|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to fight Alex?
(a) The old ladies.
2. What do the lads hand the militia as they are leaving?
(a) A meat pie.
(b) A bit of lip music.
(c) Some money.
(d) A stabbing.
3. What is the middle of town called?
(b) Times Square.
(c) The market.
4. What is the name of the house the gang is headed towards?
(a) The Manse.
(b) The Mansion.
(d) The Mange.
5. What type of car does the gang steal?
(a) A Beater.
(b) A Durango 95.
(c) A Volks 78.
(d) A Chevver 99.
6. What does the gang want things to be?
7. What does Alex say about his so-called friends?
(a) That they will help him.
(b) That they don't exist.
(c) That they put him up to it.
(d) That they are innocent.
8. How do the lads fool the local militia?
(a) They give them Dim and run.
(b) They get an alibi from the old ladies.
(c) They have very good masks.
(d) They slip into the sewers and hide.
9. How long is Alex's sentence?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Two years less a day.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eight weeks probation.
10. What did the fat-necked driver say Alex had become?
11. What really started Alex's escape from the state jail?
(a) His good behavior.
(b) A new cellmate.
(c) A speech he makes in the church.
(d) A prison riot.
12. What is the slang for "apologies?"
(a) Apa logies.
(b) Apper loggers.
(d) Appy polly loggies.
13. How do the officers describe Alex when he looks in the mirror?
(a) Love's young nightmare.
(b) A pathetic creature.
(c) A haunting sight.
(d) Murder incarnate.
14. What word does Alex use to refer to his friends?
15. What are the names of the girls that Alex meets in the record shop?
(a) Gilly and Henrietta.
(b) Marty and Sonietta.
(c) Mary and Gabriella.
(d) Jenny and Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the prison guards respond to Alex's complaint of harassment?
2. How many seconds does Alex have to wipe the grin off his face?
3. Who is Alex worried will come up with a better plan to get in the house?
4. Who betrays Alex?
5. What does Alex learn happened to the old woman?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)