|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clive send for after settling Betty's situation?
(b) His children.
2. What does Clive admit to knowing about his wife?
(a) That she's a terrible mother.
(b) That she's in love with another man.
(c) That she's in love with a woman.
(d) That she's lazy.
3. What does Maud feel about children in general?
(a) They should honor their parents.
(b) They should keep their mouths shut.
(c) They should be in bed when the sun goes down.
(d) They are useless.
4. What does Clive encourage Betty to do during their private discussion?
(a) See a doctor for her depression.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) Resist her passions.
(d) Find a new man.
5. Who admires Clive's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Saunders arrives, what do Clive and Joshua go outside to do?
2. At the picnic, who saves the disagreement over the game?
3. Before the children arrive, what does Maud tell Clive to do?
4. At the picnic, who is just as bad at the game as Betty and Ellen?
5. Who calls Edward names while he is playing with the doll again?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)