|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His fiancee.
2. What might have been the reason for the hotel to keep down word of the incident?
(a) To avoid depressing the tourist trade.
(b) To see if the boy had been attacked by a shark or had drowned.
(c) To avoid a law suit.
(d) To avoid mass chaos and fear.
3. In 1915, a _______________ editorial was written entitled, "Let Us Do Justice To Sharks."
(a) New York Post.
(b) New York Times.
(c) USA Today.
(d) New Yorker.
4. The very next day, Gertrude Schuyler, from _________________, and her family were at a resort across from the spot where the shark had killed Charles Vansant.
(a) New York City.
5. The thousands of ________________ that cover their skin aid in their maneuverability and speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twenty-six teeth are contained in the top row and ______________ in the bottom row.
2. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
3. _________________ miles up the coast from Beach Haven, the New Essex and Sussex Hotel occupied a large piece of real estate on the coast of Spring Lake.
4. The shark stayed in the struggle until when?
5. Was it common to see sharks along the Atlantic coast?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)