|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beach life had deteriorated in some minds from the many young people visiting, who engaged in what?
(a) Aggressive sporting events.
(b) Heavy drinking and dancing to suggestive songs.
(c) Dates without chaperones.
(d) Gambling and drinking.
2. The shark hunters spotted what and shot at it repeatedly?
(a) A school of fish.
(b) A dark spot in the water.
(c) A red spot in the water.
(d) A large fin.
3. What had drawn the shark?
(a) The smell of the boys.
(b) The splashing of the boys.
(c) The warm water.
(d) The sounds of the boys.
4. Bruder boasted that he was not afraid of sharks. Why was he not afraid?
(a) He believed he could out-swim a shark.
(b) He did not believe in sharks.
(c) He had swum with sharks off the coast of California.
(d) He believed he was stronger than a shark.
5. While the young shark is off the coast of Florida, it may be caught in the warm Gulf Stream currents, which does what to the shark?
(a) The high temperature makes it hungry for human flesh.
(b) The high temperature disorients the shark.
(c) The high temperature makes it uncomfortable and struggle to hunt and feed.
(d) The high temperature makes it irritable and hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coppleson applied his theory to many locales around the world, including South Africa, Puerto Rico and _________________.
2. A lunar eclipse would be occurring on July _______ that year.
3. The next morning, retired ______________ Thomas V. Cottrell was walking along the bank of the creek.
4. On board were the architect Stanford White, New York Sun publisher Charles Dana, and close friend ___________________.
5. By the time Oelrichs died in __________, no proof of the shark's danger to man had been produced.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)