|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex feel as he watches the film?
2. What does Alex intend to do when he is free?
3. What does Dr. Brodsky think music is?
4. What is the only thing Dr. Brodsky is concerned with?
5. What will the common people sell liberty for?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay, with evidence from the novel, that describes Alex's opinion on the usefulness and merit of violence Counter this opinion with an argument that draws upon the negative effect that violence has had upon Alex's life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains what life would be like if it was impossible to derive pleasure from things such as music, art, sex, and even violence.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains at least two elements of symbolism in A Clockwork Orange. Examples include:
1 - Things that are normally quite innocent, but take on a more sinister role in the novel.
2 - Things that symbolize pivotal changes in the story.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)