|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Leeland Lee returns from the military, he and his wife open a __________________.
(a) Gun store.
(b) Feed store.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Bait store.
2. What injury does Diamond receive to the point of needing surgery?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Herniated disc.
(c) Dislocated shoulder.
(d) Broken arm.
3. Who goes to the Tinsleys' house to discuss their son?
(a) Ice Dunmire.
(b) Mrs. Dunmire.
(c) The Sheriff.
4. Where does Leeland Lee take a job after losing the meat processing plant?
(a) The Feed Store.
(b) The Army.
(c) The local cafe.
(d) Driving a truck.
5. Where do the cowpunchers find their friend with the boots?
(a) They don't.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the house.
(d) In town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the local ranchers prefer to buy feed in Job History?
2. What store does Leeland Lee open after he quits trucking the second time in Job History?
3. What is brand new on the dead man that the cowpunchers find?
4. What refers to a hair coat color of horses, characterized by a reddish brown body color with a black mane, tail, and ear edges?
5. What kind of school does Diamond decide to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative of Job History. What is the voice? What is the subject of the story?
2. How does Mero escape being trapped with his car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. Describe Leeland Lee, the protagonist in Job History.
4. What happens to Leeland Lee's meat packing business? What does he do next?
5. Who becomes Diamond's second tour partner? How is this character described?
6. What happens when the rancher awakes in The Blood Bay? What is his reaction to the scene?
7. What is told in the exposition of The Blood Bay? What is the setting of the story? Who is involved?
8. What does Leeland Lee do after returning from the army in Job History?
9. What happens as Mero progresses along his drive in The Half-Skinned Steer?
10. Who told Mero the story about the steer that was half-skinned? What happened in the story?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)