|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new smell, the scent of _______________________, also would have piqued the interest of the shark.
(d) Human waste.
2. Since it was unusual for the young white shark to be close to the shore in July 1916, experts later theorized that the lone predator was led toward shore by ________________.
(a) Feelings of loneliness.
(c) Scents and currents and hunger.
(d) The currents and the smell of humans.
3. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
4. On board were the architect Stanford White, New York Sun publisher Charles Dana, and close friend ___________________.
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
5. This editorial cited the fact that twenty-five years had passed since Oelrichs' swim with the sharks and _____ evidence had come forth of a shark attacking a man.
(a) A great deal of.
(d) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
2. Twenty-six teeth are contained in the top row and ______________ in the bottom row.
3. Has the force of the great white's bite ever been measured?
4. In large part, why has the great white escaped scientific scrutiny?
5. The editorial ended with what conclusion?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)