|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mero encounter confusing construction zones?
(a) Des Moines.
(c) St. Louis.
2. The Tinsleys' son was unable to ________________upon his return in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water.
3. The cowpuncher with the boots goes to town to send a message to _______________.
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
4. Leeland Lee begins raising ____________with his father.
5. The Tinsleys hear that their son has been going out and _____________.
(a) Exposing himself.
(b) Firing a gun.
(c) Shooting at cows.
(d) Tearing down fences.
6. What does Diamond ask his mother in the end of The Mud Below?
(a) Why his mother left.
(b) Who his brother is.
(c) Who his father is.
(d) Why his father left.
7. How many children did the Tinsleys have following the death of their daughter?
8. What caused the rancher to be forgetful in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(c) A birth disorder.
(d) A plate in his head.
9. From where did Diamond know his first touring partner in The Mud Below?
(a) High school.
10. Who had abandoned Diamond?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
11. What kind of school does Diamond decide to attend?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Business school.
(c) Arts school.
(d) Bull riding school.
12. Why is Mero pulled over on the interstate?
(a) For no brake lights.
(b) For speeding.
(c) For drunk driving.
(d) For no headlights.
13. Where does Leeland Lee take a job after losing the meat processing plant?
(a) The Feed Store.
(b) The local cafe.
(c) The Army.
(d) Driving a truck.
14. Where does Leeland Lee's wife take a job after the loss of the meat processing plant?
(a) A local cafe.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The police station.
(d) The post office.
15. What was the name of the Tinsleys' son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leeland Lee and his wife take over a meat processing plant after ______________.
2. The cowpunchers gain a place to stay in a man's ___________.
3. Who threw the Tinsleys' daughter into the river?
4. What is the last name of the character Diamond in The Mud Below?
5. Leeland grew up in __________.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)