|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
2. From what business is Senator Boyette abducted?
3. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
4. Why is Mark still against the witness protection program offer?
5. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
2. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
3. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
4. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
5. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
6. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
7. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
8. Explain why Mark wants a will.
9. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
10. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)