|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The very next day, Gertrude Schuyler, from _________________, and her family were at a resort across from the spot where the shark had killed Charles Vansant.
(b) New York City.
2. For what was the shark waiting?
(a) For its prey to swim farther out into the water.
(b) For other sharks to come help it catch its prey.
(c) For its prey to escape.
(d) For its prey to bleed to death.
3. Of what was Bruder certain regarding Vansant?
(a) He had been killed by a shark.
(b) He had not actually died.
(c) He had drowned.
(d) He was not killed by a shark.
4. The shark stayed in the struggle until when?
(a) Its underside was scraping the sand.
(b) It was attacked by those helping Charles.
(c) It was shot by a man on the beach.
(d) It decided it was full.
5. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
(a) The shark had reappeared and was clamped down on Charles' leg.
(b) The shark as it attacked Charles' would-be lifesaver.
(c) Another person screaming in the water.
(d) A large wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. The shark had traveled ____________ miles north from Beach Haven.
2. Dr. Nichols, after viewing Bruder's wounds, concluded what?
3. A sense of ___________________ is felt by the end of the first chapter.
4. The juvenile shark that killed Bruder had probably been frightened off by what?
5. On board were the architect Stanford White, New York Sun publisher Charles Dana, and close friend ___________________.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)