|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the prison chaplain take a liking to Alex?
2. What is the name of the house the gang is headed towards?
3. What excuse does Alex give his mother for not going to school?
4. Who betrays Alex?
5. Who calls the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the philosophical man in the Korova oblivious to what is around him? What does Alex think of him?
2. Why does Alex punch Dim in the face?
3. Why does Alex and his gang act the way they do?
4. What do Alex and his cellmates do to the new prisoner after the guards leave? What happens to the prisoner?
5. What problems does Alex have in his fight with the old woman?
6. What is the setting for the novel? How have things changed?
7. What does the man think of the Ludovico Technique?
8. How has Alex changed since being cured?
9. What are the pictures that the doctors show Alex of? How does he react?
10. What kind of chair is Alex strapped into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that evaluates whether or not Alex can be considered a tragic hero.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explores the meaning of the title of A Clockwork Orange.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay listing the crimes of Alex, and be sure to give extra attention to the crime that you feel is the most serious. In your conclusion, describe what you think is the proper punishment for Alex.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)