|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
(a) Attacked again.
(b) Went after another swimmer.
(c) Swam away.
(d) Backed off and seemed to wait.
2. ______________________ of working-class men and women migrated across downtown Philadelphia to the coast on the first day of July 1916.
3. Coppleson would one day refer to these attacks as those by the "____________" of New Jersey.
(a) Mad shark.
(b) Crazy shark.
(c) White shark.
(d) Wild shark.
4. Dr. Nichols, after viewing Bruder's wounds, concluded what?
(a) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a sea turtle.
(b) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a dolphin.
(c) The young man's death was caused by the attack of a shark.
(d) The young man's death was caused by the attack of an orca, a killer whale.
5. Benjamin Everingham had been instructed to bring a rifle and ax along. Why did he not bring any weapons?
(a) He did not feel comfortable carrying weapons.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He thought there was no real threat.
(d) He could not find a rifle or ax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the animal at which they shot?
2. A lunar eclipse would be occurring on July _______ that year.
3. Dr. Sir Victor Coppleson, __________________ surgeon, coined the phrase "rogue shark."
4. The juvenile shark that killed Bruder had probably been frightened off by what?
5. Why did Bruder give several bellmen a break to join at the beach?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)