|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intelligence has Pickering's team been analyzing at his residence?
2. Who is the Lieutenant Colonel under Fleming Pickering working in analysis?
3. Where is Lieutenant Max Krinski the Ofﬁcer-in-Charge of the Brig?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) San Raphael.
4. Where is Kofﬂer's girlfriend from?
5. Who is the Technical Sergeant with Jake talking to Major General Vandegrift at Headquarters?
6. Why had Wagam come to Espiritu Santu?
(a) To assess the situation in Tugalu.
(b) To assess the situation in Guadalcanal.
(c) To assess the situation in France.
(d) To assess the situation in Pearl Harbor.
7. What does Banning give Pickering that is worse than Pickering thought it would be when they look at film footage together?
(a) A report.
(b) A letter.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book.
8. What does Galloway and his fellow aviator fail to show when they are forced to land after the bombing?
9. What organization does the Office of Strategic Services evolve into?
10. In Washington, D.C., who is the Secretary of the Navy meeting with President Roosevelt?
11. At Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, what is Charles Dunn viewing in Chapter 1?
(a) The field.
(b) The dock.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Pagoda.
12. Where does Pickering arrive and is met by staff sent by McCoy at the wharf?
13. What kind of planes does Galloway encounter while he is flying?
14. Who is Pickering's aide that has slept with several men?
15. What does Galloway say cannot be used because it requires a day of repairs?
(a) The shuttle.
(b) The helicopter.
(c) The balloon.
(d) The plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Washington, while waiting for the arrival of Dillon and McCoy, who is trying to find out who Easterbrook is?
2. At Espiritu Santu, what is Rear Admiral Daniel Wagam about to take off in?
3. What kind of pilot is Dunn?
4. What is First Lieutenant Hon Song Do's nickname?
5. With whom does Pickering have dinner with and discuss the MAGIC intercepts and the fact that the VMF-229 has been withdrawn from combat?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)