|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period does Act I occur?
(a) The early-1900s.
(b) The late-1800s.
(d) Present day.
2. How does Maud feel about Mrs. Saunders going outside with the men?
(a) That it's unwomanly.
(b) She encourages her.
(c) She is worried for her.
(d) She is angry.
3. After telling on the stable boys, who does Joshua hint to Clive that there may be a relationship between?
(a) Harry and Ellen.
(b) Edward and Betty.
(c) Betty and Ellen.
(d) Harry and Betty.
4. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) On the porch.
(b) Into town.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Far away from there.
5. Who rules Africa during Act I?
(b) The British Empire.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maud, Betty, Mrs. Saunders and Victoria wait inside while the men go to the stables?
2. What does Clive find difficult on a daily basis?
3. What does Betty ask Joshua to retrieve in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In Act I, what is interesting about the genders of Betty and Edward?
5. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)