|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Saturday, July 15, Coney Island and Brighton Beach had lost an estimated __________________ beach goers, replaced by gangs of men armed with guns and spears bent on killing sharks.
2. Why did the shark do this to Renny?
(a) Probably to see what kind of creature he was.
(b) Probably to see if he would taste good.
(c) Probably to sate his hunger.
(d) Probably to get a sense of his size.
3. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
(a) The shark had reappeared and was clamped down on Charles' leg.
(b) Another person screaming in the water.
(c) The shark as it attacked Charles' would-be lifesaver.
(d) A large wave.
4. Scientists have recently theorized that shark attacks may be caused by what?
(a) Changes in coastal water temperatures.
(b) Sick sharks.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) More humans in the water.
5. What rumors were rampant?
(a) Sharks were patrolling offshore.
(b) German U-boats were patrolling offshore.
(c) The young people were causing problems on the beach.
(d) The water was polluted.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first to reach Charles was who?
2. Nichols still maintained that an orca was responsible for the attacks. He soon realized that what would not accommodate a killer whale?
3. ___________________ of sharks were hunted down and slaughtered.
4. What did Charles Bruder want to do?
5. Just before they gave up, Fisher decided to dive one more time. He resurfaced and told Lester's waiting parents and the others what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)