|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where do Easterbook, Dillon and McCoy drive to Los Angeles?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Raphael.
2. Who was mentioned in a memo from the Secretary of the Navy and a member of the combat correspondents?
3. Who doesn't want Donovan poking around in his military operations?
4. What does Krinski recommend McCoy for initially before he gets a phone call to release him?
(a) Working in the trenches.
(b) A court martial.
(d) Life imprisonment.
5. Who is the Major General that tells Vandergrift of a message from Pickering?
6. At Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, what is Charles Dunn viewing in Chapter 1?
(a) The dock.
(b) The Pagoda.
(c) The airport.
(d) The field.
7. Who was away on a secret mission, leaving Dunn as Acting Commander?
8. When Banning's plane lands in San Francisco, who is he met by?
(a) A Shore Patrol ofﬁcer.
(b) A Lieutenant Officer.
(c) A German cop.
(d) A Prussian leader.
9. Who is outﬁtted with fresh clothing and driven to Muku-Muku, Pickering's estate?
10. What is the name of Pickering's residence?
(a) Peace Valley Cottage.
(b) Water Lily Cottage.
(c) Manning Mansion.
(d) Love Joy Farm.
11. Who lives in the Pacific Islands that Pickering tells Fowler about?
(b) Dancing Wolves.
(c) Japanese Prowlers.
12. With whom does Pickering have dinner with and discuss the MAGIC intercepts and the fact that the VMF-229 has been withdrawn from combat?
13. Who is the Major that awakens on Guadalcanal and goes to meet Vandergrift?
14. With whom does Pickering have an animosity that dates before the War?
15. Who is NOT part of the group meeting to discuss the best method of staving off the Japanese attack in Guadalcanal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Vandegrift promote the Major that met with him for breakfast to?
2. What is McCoy going to receive as an award in Washington?
3. Who does Banning warn Pickering to be cautious about as betraying his secrets?
4. Who is Pickering's aide that has slept with several men?
5. What does Easterbrook lack that forces his friends to take him to a military hospital for treatment for his sickness?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)