|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alex feel when he tries to punch the Discharge Officer?
2. Who does Alex find a picture of in the newspaper?
3. Why does Alex jump off the balcony?
4. According to Dr. Branom, what is the normal reaction to violence?
5. What does Alex say Beethoven never did?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains what life would be like if it was impossible to derive pleasure from things such as music, art, sex, and even violence.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that details any psychological disorders that Alex may have, with evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains at least two elements of symbolism in A Clockwork Orange. Examples include:
1 - Things that are normally quite innocent, but take on a more sinister role in the novel.
2 - Things that symbolize pivotal changes in the story.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)