|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the FBI decide to watch, hoping to get a clue as to where Mark is?
2. What is the allowance Mrs. Sway is to receive under Reggie's agreement?
3. What happens to Slick when he doesn't answer the judge's questions?
4. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
5. Why does Reggie pass on the witness protection program for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
2. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
3. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
4. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
5. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
6. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
7. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
8. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
9. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in The Client. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)