|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has died in The Half-Skinned Steer?
2. Where does Leeland Lee's wife take a job after the loss of the meat processing plant?
3. What branch of the military does Leeland Lee join in Job History?
4. How many more sons did Ice Dunmire's wife bear once in Wyoming?
5. Leeland Lee begins raising ____________with his father.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Leeland Lee, the protagonist in Job History.
2. What happens when Mero first finds the road to the ranch in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. What is Diamond's reaction to his mother's attempt to change his mind in The Mud Below?
4. What leads to Diamond's trip home to see his mother in The Mud Below? Who does he meet while there?
5. How does the cowpuncher take the boots in The Blood Bay?
6. Who becomes Diamond's second tour partner? How is this character described?
7. What led Diamond to follow his dream?
8. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
9. What takes place early the next morning in The Blood Bay?
10. What does Leeland Lee do after returning from the army in Job History?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot structure of The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. Where does the rising action begin? What is the climax of the story? What is the denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Diamond Felts in The Mud Below and his relationship with his mother. What has complicated this relationship? What has been the result?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Tinsley family and the Dunmire family in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water. How have their experiences in Wyoming differed? Why?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)