|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
(a) Because she is rebuked by Betty.
(b) She twisted her ankle.
(c) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(d) She feels bad for her actions.
2. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
(a) Slapping Joshua.
(b) By slapping Edward for lying.
(c) Killing Joshua.
(d) Congratulating Edward.
3. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
4. What does Mrs. Saunders announce when she arrives at the wedding?
(a) The death of the natives' chief.
(b) That she bought a horse.
(c) The birth of her grandchild.
(d) The sale of her property.
5. After the men return from the stables, what does Mrs. Saunders ask Joshua?
(a) If he did his chores.
(b) If he is hungry.
(c) If he minds beating his own people.
(d) If he is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his speech, how does Clive say to feel about married life?
2. What does Clive find difficult on a daily basis?
3. Why does Cathy want to wear dresses to school?
4. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
5. After Lin slaps Cathy and Cathy runs off, what do Victoria and Lin realize?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)