|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles sensed that he was being followed and probably felt he had reached safety. Why did he feel safe?
(a) He believed sharks were not dangerous.
(b) He thought the shark following him was a figment of his imagination.
(c) He was in water that was only three and a half feet deep.
(d) He thought he could swim faster than the shark.
2. ________________ were strapped to the boats as gunmen stood waiting for the shark to surface.
(a) Pieces of Bruder's clothing.
(b) Chunks of meat.
(d) Red pieces of fabric.
3. Since the incident, experts have determined that swimmers who swim with dogs are at greater risk from shark attack. Why?
(a) Due to the relationship between men and canines.
(b) Due to the dog's erratic movements in the water.
(c) Due to the strong scent a dog gives off.
(d) Due to the sounds a dog makes.
4. People on the beach noticed what about Charles?
(a) A dark fin was following closely behind him.
(b) He looked like he had been attacked.
(c) His dog was paddling behind him.
(d) He looked fatigued.
5. This doctor insisted what?
(a) A shark could not inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(b) A shark could easily inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(c) A shark could not very easily inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
(d) A shark might be able to inflict the damage that Bruder suffered.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was the shark waiting?
2. The shark was estimated to be _______ feet long and weighed around 500 pounds.
3. Lester Stilwell left his job in _________________ and met his friends at the creek.
4. Many years later, ichthyologist George Burgess concluded that the shark was a _________, serial killer, but in the rhetoric of the day, the shark was a sea monster.
5. The shark craved large mammals rich with what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)