|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great white, even in modern times, remains what?
(a) Of no interest to man.
(b) A significant danger to man.
(c) Much of a mystery.
(d) A creature of interest.
2. Dr. Nichols, after viewing Bruder's wounds, concluded what?
(a) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a shark.
(b) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a dolphin.
(c) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a sea turtle.
(d) The young man's death was caused by the attack of an orca, a killer whale.
3. Twenty-six teeth are contained in the top row and ______________ in the bottom row.
4. By the time Oelrichs died in __________, no proof of the shark's danger to man had been produced.
5. What happened to Charles Bruder on the way back to the shore?
(a) He lost consciousness.
(b) He died.
(c) He began to feel better.
(d) He begged to go after the shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beach life had deteriorated in some minds from the many young people visiting, who engaged in what?
2. Who ordered everyone out of the water?
3. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
4. Has the force of the great white's bite ever been measured?
5. Newly born white sharks measure up to _______ feet and weigh up to eight-five pounds.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)