|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great white, even in modern times, remains what?
(a) Of no interest to man.
(b) A significant danger to man.
(c) Much of a mystery.
(d) A creature of interest.
2. Eugene and Louisa Vansant did what with their daughters at dusk while their eldest child, Charles, romped with the family dog in the waters off the beach?
(a) Went dancing.
(b) Went to the movies.
(c) Strolled along the boardwalk.
(d) Had dinner.
3. The great white that attacked the swimmer in 1916 was probably born in the Atlantic around ___________.
4. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
(a) A large wave.
(b) The shark as it attacked Charles' would-be lifesaver.
(c) The shark had reappeared and was clamped down on Charles' leg.
(d) Another person screaming in the water.
5. This editorial cited the fact that twenty-five years had passed since Oelrichs' swim with the sharks and _____ evidence had come forth of a shark attacking a man.
(a) A great deal of.
(b) Very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. People on the beach noticed what about Charles?
2. The very next day, Gertrude Schuyler, from _________________, and her family were at a resort across from the spot where the shark had killed Charles Vansant.
3. What had appeared in the paper about the attack?
4. The first to reach Charles was who?
5. Word spread about the experiment with what conclusion?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)