|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were women doing that was scandalous to many?
(a) They were not enjoying the beach environment.
(b) They were exposing their arms and legs and wearing scandalous clinging wool suits.
(c) They were talking to boys.
(d) They were going on dates.
2. The thousands of ________________ that cover their skin aid in their maneuverability and speed.
3. What rumors were rampant?
(a) German U-boats were patrolling offshore.
(b) Sharks were patrolling offshore.
(c) The water was polluted.
(d) The young people were causing problems on the beach.
4. This editorial cited the fact that twenty-five years had passed since Oelrichs' swim with the sharks and _____ evidence had come forth of a shark attacking a man.
(c) A great deal of.
(d) Very little.
5. Who does the boy miss at the beginning of the book?
(a) His fiancee.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1915, a _______________ editorial was written entitled, "Let Us Do Justice To Sharks."
2. Beach life had deteriorated in some minds from the many young people visiting, who engaged in what?
3. The only known creatures that on rare occasions are known to attack great whites of this size are what?
4. A sense of ___________________ is felt by the end of the first chapter.
5. The editorial ended with what conclusion?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)