|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be in Judge Harry's court ASAP as part of Reggie's agreement?
2. What is the Sulari family business?
3. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
4. What do Reggie and Mrs. Sway hear in Chapter 29 that makes the reality of the mob danger hit home?
5. Which guard finds Mark in his cell sweating, curled up by the toilet and sucking his thumb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
2. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
3. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
4. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
5. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
6. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
7. Explain why Mark wants a will.
8. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
9. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
10. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)