|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leeland's first job is at ______________.
(a) A ranch.
(b) A post office.
(c) A feed store.
(d) A gas station.
2. Who had abandoned Diamond?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
3. Leeland Lee begins raising ____________with his father.
4. Where does Leeland Lee go to work after having to quit because of the fight with the foreman?
(a) Truck driving.
(b) Meat processing plant.
(c) The Army.
(d) Post office.
5. The store that Leeland Lee and his wife open is in the same location as ______________.
(a) Their childhood home.
(b) His son's home.
(c) The gas station.
(d) His father's ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store does Leeland Lee open after he quits trucking the second time in Job History?
2. Leeland grew up in __________.
3. How does the young man die in the beginning of The Blood Bay?
4. Where does Leeland Lee take a job after losing the meat processing plant?
5. In what type of accident was the Tinsleys' son involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Tinsley do to help his son after his return? What did the Tinsleys hear as a result?
2. What does Mero recall of his brother in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. What is Leeland Lee's job after the feed store fails? What happens there?
4. Describe the Tinsley family in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water.
5. What happens when the rancher awakes in The Blood Bay? What is his reaction to the scene?
6. Describe the narrative of Job History. What is the voice? What is the subject of the story?
7. What happens as Mero progresses along his drive in The Half-Skinned Steer?
8. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
9. What does Leeland Lee do after returning from the army in Job History?
10. Describe Leeland Lee, the protagonist in Job History.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)