|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Sir Victor Coppleson, __________________ surgeon, coined the phrase "rogue shark."
(a) An Australian.
(b) A Norwegian.
(c) A German.
(d) An English.
2. Cottrell did what to warn people about the shark?
(a) He telephoned everyone he knew.
(b) He posted signs to stay out of the water.
(c) He steered his motorboat up and down the creek.
(d) He posted a warning as his Facebook status.
3. The people irrationally linked the great white attack to what?
(a) Unruly teenagers.
(b) German U-Boats.
(c) The U.S. Navy.
(d) God's wrath.
4. In July _________, the luxury yacht, Hildegard, set off on an outing in the Atlantic off the New York coast.
5. The editorial ended with what conclusion?
(a) Sharks did not present a danger to man.
(b) Man did present a danger to sharks.
(c) Sharks did present a slight danger to man.
(d) Sharks did present a significant danger to man.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ Craven, walking along the bank of the creek, had just about given up on the shark when he saw something bobbing in the water. It was Lester.
2. The ____________________ sensationalized the incident by describing in detail the gore of the attack.
3. Fisher immediately closed his ____________ shop and ran to the creek.
4. The only known evidence of a shark attack had been what?
5. The shark withstood the vengeance of man and days enduring life-threatening fresh water and made its way to ______________ Bay.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)