|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leeland grew up in __________.
2. What does Diamond injure, forcing him to return home for a short while in The Mud Below?
(a) His neck.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His knee.
3. In what type of accident was the Tinsleys' son involved?
4. What causes Leeland Lee to quit trucking in Job History?
(a) His wife leaves him.
(b) His baby gets sick.
(c) His father gets sick.
(d) His mother dies.
5. How many miles down to the neighboring ranch does Mero decide to walk in The Half-Skinned Steer?
6. The store that Leeland Lee and his wife open is in the same location as ______________.
(a) The gas station.
(b) His son's home.
(c) His father's ranch.
(d) Their childhood home.
7. Diamond's mother refused to raise her children on a ___________.
8. Where was Mero raised in The Half-Skinned Steer?
9. How does Diamond's mother feel about his choice of schools in The Mud Below?
10. The cowpunchers gain a place to stay in a man's ___________.
(b) Living room.
11. What did the rancher see in the field after dinner in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(a) A woman walking.
(b) The steer walking.
(c) A statue of an elk.
(d) A nun.
12. Where did Diamond work for a day while in high school?
(a) A meat-packing plant.
(b) A trash company.
(c) A metal plant.
(d) A local ranch.
13. Who had abandoned Diamond?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
14. Where did Mero go to settle in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(a) New York.
15. Who threw the Tinsleys' daughter into the river?
(a) Mrs. Tinsley.
(b) Mrs. Fanny.
(c) Mrs. Freeze.
(d) Mrs. Dunmire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diamond grow up in The Mud Below?
2. What was the name of the Tinsleys' son?
3. The roper who joins Diamond on tour in The Mud Below is a ____________.
4. In what year is the story The Blood Bay set?
5. Where do the cowpunchers find their friend with the boots?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)