|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
2. What does Reggie tell the FBI that really gets their attention?
3. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
4. What makes the body retrievers leave the scene?
5. Who takes a flight from Memphis back to New Orleans in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
2. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
3. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
4. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
5. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
6. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
7. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
8. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
9. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
10. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in The Client? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)