|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This doctor insisted what?
(a) A shark could not very easily inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(b) A shark might be able to inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(c) A shark could not inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(d) A shark could easily inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
2. When Lester was pulled under by the shark, the boys ran into town and told ___________________ what had happened.
(a) Sergeant Mulsoff.
(b) Captain Mulsoff.
(c) Patrolman Mulsoff.
(d) Constable Mulsoff.
3. As beach goers ran in to try to pull Charles ashore, the shark with bits of Charles' flesh in his mouth, did what?
(a) Backed off and seemed to wait.
(b) Swam away.
(c) Went after another swimmer.
(d) Attacked again.
4. The reporters had endless questions about what?
(a) Sea creatures.
(b) Attacks on humans by animals.
(d) Man-eating sharks.
5. The shark hunters spotted what and shot at it repeatedly?
(a) A large fin.
(b) A red spot in the water.
(c) A school of fish.
(d) A dark spot in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many years later, ichthyologist George Burgess concluded that the shark was a _________, serial killer, but in the rhetoric of the day, the shark was a sea monster.
2. ________________ were strapped to the boats as gunmen stood waiting for the shark to surface.
3. Lester Stilwell left his job in _________________ and met his friends at the creek.
4. The juvenile shark that killed Bruder had probably been frightened off by what?
5. The shark attacked, biting Charles where?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)