|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poetry is Will reading to Henry when Charlotte enters the study in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet”?
2. As Cicely sits in the training room after being told that Charlotte has sent for the Silent Brothers in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains,” the narrator says “Part of her mind was there in the Institute, but the rest was with Will: on the back of a horse, leaning into the wind, riding hell-for-leather over the roads that separated London from” where?
3. The Silent Brothers are said to be both the doctors and what of the Shadowhunter world in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains”?
4. Which of William Shakespeare’s plays does Will quote and then say is “Not one of the better plays,” in Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love”?
5. Mortmain tells Tessa in Chapter 18: “For This Alone” that there is an old saying in China that states “A man may not live under the same Heaven with” whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Shadowhunters admiring in the opening of Chapter 20: "The Infernal Devices"?
2. What confession does Gabriel Lightwood make in Chapter 17: "Only Noble To Be Good"?
3. How is Henry Branwell injured in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
4. With whom does Cecily Herondale become romantically involved with in the novel?
5. Where do Tessa, Will, and Magnus encounter the battle in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
6. What event changes the course of the battle between the automatons and the Shadowhunters in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
7. How does Gabriel’s confession in Chapter 17: "Only Noble To Be Good" change the plan of action for the Shadowhunters?
8. How is Tessa’s clockwork angel described? What are the pendant’s origins?
9. What takes place during the Council Meeting in Chapter 20: "The Infernal Devices"?
10. What discovery is made regarding Brother Zachariah in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Tatiana Blackthorn in the novel. What is Tatiana’s history in The Infernal Devices series? What is her relationship like to her two brothers? How do Tatiana's actions in Clockwork Princess influence the plot of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of Tessa Gray in The Infernal Devices series. How old was Tessa when she was introduced in Clockwork Angel? How old is she in the beginning of this novel? When did Tessa become engaged to Jem Carstairs and what is her history like with Will Herondale?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss back-story of Charlotte Fairchild/Branwell. When was Charlotte appointed to her position as head of the London Institute? How long had she had this position in 1873? How does Charlotte's history play into the events in Clockwork Princess?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)