|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Diamond grow up in The Mud Below?
2. How does the young man die in the beginning of The Blood Bay?
(a) He is thrown from his horse.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He freezes to death.
(d) He is shot.
3. Who has died in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(b) Mero's sister.
(d) Mero's mother.
4. How many miles down to the neighboring ranch does Mero decide to walk in The Half-Skinned Steer?
5. Leeland's first job is at ______________.
(a) A gas station.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A post office.
(d) A feed store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeland Lee go to work after having to quit because of the fight with the foreman?
2. What caused the rancher to be forgetful in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. What injury does Diamond receive to the point of needing surgery?
4. The store that Leeland Lee and his wife open is in the same location as ______________.
5. The Tinsleys hear that their son has been going out and _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Diamond's trip home to see his mother in The Mud Below? Who does he meet while there?
2. Who becomes Diamond's second tour partner? How is this character described?
3. What happens when the rancher awakes in The Blood Bay? What is his reaction to the scene?
4. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
5. What does Mr. Tinsley do to help his son after his return? What did the Tinsleys hear as a result?
6. What shelter does the rancher offer for the cowpokes to stay the night in The Blood Bay? What does he warn them?
7. Who is the protagonist of The Mud Below? How is this character's relationship with his mother?
8. Why did the Tinsleys' son come home in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water?
9. What led Diamond to follow his dream?
10. Describe the Tinsley family in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)