|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the prison guards respond to Alex's complaint of harassment?
2. What do the lads do to the slouses?
(a) Buy them food and drinks.
(b) They kill the man and rape the woman.
(c) Beat and rob them.
(d) Buy cigarettes from them.
3. What does the gang do before leaving the cottage?
(a) Smash whatever they can.
(b) Light the place on fire.
(c) Steal all the alcohol.
(d) Shoot the writer and his wife.
4. What do Alex's cell mates do to him?
(a) Stick up for him.
(b) Betray him.
(c) Take the blame.
5. What is the main character's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the record shop Alex frequents?
2. Who is the leader of the gang?
3. What is Alex's prisoner number?
4. What does Alex learn happened to the old woman?
5. Who is waiting for Alex when he leaves his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex get in the old woman's house?
2. What does Alex explain the reason for his behavior to be?
3. How does Alex explain his leadership to the others? How do you think they feel about this?
4. What were Alex's friends complaining about? What does Alex do to resolve this crisis of leadership?
5. Describe the relationship that Alex has with his other cellmates before the new prisoner arrives.
6. What does Alex think to himself when the police give him a statement to sign? Why?
7. At the end of the chapter, why is Alex leading his friends to "his doom?"
8. Do you think Alex deserves the treatment he gets from his parents? Would you let him stay if you were his father or mother?
9. Why does Alex and his gang act the way they do?
10. Why are the streets becoming quiet?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)