|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people irrationally linked the great white attack to what?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) German U-Boats.
(c) Unruly teenagers.
(d) The U.S. Navy.
2. As the shark-patrol steered its motorboats back and forth, hunting for the shark, the shark was doing what?
(a) Hunting for humans.
(b) Heading south.
(c) Picking up the many vibrations and sensations that the boats were causing.
(d) Heading north.
3. One fact that made the thought of men being killed or eaten by sharks unrealistic to many was what?
(a) Sharks are too small and weak.
(b) Such attacks had always occurred away from civilization and were virtually unrecorded.
(c) Men are too smart to be eaten by animals.
(d) Men are the strongest creatures on earth.
4. In 1922, two _____________ were attacked and killed at the same location, Coogee Beach, by large sharks that struck them with such force that they were lifted from the water.
5. News spread of the horrific incident. Some fishermen swore what?
(a) It was most likely a shark that killed the man.
(b) It was a pirana that had attacked the man.
(c) The man had probably drowned.
(d) It wasn't a shark that killed the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. By July _______, bathers returned and ventured back into the water, seeming to forget about the recent attacks.
2. The headline in the Times read, "_____________________."
3. The wealthy family of Dr. Eugene Vansant rode in a Pullman with their nannies and servants for a stay in ______________.
4. What happened to Charles Bruder on the way back to the shore?
5. _________________ miles up the coast from Beach Haven, the New Essex and Sussex Hotel occupied a large piece of real estate on the coast of Spring Lake.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)