|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new treatment called?
(a) Desensitization Treatment.
(b) Reclamation Treatment.
(c) Non-violence Treatment.
(d) Braincleaning Treatment.
2. Why won't Alex say a word until his lawyer arrives?
(a) His mouth is swollen shut.
(b) He hates policemen.
(c) His lawyer told him not to.
(d) He knows the law.
3. How long has Alex been in prison when the chapter begins?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Four months.
(c) A couple weeks, he can't be sure.
(d) Two years.
4. How do the two girls see themselves?
(b) Too young for Alex.
5. What was Alex's father's dream about?
(a) Their house burning down.
(b) Alex being beaten by a bunch of boys.
(c) Alex being put to death for his crimes.
(d) Alex raping a girl and slitting her throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex make in the workshop?
2. How many prisoners is Alex's cell designed to hold?
3. What could the gang see the old woman doing through the window?
4. Where does Alex's mother work?
5. What is the name of the treatment that can get Alex out of prison fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex blame F. Alexander and his friends?
2. What are the similarities between the dreams that Alex and his father have?
3. What type of film is Alex shown? What is his reaction?
4. What does Alex think to himself when the police give him a statement to sign? Why?
5. What is the setting for the novel? How have things changed?
6. Why does Alex and his gang act the way they do?
7. What problems does Alex have in his fight with the old woman?
8. What kind of reception does Alex get from his parents?
9. Why can Alex's mother not stay home? What do you think is the reason for this?
10. What happens in the dream Alex has? What does this foreshadow?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)