|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty and Clive's guest narrowly escape from while living in Africa?
(b) An attack by the natives.
(c) An earthquake.
2. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
3. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
(a) That Victoria doesn't like or play with the doll.
(b) He denies it.
(c) That Clive lets him.
(d) He had the doll first.
4. What does Clive admit to knowing about his wife?
(a) That she's lazy.
(b) That she's a terrible mother.
(c) That she's in love with a woman.
(d) That she's in love with another man.
5. How does Clive react to Edward's confession about the doll?
(a) He yells at him.
(b) He sends him to his room.
(c) He congratulates him for his honesty.
(d) He hits him.
6. What has the destruction of the native village caused to happen?
(a) People have deserted the area.
(b) Disease has ravaged the area.
(c) The army is coming in.
(d) People are coming to rebuild.
7. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Her children.
(b) Food for the guests.
(c) More drinks.
(d) Her sewing basket.
8. What kind of story does Joshua tell Edward while they are on the porch?
(a) A fairy tale.
(b) The story of his birth.
(c) A story of his people and creation of the world.
9. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
10. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
(a) Clive hits him.
(b) He gets slapped by Betty and Ellen.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Victoria takes her doll.
11. Who orders Ellen and Betty to stop playing at the picnic?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
12. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
(a) Building weapons.
(b) The Queen's land.
(c) The gold in the area.
(d) The native villagers.
13. What does Edward feel about the story Joshua tells him?
(a) He thinks its sad.
(b) He doesn't like it.
(c) He enjoys it greatly.
(d) The story scares him.
14. After everyone leaves the house, what does Clive confess?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) How difficult the whipping was.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He loves someone else.
15. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clive and Harry join Edward and Joshua on the porch, what does Clive tell Harry about?
2. What is Betty's reaction to Clive's confession?
3. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
4. Who confesses love for Betty during the second game at the picnic?
5. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)