|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumors say that Josanna lost her job because she was __________ while working.
2. The description for Rancher Croom refers to him as "that warm-handed, quick-foot ____" in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump.
3. What did Car do when his wife refused to go back to him?
4. Where was Car taking his cows when one of his men lost his jacket?
5. Where does the group in A Lonely Coast decide to go bar hopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative style of 55 Miles to the Gas Pump. What is this story about?
2. Describe the Touch family of The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. Who is the patriarch?
3. What did Car do once his wife refused to take him back in Pair a Spurs?
4. According to Ottaline's belief, what object talks to her The Bunchgrass Edge of the World? How does she find it?
5. Where does Shy return from in The Governors of Wyoming? Where does he say he's been?
6. What action is described in the beginning of 55 Miles to the Gas Pump?
7. Who is picking up Wade in The Governors of Wyoming? How do they know each other?
8. What is Car's first experience like being near the spurs in Pair a Spurs?
9. How does Ottaline meet her "knight" in The Bunchgrass Edge of the World?
10. Describe Ottaline in The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. What is her ultimate objective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot structure of The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. Where does the rising action begin? What is the climax of the story? What is the denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism and imagery used in the story Pair a Spurs. What is the theme of this narrative? How is it supported by the imagery?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Ottaline in The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. What are her dreams and fears? What eccentricities does she have?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)