|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mero go to settle in The Half-Skinned Steer?
(c) New York.
2. What kind of car does Mero have in The Half-Skinned Steer?
3. Leeland grew up in __________.
4. What had the rancher cut from the steer before going to dinner?
(a) Its ears.
(b) Its antlers.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its tongue.
5. Where does Mero buy a new car in The Half-Skinned Steer?
6. What does Mr. Tinsley buy his son?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A tractor.
7. One of the cowpunchers wakes up to realize it is ___________birthday.
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His son's.
8. The roper who joins Diamond on tour in The Mud Below is a ____________.
(a) Vacuum salesman.
9. Whom does Mero remember taking up to the caves?
(a) His brother.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. What is Mero's brother's name?
11. Whom does Diamond begin touring with after graduation?
12. What store does Leeland Lee open after he quits trucking the second time in Job History?
(a) Feed store.
(b) Clothing store.
(c) Gas station.
(d) Meat processing store.
13. In what year is the story The Blood Bay set?
14. The daughter of the Tinsleys grew up to marry a __________.
15. What branch of the military does Leeland Lee join in Job History?
(c) Air force.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Diamond know his first touring partner in The Mud Below?
2. What are the dark areas of a bay horse's hair coat called?
3. Where does Diamond decide to go to school?
4. Where did Ice Dunmire go to make enough money to buy some land and bring his wife and children in People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water?
5. What is the name of the man whose house the cowpunchers stop at for the night in The Blood Bay?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)