|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awakes to find the severed limbs?
2. Where does Leeland Lee go to work after having to quit because of the fight with the foreman?
(a) Truck driving.
(b) Meat processing plant.
(c) The Army.
(d) Post office.
3. Where does Mero buy a new car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
4. Who had abandoned Diamond?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does one of the cowpokes cut off the dead man?
(a) His legs.
(b) His head.
(c) His arms.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diamond work for a day while in high school?
2. Who told Mero the story of the The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. What does Diamond ask his mother in the end of The Mud Below?
4. What happens to Mero's car on the road to the ranch?
5. What does one of the cowpunchers throw near the woodpile by where he was sleeping before leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told Mero the story about the steer that was half-skinned? What happened in the story?
2. What happens when the rancher awakes in The Blood Bay? What is his reaction to the scene?
3. What is Diamond's reaction to his mother's attempt to change his mind in The Mud Below?
4. What leads to Mero's drive in The Half-Skinned Steer? Where is he going?
5. What happens when Mr. Tinsley gives their son a bath?
6. Where does Diamond go to school? What is his success there?
7. What does Leeland Lee do after returning from the army in Job History?
8. What is Leeland Lee's job after the feed store fails? What happens there?
9. What happens when Mero first finds the road to the ranch in The Half-Skinned Steer?
10. What is told in the exposition of The Blood Bay? What is the setting of the story? Who is involved?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)