|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the swimmers do after they learned what danger they had been in?
(a) They decided to go for another swim.
(b) They went looking for the shark.
(c) They changed their vacation plans immediately.
(d) They ignored the information.
2. As the young shark develops, his hunger turns him toward prey such as _______________.
(a) Small fish and crustaceans.
(b) Seals and dolphins.
(c) Orcas and whales.
3. A shark can smell prey ___________________ away.
(a) A mile.
(b) A quarter-mile.
(c) One hundred feet.
(d) A half-mile.
4. Newly born white sharks measure up to _______ feet and weigh up to eight-five pounds.
5. Coppleson applied his theory to many locales around the world, including South Africa, Puerto Rico and _________________.
(c) The United States.
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. One fact that made the thought of men being killed or eaten by sharks unrealistic to many was what?
2. Confused by the coastline, the shark swam into the mouth of what creek?
3. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
4. The shark stayed in the struggle until when?
5. Why is it difficult to catch serial-killing man-eating sharks?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)