|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sway ban Mark from when they meet at the airport?
2. What help does The Blade ask for from his uncle?
3. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
4. Why is Mark still against the witness protection program offer?
5. What kind of job does Reggie secure for Mark's mom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
2. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
3. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
4. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
5. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
6. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
7. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
8. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
9. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
10. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Freytag's Pyramid and the Inverted Pyramid writing styles. When is each style used? Discuss the purpose of each style.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)