|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruder's injuries and death were recorded and attributed to what?
(a) Shark bite.
(b) Unknown sources.
(c) Orca bite.
(d) Fish bite.
2. Word spread about the experiment with what conclusion?
(a) Sharks were not very intelligent.
(b) Sharks were no match for men.
(c) Sharks feared men.
(d) Sharks were dangerous to mankind.
3. Schleisser had sent what to Dr. Lucas for analysis?
(a) Some of the bones found in the shark.
(b) Some of the pieces of fabric found in the shark.
(c) Some of the objects found in the shark.
(d) Some of the debris found in the shark.
4. The thousands of ________________ that cover their skin aid in their maneuverability and speed.
5. Dr. Herbert Cooley at Keyport tended to Joseph when he was brought ashore. Joseph's ______________ received a large bite. The doctor treated the wound and had Joseph rushed to the hospital.
(a) Calf muscle.
(b) Arm muscle.
(c) Thigh muscle.
(d) Neck muscle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearing about the attacks, ichthyologist John Nichols drove from New York City to the Matawan Creek. Where did he stop first?
2. He cut the shark's belly open and found human bones and remains that together weighed ______________ pounds.
3. The reporters had endless questions about what?
4. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
5. The shark had traveled ____________ miles north from Beach Haven.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)