|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
2. Some hotel guests worried about the incident, others were sure the incident had been exaggerated and believed what had happened to the young man?
(a) He had a cramp and had to swim to the shore.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He had been chased by a shark.
(d) He had drowned.
3. In July _________, the luxury yacht, Hildegard, set off on an outing in the Atlantic off the New York coast.
4. As Gertrude stroked along parallel to the coastline, what happened to her?
(a) She was suddenly attacked by a shark.
(c) She was suddenly pulled under water.
(d) She felt a sharp pain in her side.
5. The shark that attacked in 1916 had returned from the southern waters where he had suffered in his competition with many larger predators. He was tossed northward by what?
(a) A strong hurricane.
(b) The strong current of the Gulf Stream.
(c) The smell of humans.
(d) A tropical storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day, articles appeared in both the New York Times and the Philadelphia Inquirer about the shark attack. Where were these articles located?
2. Long distance swimmer, Robert W. Dowling, ________________, announced he would swim out four miles in the Atlantic--sharks be damned!
3. What were women doing that was scandalous to many?
4. The shark attacked, biting Charles where?
5. Word spread about the experiment with what conclusion?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)