|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Benjamin Everingham doing in the Asbury Avenue beach area?
(a) Building barriers.
(d) Warning swimmers.
2. What did Dowling swear?
(a) He would never swim in the ocean again.
(b) He would help to save those attacked by sharks.
(c) He would catch the shark.
(d) He would never swim again.
3. Why might the shark not have been hungry for a short while?
(a) It was ill.
(b) It had digested human body parts.
(c) It did not like the taste of humans.
(d) It may have been storing parts of the two men it had half-eaten, much like a camel stores water.
4. Why is it difficult to catch serial-killing man-eating sharks?
(a) These sharks are very intelligent and devious.
(b) Men do not know much about sea creatures.
(c) The sharks are shy.
(d) The water conceals their crimes and aids in their escape.
5. What rumors were rampant?
(a) The young people were causing problems on the beach.
(b) The water was polluted.
(c) German U-boats were patrolling offshore.
(d) Sharks were patrolling offshore.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July ____, 1916, a small group of men and their boats were organized to hunt the man-eater down.
2. For what was the shark waiting?
3. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
4. An influx of salt water to the creek did what?
5. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)