|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gabriel joins Cecily in the training room after the arrival of the Silent Brothers in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains,” he suggests they play what card game?
(a) Texas Hold’em Poker.
(c) Beggar My Neighbor.
2. The letter that Charlotte has sitting on her desk from the Council reveals what information in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet”?
(a) A demand that Charlotte depart her position as head of the London Institute.
(b) An offer for Charlotte to become Consul.
(c) A demand that Charlotte divorce her husband.
(d) An offer for Charlotte to become head of the New York Institute.
3. Will says to Cecily in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand” that he came to the London Institute on what day when he was twelve?
(a) December 8.
(b) November 21.
(c) November 10.
(d) September 14.
4. Where at the London Institute does Gabriel find Cecily and kiss her in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet”?
(a) The training room.
(b) The stables.
(c) The underground lab.
(d) The kitchen.
5. The seamstress says in the beginning of Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” that what month is “a fortuitous time for a marriage”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte responds to Aloysius Starkweather’s story in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires” by saying that “the offspring of demons and Shadowhunters are” what?
2. The letter to the Consul at the end of Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided” is from what Inquisitor?
3. What room at the London Institute is said to be the one that most reminds Will of Jem in Chapter 23: “Than Any Evil”?
4. What is the setting that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
5. In the opening of Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm,” the Institute’s carriage rolls through the gates of Lightwood House in what setting?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)