|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
(a) Find a new man.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) See a doctor for her depression.
(d) Resist her passions.
2. After Edward protests to the adults about playing with the doll, what happens to him?
(a) He gets slapped by Betty and Ellen.
(b) Victoria takes her doll.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Clive hits him.
3. As everyone leaves the house, who does Clive hold back from exiting?
4. Who brings the children to Clive after Clive tells his family about the natives?
5. During what time period does Act I occur?
(a) Present day.
(b) The early-1900s.
(d) The late-1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnesses the confessions made by Betty and Harry?
2. How does Edward react to Clive's taunts during the game at the picnic?
3. At the picnic, who saves the disagreement over the game?
4. What does Betty and Clive's guest narrowly escape from while living in Africa?
5. How does Maud feel about Mrs. Saunders going outside with the men?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)