|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the three Silent Brothers who have come to fight alongside the Shadowhunters in Chapter 20: “The Infernal Devices”?
(a) Enoch, Micah, and Zachariah.
(b) Nathaniel, Josiah, and Gabriel.
(c) Iratze, Josiah, and Geoffrey.
(d) Michale, Peter, and Judas.
2. When Tessa transforms into the angel in Chapter 21: “Burning Gold,” her skin is said to turn gold and tear apart. From where Tessa’s skin tears, what is said to leak from the wounds?
(a) Blue blood.
(b) Silver streams of liquid.
(c) Golden ichor.
(d) Black oil.
3. To whom does Will write a letter to after he finishes dinner at the inn in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
(a) Jem Carstairs.
(b) Victor Whitelaw.
(c) Aloysius Starkweather.
(d) Charlotte Branwell.
4. What is the name of the medicine that Jem is in need of in Chapter 3: “To the Last Hour”?
(b) Yin fen.
5. What gemstone is described in the necklace that Will has given Cecily before departing the London Institute in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem “Lady Clara Vere de Vere,” which is cited in the opening of Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good”?
2. Charlotte tells Will and Jem in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” that Jessamine is returning “and if none of you can bear to have her here, I will arrange for her transport to” where?
3. What is the title of the poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, which is cited in the opening of Chapter 18: “For This Alone”?
4. What is the material called that is used to make steles and Seraph blades?
5. What word used in the novel refers to a pair of Nephilim warriors who fight together and are closer than siblings, regardless of their gender?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)