|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joshua is rude to Betty, who orders Joshua to obey Betty?
(c) Mrs. Saunders.
2. During the dispute about Edward's doll, who does Maud slap?
3. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
(a) She feels bad for her actions.
(b) She twisted her ankle.
(c) Because she is rebuked by Betty.
(d) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
4. When Clive enters the house from being in the stables, why does Edward rush in to tell Clive about the doll?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is happy to see his father.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He wants to tell Clive before Ellen.
5. What does Betty and Clive's guest narrowly escape from while living in Africa?
(a) An attack by the natives.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses love for Betty during the second game at the picnic?
2. How are the stable boys different from Joshua?
3. How does Clive react when his life is discussed?
4. What does Clive suggest that Edward participate in?
5. What are the stable boys said to be doing?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)