|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Romey's house look like?
2. What warning does Reggie give the FBI?
3. What is Judge Harry's charge against Slick?
4. Who is transported to the New Orleans airport by FBI motorcade?
5. Who is sent to retrieve the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
2. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
3. Explain why Mark wants a will.
4. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
5. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
6. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
7. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
8. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
9. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
10. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in The Client. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of The Client and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)