|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Tessa call the black-cloaked automaton that corners her during the battle in the beginning of Chapter 9: “Graven in Metal”?
(b) Woolsey Scott.
(c) Mrs. Black.
2. What village does Will hope to reach by nightfall in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
(b) Cwn Annwn.
3. Jem is said to be a few weeks short of his birthday turning what age in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains”?
4. Will stands overlooking the placid countryside of what location in the opening of Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
(c) Cair Paravel.
5. What does Sophie give Gideon to drink while he recovers in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”?
(c) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecily spend the bulk of her time at the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
2. The poem “In Memoriam A.H.H.” which is cited in the opening of Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” was written by whom?
3. Aloysius Starkweather tells Charlotte in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires,” “In her infancy my granddaughter was replaced with a kidnapped human child, a sickly creature who died when the Marks were applied, because she was not” what?
4. Of the horses driving the second carriage that arrives behind Jessamine’s, Tessa notes in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire,” “their bodies gleamed not like the pelts of animals but like” what?
5. Gabriel tells Cecily that Will once injured him how, in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)