|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maud feel about Mrs. Saunders going outside with the men?
(a) She is worried for her.
(b) She is angry.
(c) That it's unwomanly.
(d) She encourages her.
2. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
(a) Betty and Ellen.
(b) Harry and Betty.
(c) Harry and Ellen.
(d) Edward and Betty.
3. What is Clive's advice to Harry?
(a) To enjoy what he has.
(b) He doesn't have any advice for him.
(c) To start seeking.
(d) To give up.
4. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
(a) He cries.
(b) He gets angry and walks away.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He taunts Clive back.
5. What does Edward feel about the story Joshua tells him?
(a) He doesn't like it.
(b) He enjoys it greatly.
(c) He thinks its sad.
(d) The story scares him.
6. Who does Betty claim has been mean to her?
7. With whom does Clive appear when he re-enters the room from meeting with their guest in Act 1?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
8. Who warns Clive about the stable boys?
9. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
(a) Secure the barn.
(b) Fight the natives.
(c) Put out the fire.
(d) Hunt for food.
10. How does Harry feel about himself after his discussion with Clive?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is confident.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is disgusted.
11. At the picnic, who saves the disagreement over the game?
12. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
(d) Mrs. Saunders.
13. What does Betty reveal to Clive about Edward, his son?
(a) That Edward is a happy child.
(b) That Edward is a bully.
(c) That Edward is depressed.
(d) That Edward plays with Victoria's dolls.
14. Who catches Edward playing with the doll and yells at him?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
15. To what is Clive's life compared?
(a) An empire.
(b) A circus.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty greet Clive when he returns?
2. As the games continue during the picnic who shows disappointment in Betty's behavior regarding other people?
3. Why is Edward sent inside by Clive?
4. In Act I, what is interesting about the genders of Betty and Edward?
5. What causes Clive to react with disgust when he is talking to Harry?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)