|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the shark attacked, what had happened to Bruder?
(a) The shark had bitten off his feet.
(b) The shark had bitten his hand.
(c) The shark had scraped his side.
(d) The shark bumped into him.
2. News spread of the horrific incident. Some fishermen swore what?
(a) It was a pirana that had attacked the man.
(b) It wasn't a shark that killed the man.
(c) The man had probably drowned.
(d) It was most likely a shark that killed the man.
3. Charles sensed that he was being followed and probably felt he had reached safety. Why did he feel safe?
(a) He thought the shark following him was a figment of his imagination.
(b) He believed sharks were not dangerous.
(c) He thought he could swim faster than the shark.
(d) He was in water that was only three and a half feet deep.
4. The shark hunters spotted what and shot at it repeatedly?
(a) A dark spot in the water.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A red spot in the water.
(d) A large fin.
5. The juvenile shark that killed Bruder had probably been frightened off by what?
(c) The sounds of men.
(d) The rescue boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coppleson applied his theory to many locales around the world, including South Africa, Puerto Rico and _________________.
2. The expert and some of his assistants had witnessed sharks first hand and had observed how difficult it was for them to do what?
3. In most cases, white sharks dislike the taste of humans and do what?
4. The wealthy family of Dr. Eugene Vansant rode in a Pullman with their nannies and servants for a stay in ______________.
5. A shark can smell prey ___________________ away.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)