Prologue and Chapters 1-4
1. What year is described in the opening of the Prologue?
2. What is the setting that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
3. What is the name of Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter whom he is comforting in the novel’s Prologue?
(a) Tessa Starkweather.
(b) Adele Starkweather.
(c) Tatiana Starkweather.
(d) Adriana Starkweather.
4. What color dress is Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter wearing in the novel’s Prologue?
5. What word in the novel is used to describe a secretive demon-hunting race of humans born with angelic blood that has survived for over a thousand years?
6. Aloysius Starkweather tells his granddaughter before the ceremony in the Prologue, “Your first Marks mean you are Nephilim, like me, like your mother and father. They mean you are part of” what?
(a) “The Clave.”
(b) “The Automatons.”
(c) “The Downworlders.”
(d) “The New World Order.”
This section contains 5,312 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)