|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Oelrichs died in __________, no proof of the shark's danger to man had been produced.
2. The only known creatures that on rare occasions are known to attack great whites of this size are what?
(a) Larger great whites, sperm whales and orcas.
(b) Seals and dolphins.
(c) Dolphins, sperm whales, and larger great whites.
(d) Blue whales and orcas.
3. Newly born white sharks measure up to _______ feet and weigh up to eight-five pounds.
4. The thousands of ________________ that cover their skin aid in their maneuverability and speed.
5. _______________ staff physician, Dr. William G. Schauffler, completed the official report.
(a) The Mayor's.
(b) The hotel manager's.
(c) The President's.
(d) The Governor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the young shark is off the coast of Florida, it may be caught in the warm Gulf Stream currents, which does what to the shark?
2. What did Charles Bruder want to do?
3. As the young shark develops, his hunger turns him toward prey such as _______________.
4. The damage to Bruder was so severe, a _________________ injury, that even with modern medical procedures, he could not have been saved.
5. The editorial noted that people had an unnatural ___________ sharks.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)