|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Diamond decide to go to school?
2. Leeland Lee and his wife take over a meat processing plant after ______________.
3. Leeland grew up in __________.
4. What happens to Mero's car on the road to the ranch?
5. Diamond's mother refused to raise her children on a ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who becomes Diamond's second tour partner? How is this character described?
2. What does Mr. Tinsley do to help his son after his return? What did the Tinsleys hear as a result?
3. Describe the Tinsley family in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water.
4. What happens when Mero first finds the road to the ranch in The Half-Skinned Steer?
5. How does Mero escape being trapped with his car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
6. What happens when Mr. Tinsley gives their son a bath?
7. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
8. What happens as Mero progresses along his drive in The Half-Skinned Steer?
9. What led Diamond to follow his dream?
10. What takes place early the next morning in The Blood Bay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narrative style of Job History. What is the narrative point of view? How does this reflect on the tone of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mero, the protagonist of The Half-Skinned Steer, and his journey across America. Why is he traveling? Where is he going?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Leeland Lee in Job History. What are his objectives in life? What obstacles does he face? What are his relationships?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)