|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition does Mrs. Sway say she will accept the witness protection plan?
2. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
3. What does Trumann do upon hearing Reggie's information?
4. Who is sent to retrieve the body?
5. How do the body retrievers enter Romey's house?
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also, relate the differences and similarities specifically to The Client.
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)