|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hospital agree to with the FBI?
2. If he accepted the witness protection program, where does Mark tell Reggie he would want to live?
3. Who calls Ricky's room to let Mrs. Sway know that her son is safe?
4. How long must Mark wait after getting his grand jury subpoena before being given a chance to call his lawyer?
5. Who witnesses the body retrievers digging at Romey's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
2. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
3. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
4. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
5. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
6. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
7. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
8. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
9. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
10. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
Essay Topic 3
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)