|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though young sharks can seem slow-moving, when stimulated they can reach speeds of ____________ miles per hour.
2. What was significant about the popular black and dark blue bathing suits?
(a) They were very unattractive.
(b) They were the same colors as great whites.
(c) They were the exact colors of marine animals that the shark savored.
(d) They were not appealing to sharks.
3. Long distance swimmer, Robert W. Dowling, ________________, announced he would swim out four miles in the Atlantic--sharks be damned!
4. Has the force of the great white's bite ever been measured?
(c) Yes, but the measurement was made on a juvenile shark.
(d) Yes, but the evidence is not solid.
5. Successive rows of additional teeth are poised behind the functional teeth, ready to replace them when they are discarded. Every ______________ weeks, a new, serrated set of teeth replaces the current set.
(a) Three or four.
(b) Five or six.
(c) Two or three.
(d) Four or five.
Short Answer Questions
1. The great white, even in modern times, remains what?
2. The owner and captain of the yacht was the wealthy shipping mogul Hermann Oelrichs. One of Oelrichs' goals was to debunk the myth that sharks were man-eaters. He felt certain that their bad publicity stemmed from pure fantasy. He had offered a reward of ____________ for proof that any person had ever been attacked by a shark.
3. Word spread about the experiment with what conclusion?
4. A sense of ___________________ is felt by the end of the first chapter.
5. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)