|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the failed body retrievers doing until they go back to get the body?
2. Who tells Reggie there is an emergency at her office in Chapter 28?
3. Where does Reggie meet the FBI director and agent?
4. What does Judge Harry ask Reggie to do in Chapter 30?
5. Who is the guard at the detention center that finds Mark in a zombie-like state in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Mark foils the three mafia men's attempt to dig up Senator Boyette's body.
2. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
3. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
4. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
5. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
6. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
7. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
8. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
9. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
10. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also, relate the differences and similarities specifically to The Client.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view from which The Client is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how The Client would have changed if written from it.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)