|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Roany and Wade fight about?
(c) Other women.
(d) Eating meat.
2. Where was Car taking his cows when one of his men lost his jacket?
3. With what money does Sutton Muddyman buy his wife's birthday present?
(a) Tax return.
(b) His paycheck.
(c) Her money.
(d) Lottery winnings.
4. What type of job did Aladdin's youngest daughter take?
(a) Postal management.
(b) Packaging design.
(c) Clothing design.
5. What does Aladdin purchase to help him oversee the farm?
(a) A horse.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ottaline's father abandoned all the old, broken ranch machinery?
2. What is the name of Aladdin's youngest daughter?
3. One of the bodies in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump was wrapped in what "from nipple to knee"?
4. The description for Rancher Croom refers to him as "that warm-handed, quick-foot ____" in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump.
5. The narrator of A Lonely Coast ran ______________with her husband previously.
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to trouble with Shy and Wade in The Governors of Wyoming? Who runs away?
2. Describe Ottaline in The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. What is her ultimate objective?
3. Describe the Touch family of The Bunchgrass Edge of the World. Who is the patriarch?
4. What is suggested by the ending of 55 Miles to the Gas Pump?
5. What did Car do once his wife refused to take him back in Pair a Spurs?
6. What is the argument between Roany and Wade caused by?
7. What events happen at the ending of A Lonely Coast?
8. What does the narrator observe which foreshadows the ending of A Lonely Coast?
9. What does Mrs. Croom find in the attic?
10. Describe the narration style of A Lonely Coast. How does it differ from the other short stories in the collection?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)