|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mero buy a new car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
2. How long after graduation does Diamond begin making tours?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
3. What kind of car does Mero have in The Half-Skinned Steer?
4. What does Mrs.Tinsley ask her husband to do for their son?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Put him to bed.
(c) Take him to the doctor.
(d) Give him a bath.
5. What causes Leeland Lee to quit trucking in Job History?
(a) His baby gets sick.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) His father gets sick.
(d) His mother dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cowpunchers came across the dead man in The Blood Bay?
2. Where did Mero go to settle in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. What refers to a hair coat color of horses, characterized by a reddish brown body color with a black mane, tail, and ear edges?
4. What affliction has given the Tinsleys' son fever?
5. In what year is the story The Blood Bay set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Leeland Lee's meat packing business? What does he do next?
2. Who is the protagonist of The Mud Below? How is this character's relationship with his mother?
3. Why did the Tinsleys' son come home in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water?
4. What does Mero recall of his brother in The Half-Skinned Steer?
5. How does Mero escape being trapped with his car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
6. Who is the oldest son of the Dunmire family? What was his occupation?
7. What is Diamond's reaction to his mother's attempt to change his mind in The Mud Below?
8. What is the theme of Job History? How does the ending of the story indicate this?
9. What happens when Mr. Tinsley gives their son a bath?
10. What takes place early the next morning in The Blood Bay?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)