|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex want to hear in Melodia?
2. Who was the youngest member of Alex's old gang?
3. What word does Alex use to describe the part of town his staja is in?
4. What do the doctors do when Alex asks them to stop the film?
5. What do the officers do to Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes the changes in attitude that may happen to a teen while undergoing the transition to true adulthood, using Alex as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the elements of Alex's character and attempts to explain why he does what he does, and what motivates him. Be sure to touch upon the following points:
1 - Whether or not Alex's treatment at the hands of the government is justifiable.
2 - Whether or not Alex can be considered "evil."
3 - Whether or not Alex is really capable of changing into a better person.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains the conflict between morality and practical necessity in controlling crime, providing examples from real life.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)