|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends his leave in Missouri, visiting his family but wants to be with Dawn?
2. Who is an old friend of Pick's that arrives at the airfield with her father, an Admiral?
3. After landing in an auxiliary field, what does Dunn do when he walks up to a tree nearby?
(d) Takes a nap.
4. To whom does Pickering explain the MAGIC program since he has security clearance?
5. Who is protective about Easterbrook's affections for a woman and comes to warn that woman if she does not let him down gently?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pickering want to be assigned to the operation run by Fertig?
2. When Moore arrives at the Water Lily Cottage, what is handcuffed to his wrist?
3. What has Galloway been assigned to work on for ninety days along with Dunn and Pick?
4. What saloon does Banning go to after watching a performance at Radio City Music Hall?
5. Who drives Veronica to the Malibu house to see her lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the fates of both Veronica and Dawn change in Chapter 12?
2. What does Pickering reveal that he knows about Ellen to her?
3. Why does Pick panic about paved runaways when flying?
4. Why is Veronica angry at first with Jake when he arrives at the Malibu house?
5. When Carstairs comes to talk to Dunn and Pick, what is the change in policy that he discusses with them?
6. Why is Easterbrook happy yet naive while he is sick with malaria at the Malibu house?
7. Why does Pickering meet with Willoughby to learn about Fertig?
8. Why are Galloway, Pick, and Dunn not happy about being assigned to the war bond tour?
9. Why is Carolyn dirty when she arrives at the Andrew Foster Hotel?
10. What does Pick realize when he goes to the penthouse with Martha?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)