|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that big money is available?
2. What was Alex's father's dream about?
3. What is the name of the treatment that can get Alex out of prison fast?
4. What does Alex offer to give the new prisoner?
5. What excuse does Alex give his mother for not going to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters in the novel speak? How is their language different?
2. What does Alex explain the reason for his behavior to be?
3. How is blood described by Alex in this chapter?
4. What does Alex think of F. Alexander?
5. What is the setting for the novel? How have things changed?
6. What is Alex's usual reaction to violence? What does Dr. Branom say the normal reaction to violence is?
7. Why does Alex blame F. Alexander and his friends?
8. What kind of mutually-beneficial relationship does Alex and the prison chaplain have?
9. What does Alex and his gang do to the couple who live in the cottage?
10. How does Alex feel after watching the movie? What is the reaction from the doctors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the conflict between morality and practical necessity in controlling crime, providing examples from real life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that details any psychological disorders that Alex may have, with evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains at least two elements of symbolism in A Clockwork Orange. Examples include:
1 - Things that are normally quite innocent, but take on a more sinister role in the novel.
2 - Things that symbolize pivotal changes in the story.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)