|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will awakens after having fled the inn following his battle and the discovery of Jem’s death in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires,” he is “on the rise of a green hill, just out of sight of” what road?
(a) “The Whitecliff-Jansonville road.”
(b) “The Shrewsbury-Welshpool road.”
(c) “The Buckingham-Swinburne road.”
(d) “The London-Cheswick road.”
2. When Charlotte comes into Jem’s room while Sophie sits by his bed in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains,” she tells Sophie that “Bridget’s in one of her moods; she says she can’t find” what?
(a) “The Royal Tea.”
(b) “The wizard’s hat.”
(c) “The Pennyroyal.”
(d) “The Bang Mary.”
3. Tessa recalls in Chapter 19: “To Lie and Burn” that when she first met Will, he claimed to be what hero from a storybook?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) Sir Arthur.
(c) Sir Willem.
(d) Sir Galahad.
4. When is Charlotte’s baby said to be due in Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love”?
5. The automaton that accompanies Mortmain in Chapter 18: “For This Alone” says to Tessa, “I fought Johnathan Shadowhunter on the plains of” what location?
(b) “Cair Paravel.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson which opens Chapter 23: “Than Any Evil” is titled what?
2. Who is the author of “The Harlot’s House,” which is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 20: “The Infernal Devices”?
3. Jem’s bridal gift to Tessa is discovered by Will on his journey in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains.” What kind of pendant is on the necklace?
4. What is the material called that is used to make steles and Seraph blades?
5. The sword that is offered to Will by Jem’s uncle in Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love” is inscribed with a name. What is the name on the sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tessa learns from Mortmain in his chambers his reasons for kidnapping her in Chapter 14: “Parabatai.” What are the reasons?
2. What confession does Gabriel Lightwood make in Chapter 17: "Only Noble To Be Good"?
3. How is Tessa’s clockwork angel described? What are the pendant’s origins?
4. How does Mortmain explain Tessa’s birth, despite the fact that half-demon, half-Shadowhunters are supposedly stillborn?
5. What are the Shadowhunters admiring in the opening of Chapter 20: "The Infernal Devices"?
6. What is Magnus Bane’s lineage? How old is Magnus Bane?
7. What takes place during the Council Meeting in Chapter 20: "The Infernal Devices"?
8. When and where is the Epilogue set? What does Tessa learn in this chapter?
9. Describe the character of Woolsey Scott. What is Woolsey’s history in The Infernal Devices series?
10. What discovery is made regarding Brother Zachariah in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)