|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester Stilwell left his job in _________________ and met his friends at the creek.
(a) The school.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) The factory.
2. The ____________________ sensationalized the incident by describing in detail the gore of the attack.
(a) New Yorker.
(b) New York Post.
(c) New York Times.
(d) AM New York program.
3. Many years later, ichthyologist George Burgess concluded that the shark was a _________, serial killer, but in the rhetoric of the day, the shark was a sea monster.
4. The person attempting to pull Charles toward the shore was stopped suddenly by what?
(a) A large wave.
(b) Another person screaming in the water.
(c) The shark as it attacked Charles' would-be lifesaver.
(d) The shark had reappeared and was clamped down on Charles' leg.
5. How was Fisher able to fight against the shark?
(a) He was brave.
(b) He was an athletically built man.
(c) He was smart.
(d) He was quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
2. Since the incident, experts have determined that swimmers who swim with dogs are at greater risk from shark attack. Why?
3. The shark that attacked in 1916 had returned from the southern waters where he had suffered in his competition with many larger predators. He was tossed northward by what?
4. The shark hunters spotted what and shot at it repeatedly?
5. For what was the shark waiting?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)