|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the young shark develops, his hunger turns him toward prey such as _______________.
(a) Seals and dolphins.
(b) Orcas and whales.
(d) Small fish and crustaceans.
2. Beach life had deteriorated in some minds from the many young people visiting, who engaged in what?
(a) Gambling and drinking.
(b) Dates without chaperones.
(c) Aggressive sporting events.
(d) Heavy drinking and dancing to suggestive songs.
3. Since the incident, experts have determined that swimmers who swim with dogs are at greater risk from shark attack. Why?
(a) Due to the sounds a dog makes.
(b) Due to the dog's erratic movements in the water.
(c) Due to the strong scent a dog gives off.
(d) Due to the relationship between men and canines.
4. The Vansants stayed at the stylish _____________ Hotel, where the upper crust enjoyed their respite.
(b) Eagles Nest.
5. The great white that attacked the swimmer in 1916 was probably born in the Atlantic around ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
2. Charles sensed that he was being followed and probably felt he had reached safety. Why did he feel safe?
3. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
4. The great white, even in modern times, remains what?
5. A sense of ___________________ is felt by the end of the first chapter.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)