|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom has Charlotte received a letter from just before Aloysius Starkweather arrives in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires”?
(a) Josiah Wayland.
(b) Victor Whitelaw.
(c) Cecily Herondale.
(d) Woosley Scott.
2. Jem tells Will in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet” that his name is no longer James Carstairs but what now?
3. The angel that appears when Tessa throws down her clockwork angel tells her that his name was what before he was imprisoned in the object, in Chapter 18: “For This Alone”?
4. Of Gabriel Lightwood, the narrator says in Chapter 20: “The Infernal Devices,” that “he had been trained in the longsword by a master who could trace his own masters back to” whom?
(a) Aloysius Starkweather.
5. Cecily states in her letter to her parents in Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good,” “Glory. Such an odd word, something women are not supposed to want, but is not our queen triumphant? Was not Queen Bess called” what?
(c) “The Virgin Queen.”
(d) “The White Queen.”
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tessa transforms into the angel in Chapter 21: “Burning Gold,” she grows until she towers over Mortmain at how many feet tall?
2. Charlotte tells Jem in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains” that Henry is still insisting on naming their unborn child what?
3. The automaton that accompanies Mortmain in Chapter 18: “For This Alone” says to Tessa, “I fought Johnathan Shadowhunter on the plains of” what location?
4. What is the herbal concoction that Jem gives to Tessa in Chapter 23: “Than Any Evil”?
5. As Cicely sits in the training room after being told that Charlotte has sent for the Silent Brothers in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains,” the narrator says “Part of her mind was there in the Institute, but the rest was with Will: on the back of a horse, leaning into the wind, riding hell-for-leather over the roads that separated London from” where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gideon Lightwood suggest that Sophie Collins undergo Ascension in the narrative?
2. How is Henry Branwell injured in Chapter 21: "Burning Gold"?
3. Tessa learns from Mortmain in his chambers his reasons for kidnapping her in Chapter 14: “Parabatai.” What are the reasons?
4. What does Mortmain tell Tessa he plans to do with her in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
5. How does Will find Tessa in Chapter 19: "To Lie and Burn"? What happens between them in this chapter?
6. What does Charlotte say in her letter after Gabriel’s confession in Chapter 17: "Only Noble To Be Good"?
7. What is Magnus Bane’s lineage? How old is Magnus Bane?
8. What takes place during the Council Meeting in Chapter 20: "The Infernal Devices"?
9. How does Will Herondale come to the realization of Jem’s “death” in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
10. Describe the character of Woolsey Scott. What is Woolsey’s history in The Infernal Devices series?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)