|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of the US Army Air Corps that does not support the flight arrangements of Banning, Pick, and Galloway?
2. What does Dillon promise to give the nurse for taking good care of Easterbook while they are in Washington?
(a) Free travel miles.
(b) A new penthouse.
(c) Connections to producers.
(d) Lots of money.
3. When one of the planes crashes due to lack of fuel and a pilot dies, who feels responsible?
4. Who is the Major that awakens on Guadalcanal and goes to meet Vandergrift?
5. In Washington, D.C., who is the Secretary of the Navy meeting with President Roosevelt?
6. Who wants Macklin assigned to his staff?
7. Who was mentioned in a memo from the Secretary of the Navy and a member of the combat correspondents?
8. What intelligence has Pickering's team been analyzing at his residence?
9. With whom does Galloway co-pilot a plane landing in Henderson Field?
10. Who does Easterbrook meet on the beach after taking pictures?
11. Who receives a new ﬂight suit and other supplies from Pick?
12. What is Koffler's girlfriend's name?
13. Who is outﬁtted with fresh clothing and driven to Muku-Muku, Pickering's estate?
14. At Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, what is Charles Dunn viewing in Chapter 1?
(a) The Pagoda.
(b) The field.
(c) The airport.
(d) The dock.
15. Who is NOT part of the group meeting to discuss the best method of staving off the Japanese attack in Guadalcanal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is First Lieutenant Hon Song Do's nickname?
2. With whom does Pickering have dinner with and discuss the MAGIC intercepts and the fact that the VMF-229 has been withdrawn from combat?
3. Why had Wagam come to Espiritu Santu?
4. Where is Kofﬂer's girlfriend from?
5. Who dictates a letter to the Joint Chiefs of Staff telling them to use every weapon to defend Guadalcanal?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)