Act 1, Scene 1
1. During what time period does Act I occur?
(a) The late-1800s.
(b) Present day.
(d) The early-1900s.
2. Who rules Africa during Act I?
(c) The British Empire.
(d) The United States.
3. What does the play start with in Act I?
(a) A death.
(b) A patriotic song.
(c) A war.
(d) A birth.
4. What role does Clive have in his family?
(a) The grandfather.
(b) The father.
(c) The son.
(d) The grandson.
5. In Act I, what is interesting about the genders of Betty and Edward?
(b) The genders of the actors that play them are opposite of the characters' genders.
(c) The actors' genders are the same as the characters.
(d) They were once both men.
6. Where does Clive arrive home from?
(a) The United States.
(b) A visit to several native villages.
(c) A wild safari.
(d) A hunting trip.
7. How does Betty greet Clive when he returns?
(a) With a new pet.
(b) With a home cooked meal.
(c) With a welcome home party.
(d) By telling him about all the womanly things she's done.
This section contains 4,440 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)