.
10. Who rules Africa during Act I?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The United States.
11. With whom does Clive appear when he re-enters the room from meeting with their guest in Act 1?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
12. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) Building weapons.
(b) The Queen's land.
(c) The gold in the area.
(d) The native villagers.
13. As everyone leaves the house, who does Clive hold back from exiting?
14. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
(a) A fairy tale.
(b) A story of his people and creation of the world.
(c) The story of his birth.
15. What does Clive try to convince Mrs. Saunders to do when they are in the open field?
(a) Have sex with him.
(b) Leave his house.
(c) Fight the natives.
(d) Surrender to the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Clive tell Harry in Act 1, Scene 4 about the situation with Betty?
3. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
4. After everyone leaves the house, what does Clive confess?
5. What does Clive spill on his pants at the picnic?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)