|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the door and wakes Alex from his dream?
(a) P. R. Deltoid.
(b) G. H. Rhomboid.
(c) A. B. Bicep.
(d) B. P. Cremaster.
2. What does the gang admire about the front of the old woman's house?
(a) The gargoyles.
(b) The stonework.
(c) The solid oak door.
(d) The wrought-iron fence.
3. Who betrays Alex?
(a) Will the English.
4. Where does Alex live?
(a) Victory Mansions.
(b) Housing Sector B.
(c) Nova Prospekt.
(d) Municipal Flatblock 18A.
5. What does Alex say about his so-called friends?
(a) That they don't exist.
(b) That they put him up to it.
(c) That they are innocent.
(d) That they will help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden in the Korova for the purpose of stopping riots?
2. What is the name of the opera that the woman in the Korova sings?
3. Who is waiting for Alex when he leaves his apartment?
4. What does the prison chaplain like to drink?
5. What is the main character's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities between the dreams that Alex and his father have?
2. Why does Alex punch Dim in the face?
3. What would you have done to restore confidence in your leadership if you were in Alex's position?
4. How does Alex get in the old woman's house?
5. Why does Alex enjoy reading the Bible? What part does he not enjoy?
6. Why is there disagreement among Alex's audience?
7. Why does Alex blame F. Alexander and his friends?
8. How does Alex intend to show the others his leadership skills?
9. What do you think the appearance of Dim and Billyboy add to the novel's theme of authority?
10. Is it fair that Alex took the blame for killing the new prisoner?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)