|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what money does Sutton Muddyman buy his wife's birthday present?
(a) Tax return.
(b) Lottery winnings.
(c) His paycheck.
(d) Her money.
2. Who is Car's best friend?
(a) Jason Warson.
(b) Mitch Bradley.
(c) John Wrench.
(d) Jackson Spur.
3. What does Sutton Muddyman buy for his wife's birthday in Pair of Spurs?
(a) A watch.
(b) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
4. What is the name of Aladdin's youngest daughter?
5. What is the name of Aladdin's eldest daughter?
6. Mrs. Croom recognized the women from ________________in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Milk cartons.
7. What does Aladdin purchase to help him oversee the farm?
(a) A plane.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A tractor.
8. Rumors say that Josanna lost her job because she was __________ while working.
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Using cocaine.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
9. Who is the fourth woman in A Lonely Coast?
10. How is Rancher Croom's beer described?
11. Where did Car go after his men were injured taking cattle in Pair of Spurs?
(a) To the rodeo.
(c) To his sister's.
(d) The hospital.
12. Aladdin become sick with ___________.
(d) The flu.
13. What does Rancher Croom wear that's homemade in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump?
(a) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
14. How did Josanna and Elk meet?
(a) At the rodeo.
(b) At a bar.
(c) Personals ads.
(d) At church.
15. The description for Rancher Croom refers to him as "that warm-handed, quick-foot ____" in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ranch where Car lives in Pair a Spurs?
2. Shy said he had gone to a protest of ranchers killing ______________.
3. One of the bodies in 55 Miles to the Gas Pump was wrapped in what "from nipple to knee"?
4. What does Sutton Muddyman own and run in Pair a Spurs?
5. Ottaline thinks she hears ___________________talking to her.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)