|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Alex tell the woman who answers the door?
2. Who is the well-dressed man that Alex saw at the end of the previous chapter?
3. What is the new treatment called?
4. What does Alex see in the old woman's room that particularly attracts his attention?
5. How do the lads fool the local militia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you feel sorry for Alex when he is beaten by the old men?
2. What are the pictures that the doctors show Alex of? How does he react?
3. What does the drunk outside the Duke of New York think about the world?
4. How does Alex feel after watching the movie? What is the reaction from the doctors?
5. How does Alex react while the police beat him?
6. What kind of reception does Alex get from his parents?
7. What kind of chair is Alex strapped into?
8. What problems does Alex have in his fight with the old woman?
9. What happens in the dream Alex has? What does this foreshadow?
10. What does Dr. Brodsky say that Alex will be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explores the meaning of the title of A Clockwork Orange.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes the changes in attitude that may happen to a teen while undergoing the transition to true adulthood, using Alex as an example.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains at least two elements of symbolism in A Clockwork Orange. Examples include:
1 - Things that are normally quite innocent, but take on a more sinister role in the novel.
2 - Things that symbolize pivotal changes in the story.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)