|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose screen test was successful, resulting in big plans for her at the studio?
2. Who will bring Easterbrook to San Diego on Monday?
3. Where does Jake Stecker enter in Guadalcanal carrying arms in Chapter 13?
(a) Division Headquarters.
(b) Refugee Camp.
(c) Colonial Mansion.
(d) Wilson Brokerage.
4. Instead of returning to their units, who will Dunn and Pick be training?
(a) Army technicians.
(b) Fighter pilots.
(c) Flight students.
(d) Refugee children.
5. Who is autographing photographs that will be used in the war bond tour in Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony will Dillon accompany McCoy to Washington to attend?
2. Who goes to San Diego to talk to General Underwood and Colonel Frazier about securing the release of McCoy?
3. What does the studio want Veronica to participate in during her one-month vacation that she does not want to do?
4. What hotel does Pick have a key to that he takes his friend up to drink a bottle of Whiskey?
5. Who struck a deal with Jake that could upset Easterbrook if he found out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important for Galloway, Pick and Dunn when they meet with Kocharski?
2. When Jake is assembling the personnel for the second war bond tour, what does he lack in knowledge about the pilots?
3. Why does Pickering meet with Willoughby to learn about Fertig?
4. What does Pickering reveal that he knows about Ellen to her?
5. When Dillon secures a release for McCoy and talks to Stewart, why is he concerned about Easterbrook?
6. What does Pickering believe that Pluto feels about the Japanese commander?
7. Why is Veronica angry at first with Jake when he arrives at the Malibu house?
8. How do the fates of both Veronica and Dawn change in Chapter 12?
9. Why are Galloway, Pick, and Dunn not happy about being assigned to the war bond tour?
10. Why does Veronica visit Dawn and what does this reveal about her concern for Easterbrook?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)