|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive suggest that Edward participate in?
(c) Riding with the men.
2. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
(a) Victoria takes her doll.
(b) Clive hits him.
(c) He gets slapped by Betty and Ellen.
(d) He runs away.
3. Who is "eroding" the standards of Clive's empire?
(a) His wife.
(b) The natives.
(c) His children.
4. At the picnic, who is just as bad at the game as Betty and Ellen?
5. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maud feel about Mrs. Saunders going outside with the men?
2. What is Clive entrusted with for his job?
3. With whom does Clive appear when he re-enters the room from meeting with their guest in Act 1?
4. What role does Clive have in his family?
5. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)