|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Pickering have dinner with and discuss the MAGIC intercepts and the fact that the VMF-229 has been withdrawn from combat?
2. From where do Easterbook, Dillon and McCoy drive to Los Angeles?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Raphael.
(d) San Antonio.
3. Of the entire photojournalist team, who is the only member from the original team?
4. Who lives in the Pacific Islands that Pickering tells Fowler about?
(b) Dancing Wolves.
(d) Japanese Prowlers.
5. What does Krinski recommend McCoy for initially before he gets a phone call to release him?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(c) A court martial.
(d) Working in the trenches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Major that awakens on Guadalcanal and goes to meet Vandergrift?
2. Who was away on a secret mission, leaving Dunn as Acting Commander?
3. What plane is flown by fighter plane pilots oddly?
4. As a result of bombing what area is Galloway's plane hit?
5. Who acts as a nurse at Jake's Malibu house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Coastwatechers and why are they important to American security at Guadalcanal?
2. What is the significance of sources in intelligence for Banning and Vandergrift?
3. When Pickering has his staff analyze the MAGIC intelligence, what does he learn about the Japanese and what they can do or not?
4. Why is Macklin in trouble with the Marines and Wilson for his service?
5. How do Dillon and the general assist Easterbrook in regaining his reputation?
6. What does Pickering bring up when he meets with MacArthur that arouses anger in the General?
7. Who is Easterbrook and what is his initial assignment on the Solomon Islands?
8. When Banning arrives in Washington D.C., why does Knox call the White House?
9. What is Max Krinski's role?
10. Why is Vandergrift disturbed by the message from Pickering?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)