|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only known creatures that on rare occasions are known to attack great whites of this size are what?
(a) Dolphins, sperm whales, and larger great whites.
(b) Blue whales and orcas.
(c) Larger great whites, sperm whales and orcas.
(d) Seals and dolphins.
2. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
3. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
(a) Backed off and seemed to wait.
(b) Swam away.
(c) Attacked again.
(d) Went after another swimmer.
4. The great white that attacked the swimmer in 1916 was probably born in the Atlantic around ___________.
5. Since it was unusual for the young white shark to be close to the shore in July 1916, experts later theorized that the lone predator was led toward shore by ________________.
(b) Feelings of loneliness.
(c) Scents and currents and hunger.
(d) The currents and the smell of humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles sensed that he was being followed and probably felt he had reached safety. Why did he feel safe?
2. Beach life had deteriorated in some minds from the many young people visiting, who engaged in what?
3. ______________________ of working-class men and women migrated across downtown Philadelphia to the coast on the first day of July 1916.
4. A sense of ___________________ is felt by the end of the first chapter.
5. There was disagreement among the public as to what killed Charles. Some thought a shark was the culprit, others were convinced that _____________ was the predator.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)