|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first to reach Charles was who?
(a) His father.
(b) Alexander Ott.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) His fiancee.
2. Someone on shore thought they saw what, which was actually blood?
(a) A red piece of clothing.
(b) A red buoy.
(c) A red flag in the water.
(d) A red canoe tip over.
3. A new smell, the scent of _______________________, also would have piqued the interest of the shark.
(c) Human waste.
4. Noted _________________ Dr. John Treadwell Nichols was called in to investigate the attack.
5. The great white that attacked the swimmer in 1916 was probably born in the Atlantic around ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The shark craved large mammals rich with what?
2. Was it common to see sharks along the Atlantic coast?
3. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
4. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
5. On July ________, 1916, Renny Cartan, Jr., his cousin Johnson Cartan, and some other friends took off for the swimming hole at the nearby creek.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)