|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Tessa Gray’s wedding dress said to be in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
2. Who is described as Mortmain’s father, or the “boy they found and trained up” to act as Mortmain’s father, in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires”?
(a) Henry Branwell.
(b) Benedict Lightwood.
(c) Cyril Tanner.
(d) John Shade.
3. What is the name of the seamstress working on Tessa’s wedding dress in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
(a) Adele Starkweather.
(c) Tatiana Blackthorn.
(d) Charlotte Branwell.
4. What color hair are Will and his sister said to have in the novel?
5. What color dress is Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter wearing in the novel’s Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cook at the London Institute that sings Irish folk ballads as she works?
2. How old is Will Herondale in 1873 in the novel’s Prologue?
3. What word does Cecily say means “lake” in Welsh in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”?
4. Where does Cecily spend the bulk of her time at the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
5. Who is believed to be buying up all of the demon drug that Jem needs to survive in Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided”?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)