|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Sway relieved when McThune asks her where Reggie is?
2. What does Trumann do upon hearing Reggie's information?
3. What does Reggie tell Clint as the Sways fly away?
4. Why does Mark feel important on his way to the airport?
5. Which hospital is Mark sent to from the detention center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie try to talk Mark out of foiling the mafia men's attempts to move the dead body?
2. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
3. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
4. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
5. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
6. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
7. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
8. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
9. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
10. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)