|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem “Jerusalem,” which opens Chapter 21: “Burning Gold”?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) William Blake.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Sarah Williams.
2. The quote that opens Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love” is attributed to whom?
(a) Sarah Williams.
(b) Alexander Pope.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Saint Augustine.
3. Who is the author of the poem “Lady Clara Vere de Vere,” which is cited in the opening of Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good”?
(a) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
4. The automaton that accompanies Mortmain in Chapter 18: “For This Alone” says to Tessa, “I fought Johnathan Shadowhunter on the plains of” what location?
(a) “Cair Paravel.”
5. While Will reads poetry to Henry in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet,” Henry spends his time scribbling down designs for what?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A fearlessness rune.
(c) A strength rune.
(d) A clockwork princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jem’s bridal gift to Tessa is discovered by Will on his journey in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains.” What kind of pendant is on the necklace?
2. Who is in the process of developing a transportation device in Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good”?
3. When is Charlotte’s baby said to be due in Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love”?
4. What novel does Tessa think of while speaking with Mortmain in Chapter 18: “For This Alone,” in which she imagines the characters of Lucie Manette and Sydney Carton?
5. When Will awakens after having fled the inn following his battle and the discovery of Jem’s death in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires,” he is “on the rise of a green hill, just out of sight of” what road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical conflict takes place in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
2. Who is John Shade and what is revealed of his past in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
3. What is Magnus Bane’s lineage? How old is Magnus Bane?
4. How is Henry Branwell injured in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
5. When and where is the Epilogue set? What does Tessa learn in this chapter?
6. How does Will find Tessa in Chapter 19: "To Lie and Burn"? What happens between them in this chapter?
7. What is the outcome for Will and Tessa in Chapter 24: "The Measure of Love"?
8. What does Mortmain tell Tessa he plans to do with her in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
9. How is Tessa’s clockwork angel described? What are the pendant’s origins?
10. What discovery is made regarding Brother Zachariah in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)