|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
(a) Far away from there.
(b) On the porch.
(c) Into town.
(d) Hide in the basement.
2. What feelings does Betty confess to Victoria about her new marital status?
(b) Confused feelings.
(c) Complete happiness.
(d) Severe depression.
3. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) By slapping Edward for lying.
(b) Slapping Joshua.
(c) Congratulating Edward.
(d) Killing Joshua.
4. After everyone leaves the house, what does Clive confess?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) How difficult the whipping was.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He loves someone else.
5. What does Betty ask Clive for during their private discussion inside?
(a) Clive's forgiveness.
(b) A divorce.
(c) More children.
(d) More servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
2. When he comes to the park, what does Martin try to convince Victoria to do?
3. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
4. What does Edward wonder about himself as he talks to Victoria on the park bench?
5. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)