|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When returning to everyone else in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Betty tell Clive is missing?
(a) Her favorite dress.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her hat.
2. After Edward is scolded for playing with the doll, why does Ellen burst into tears?
(a) She feels bad for her actions.
(b) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(c) Because she is rebuked by Betty.
(d) She twisted her ankle.
3. What does Edward protest when he is yelled at for playing with the doll?
(a) That Victoria doesn't like or play with the doll.
(b) He denies it.
(c) He had the doll first.
(d) That Clive lets him.
4. Why does Betty attack Mrs. Saunders at the wedding?
(a) Because Clive kissed Mrs. Saunders goodbye.
(b) Mrs. Saunders talked bad about Betty.
(c) Mrs. Saunders made of Betty's children.
(d) Mrs. Saunders stole from Betty.
5. When does Act 1, Scene 5 open up?
(a) On a cold winter's night.
(b) The morning of Harry's wedding.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) Christmas morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cathy ask for her uncle's gun?
2. In Clive's speech in Act 1, Scene 5, what emotion is he feeling?
3. Why does Victoria explode after Martin leaves to take Betty home?
4. After Edward's confession about the doll, where does Clive suggest they all go?
5. When Edward blames something on Joshua, how does Clive respond?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)