|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the FBI agents to give Mark anything he wants to make him talk?
2. Who sees the body of Senator Boyette in Chapter 38?
3. What does Reggie tell the FBI that really gets their attention?
4. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
5. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
2. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
3. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
4. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
5. Explain why Mark wants a will.
6. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
7. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
8. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
9. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
10. Explain how Mark foils the three mafia men's attempt to dig up Senator Boyette's body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in The Client? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)