|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
(a) The amount of money her husband would spend at the casino.
(b) Some young women who were going to be parading around in revealing beach wear.
(c) The location of their hotel.
(d) How the family would spend their leisure time.
2. Though young sharks can seem slow-moving, when stimulated they can reach speeds of ____________ miles per hour.
3. Leonard Hill planned to swim out a quarter-mile from the coast and then ________ miles due south.
4. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
5. For what was the shark waiting?
(a) For its prey to escape.
(b) For its prey to bleed to death.
(c) For its prey to swim farther out into the water.
(d) For other sharks to come help it catch its prey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dowling swear?
2. The only known evidence of a shark attack had been what?
3. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
4. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
5. The first to reach Charles was who?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)