|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Tessa call the black-cloaked automaton that corners her during the battle in the beginning of Chapter 9: “Graven in Metal”?
(b) Woolsey Scott.
(d) Mrs. Black.
2. The poem “Laus Veneris” that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided” was written by whom?
(a) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Algernon Charles Swinburne.
(d) Algernon Charles Swinburne.
3. How long ago did Cecily come to the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 7 months ago.
(c) 8 weeks ago.
(d) 3 weeks ago.
4. Charlotte responds to Aloysius Starkweather’s story in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires” by saying that “the offspring of demons and Shadowhunters are” what?
5. Who does the Consul say in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” “was one of the strictest men I’ve known, and though he ran the Institute according to the Law, it was a cold, unwelcoming place”?
(a) Benedict Lightwood.
(b) Woosley Scott.
(c) Victor Whitelaw.
(d) Granville Fairchild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Will confess to Jem in Chapter 11: “Fearful of the Night”?
2. The poem “Adonais: An Elegy on the Death of John Keats” which opens Chapter 14: “Parabatai” was written by whom?
3. What color is Tessa Gray’s wedding dress said to be in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
4. To what “notorious music hall and gentlemen’s club in Piccadilly Circus” does the Consul take Gabriel and Gideon in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness”?
5. Where does Cecily spend the bulk of her time at the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)