|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the grand jury subpoenas to the U.S. Marshal in Memphis?
2. What does Trumann do upon hearing Reggie's information?
3. What is the Sulari family business?
4. What is Judge Harry's charge against Slick?
5. What upsets Judge Harry in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
2. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
3. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
4. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
5. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
6. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
7. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
8. Why does Reggie try to talk Mark out of foiling the mafia men's attempts to move the dead body?
9. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
10. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of The Client and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)