|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the demon that murdered Jem’s parents?
2. To what “notorious music hall and gentlemen’s club in Piccadilly Circus” does the Consul take Gabriel and Gideon in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness”?
(a) The Argent Rooms.
(b) Studio 54.
(c) The Club Eremiel.
(d) The Yin Fen Room.
3. The title of Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm” is a literary allusion to a poem by what author?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Lord Byron.
4. What is the name of the seamstress working on Tessa’s wedding dress in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
(a) Adele Starkweather.
(b) Charlotte Branwell.
(c) Tatiana Blackthorn.
5. The letter to the Consul from Gabriel and Gideon which opens Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish” relates that the amount of money Charlotte Branwell spends on what items “rivals the annual income of a large estate or small country”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The note that is sent to Tessa’s room says for Tessa to meet the author in what room of the Institute in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”?
2. In the opening of Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm,” the Institute’s carriage rolls through the gates of Lightwood House in what setting?
3. What was the name of Gideon and Gabriel’s mother in the novel?
4. What color dress is Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter wearing in the novel’s Prologue?
5. Where is the location of Cecily and Will Herondale’s parents’ home?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)