|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabriel tells his brother Gideon in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” that their father has contracted what illness?
(a) Mundane epilepsy.
(b) Mundane influenza.
(c) Vampiric cancer.
(d) Demon pox.
2. What day is described as “no luck at all” for marrying in the folk rhyme that opens Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
3. The letter to the Consul from Gabriel and Gideon which opens Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish” relates that the amount of money Charlotte Branwell spends on what items “rivals the annual income of a large estate or small country”?
4. What is the name of the demon that murdered Jem’s parents?
5. The letter to the Consul at the end of Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided” is from what Inquisitor?
(a) Aloysius Starkweather.
(b) Gideon Lightwood.
(c) Woosley Scott.
(d) Victor Whitelaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire” opens with an excerpt from the epic poem “Tamerlane.” Who is the author of this poem?
2. What is the name of Gabriel and Gideon Lightwood’s father in the novel?
3. The seamstress says in the beginning of Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” that what month is “a fortuitous time for a marriage”?
4. In the letter that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided,” it is said that Charlotte Branwell has given orders to have what spy recalled to the Institute upon her release from the Silent City?
5. What was the name of Gideon and Gabriel’s mother in the novel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)