• Charles Dunn is viewing the Pagoda, or control tower, at Henderson Field, Guadalcanal.
• Dunn asked his group to check their guns, which they do.
• The planes headed in a northwest direction.
• Dunn was Acting Commander because Captain Charles M. Galloway was away on a secret mission.
• Lieutenant Colonel Clyde W. Dawkins, the Commanding Ofï¬cer feels that Dunn is a natural leader and the best man for the job.
• Dunn and Dawkins talk about the crash of one of the planes that had run out of fuel.
• Dunn feels personally responsible for the death of the man.
• He insists on writing the widow.
• The patrol had failed to ï¬nd the Blue Baron, Baron Eric von Hassenfeffor, whom they were hoping to engage.
• Galloway is piloting a plane with Pick Pickering as his co-pilot.
• They land at Henderson Field.
• Bobby Easterbrook is at Guadalcanal as part of a...
This section contains 3,462 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)