|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is described as “no luck at all” for marrying in the folk rhyme that opens Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
2. What color hair are Will and his sister said to have in the novel?
3. Gabriel tells his brother Gideon in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” that their father has contracted what illness?
(a) Vampiric cancer.
(b) Demon pox.
(c) Mundane influenza.
(d) Mundane epilepsy.
4. What is the name of Gabriel and Gideon Lightwood’s father in the novel?
(a) Abel Lightwood.
(b) James Lightwood.
(c) Abraham Lightwood.
(d) Benedict Lightwood.
5. The letter from the Consul that opens Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” says that the writer feels like what mythological prophetess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when the Institute’s carriage rolls into the gates of Lightwood House in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
2. What is the setting that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
3. What is the name of the seamstress working on Tessa’s wedding dress in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
4. Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire” opens with an excerpt from the epic poem “Tamerlane.” Who is the author of this poem?
5. What is the name of the cat that lives at the London Institute and that surprises Jem and Tessa as they embrace in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)