|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aloysius Starkweather tells his granddaughter before the ceremony in the Prologue, “Your first Marks mean you are Nephilim, like me, like your mother and father. They mean you are part of” what?
(a) “The Automatons.”
(b) “The Downworlders.”
(c) “The New World Order.”
(d) “The Clave.”
2. Where does Cecily spend the bulk of her time at the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The estate gardens.
(c) The training room.
(d) Her bedroom.
3. What is the name of the demon that murdered Jem’s parents?
4. Of the horses driving the second carriage that arrives behind Jessamine’s, Tessa notes in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire,” “their bodies gleamed not like the pelts of animals but like” what?
5. Who is believed to be buying up all of the demon drug that Jem needs to survive in Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided”?
(c) Josiah Wayland.
(d) Tatiana Blackthorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of “The Old Astronomer,” which is cited in the opening of Chapter 11: “Fearful of the Night”?
2. In the letter that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided,” it is said that Charlotte Branwell has given orders to have what spy recalled to the Institute upon her release from the Silent City?
3. Gabriel tells Cecily that Will once injured him how, in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”?
4. What horse has Will taken with him from the London Institute in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
5. What is the term used in the novel to refer to beings that are said to be part human and part demon, or the demonic counterpart of Shadowhunters, who are part human and part Angel?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)