|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Diamond receive to the point of needing surgery?
(a) Dislocated shoulder.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Herniated disc.
2. What did the rancher see in the field after dinner in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(a) A statue of an elk.
(b) The steer walking.
(c) A woman walking.
(d) A nun.
3. The cowpunchers gain a place to stay in a man's ___________.
(b) Living room.
4. Leeland Lee's first job falls through because ____________ is built.
(a) An office building.
(b) A new post office.
(c) A city hall.
(d) An interstate.
5. Leeland grew up in __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the dark areas of a bay horse's hair coat called?
2. How many sons did Ice Dunmire's wife bring with her to Wyoming?
3. How much money does the homeowner give to the two cowpunchers in The Blood Bay?
4. How many cowpunchers came across the dead man in The Blood Bay?
5. What had the rancher cut from the steer before going to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
2. What happens to Leeland Lee's meat packing business? What does he do next?
3. Where does Diamond go to school? What is his success there?
4. How does the cowpuncher take the boots in The Blood Bay?
5. What happens when Mero first finds the road to the ranch in The Half-Skinned Steer?
6. What happens when Mr. Tinsley gives their son a bath?
7. What does Mr. Tinsley do to help his son after his return? What did the Tinsleys hear as a result?
8. What led Diamond to follow his dream?
9. What happens as Mero progresses along his drive in The Half-Skinned Steer?
10. Who told Mero the story about the steer that was half-skinned? What happened in the story?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)