|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were women doing that was scandalous to many?
(a) They were going on dates.
(b) They were talking to boys.
(c) They were exposing their arms and legs and wearing scandalous clinging wool suits.
(d) They were not enjoying the beach environment.
2. ______________________ of working-class men and women migrated across downtown Philadelphia to the coast on the first day of July 1916.
3. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
(a) The location of their hotel.
(b) Some young women who were going to be parading around in revealing beach wear.
(c) How the family would spend their leisure time.
(d) The amount of money her husband would spend at the casino.
4. The editorial ended with what conclusion?
(a) Man did present a danger to sharks.
(b) Sharks did not present a danger to man.
(c) Sharks did present a slight danger to man.
(d) Sharks did present a significant danger to man.
5. By the time Oelrichs died in __________, no proof of the shark's danger to man had been produced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
2. On board were the architect Stanford White, New York Sun publisher Charles Dana, and close friend ___________________.
3. By ____________ years of age, the white shark nearly doubles in size, making it nearly invincible in its environment.
4. Has the force of the great white's bite ever been measured?
5. Newly born white sharks measure up to _______ feet and weigh up to eight-five pounds.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)