|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many years later, ichthyologist George Burgess concluded that the shark was a _________, serial killer, but in the rhetoric of the day, the shark was a sea monster.
2. Was it common to see sharks along the Atlantic coast?
(b) Yes, very frequently.
(c) Yes, but rarely.
3. The shark stayed in the struggle until when?
(a) It was attacked by those helping Charles.
(b) It was shot by a man on the beach.
(c) Its underside was scraping the sand.
(d) It decided it was full.
4. Leonard Hill planned to swim out a quarter-mile from the coast and then ________ miles due south.
5. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner and captain of the yacht was the wealthy shipping mogul Hermann Oelrichs. One of Oelrichs' goals was to debunk the myth that sharks were man-eaters. He felt certain that their bad publicity stemmed from pure fantasy. He had offered a reward of ____________ for proof that any person had ever been attacked by a shark.
2. There were some ______________ people in the water the day following the attack on Charles Vansant.
3. The Vansants stayed at the stylish _____________ Hotel, where the upper crust enjoyed their respite.
4. A shark can smell prey ___________________ away.
5. In July _________, the luxury yacht, Hildegard, set off on an outing in the Atlantic off the New York coast.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)