|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the young shark develops, his hunger turns him toward prey such as _______________.
(a) Small fish and crustaceans.
(c) Seals and dolphins.
(d) Orcas and whales.
2. The editorial ended with what conclusion?
(a) Man did present a danger to sharks.
(b) Sharks did not present a danger to man.
(c) Sharks did present a slight danger to man.
(d) Sharks did present a significant danger to man.
3. The editorial noted that people had an unnatural ___________ sharks.
(a) Interest in.
(b) Fear of.
(c) Anger toward.
(d) Power over.
4. Later scientists attributed Oelrichs' success to what probability?
(a) The sharks were small, non-aggressive species.
(b) The sharks were juvenile great whites.
(c) He thought a school of orcas were actually sharks.
(d) The great whites were not hungry at the time he jumped in the water.
5. Newly born white sharks measure up to _______ feet and weigh up to eight-five pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eugene and Louisa Vansant did what with their daughters at dusk while their eldest child, Charles, romped with the family dog in the waters off the beach?
2. The only known creatures that on rare occasions are known to attack great whites of this size are what?
3. By ____________ years of age, the white shark nearly doubles in size, making it nearly invincible in its environment.
4. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
5. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)