|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pluto believe is more important than the CINCPAC analysts believe he is?
2. What is the date of the anticipated invasion by the Japanese?
(a) Oct 18.
(b) Sept 24.
(c) Oct 24.
(d) Sept 18.
3. Who arrives with Galloway to the cottage in Chapter 14?
4. Who is wearing a dress uniform with ribbons when Ellen Feller arrives at the Water Lily Cottage?
5. Who does Colonel Porter order to find transportation for Dunn and Pick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an old friend of Pick's that arrives at the airfield with her father, an Admiral?
2. What kind of rifle does Jake prefer to the Springfield?
3. Who will bring Easterbrook to San Diego on Monday?
4. Where did Fertig go into demolitions?
5. Who is autographing photographs that will be used in the war bond tour in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Pick and Dunn awed by their reception at Corey Field?
2. Why are Pick and Dunn rude to Jake at the airport?
3. What does Pickering reveal that he knows about Ellen to her?
4. Why does Pick panic about paved runaways when flying?
5. What do the various comments about security truly reveal about MacArthur's real concerns to Pickering?
6. What does Pickering do to reassign people to work on the Philippines mission?
7. When Veronica tells Jake that Easterbrook is in love with Dawn, what does Jake do in response and how does he react?
8. What is surprising regarding the training of Dunn and Pick based on their experience?
9. What is important for Galloway, Pick and Dunn when they meet with Kocharski?
10. Why is Carolyn dirty when she arrives at the Andrew Foster Hotel?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)