|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition does Mrs. Sway say she will accept the witness protection plan?
2. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
3. What does Trumann do upon hearing Reggie's information?
4. Who is sent to retrieve the body?
5. How do the body retrievers enter Romey's house?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Freytag's Pyramid and the Inverted Pyramid writing styles. When is each style used? Discuss the purpose of each style.
Essay Topic 2
While Foltrigg attempts to manipulate Mark into talking, the mafia attempts to keep him from it. Select a character -- either Mark or Reggie -- and discuss how that character's own manipulation is important to the novel. How does the character manipulate people or circumstances? What are the results of their manipulation? Is there anyone on which the character's manipulation does not work?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of The Client and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)