|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later scientists attributed Oelrichs' success to what probability?
(a) The great whites were not hungry at the time he jumped in the water.
(b) The sharks were juvenile great whites.
(c) He thought a school of orcas were actually sharks.
(d) The sharks were small, non-aggressive species.
2. A young man waded out in the Atlantic, his ______________ dog alongside his master.
3. Has the force of the great white's bite ever been measured?
(c) Yes, but the measurement was made on a juvenile shark.
(d) Yes, but the evidence is not solid.
4. Word spread about the experiment with what conclusion?
(a) Sharks were no match for men.
(b) Sharks were not very intelligent.
(c) Sharks were dangerous to mankind.
(d) Sharks feared men.
5. The only known creatures that on rare occasions are known to attack great whites of this size are what?
(a) Seals and dolphins.
(b) Larger great whites, sperm whales and orcas.
(c) Dolphins, sperm whales, and larger great whites.
(d) Blue whales and orcas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twenty-six teeth are contained in the top row and ______________ in the bottom row.
2. The wealthy family of Dr. Eugene Vansant rode in a Pullman with their nannies and servants for a stay in ______________.
3. Mrs. Vansant was somewhat concerned about the possible ruckus on the Jersey Shore due to the hordes of visitors expected and a controversy over what?
4. The only known evidence of a shark attack had been what?
5. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)