|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Reggie's thoughts as Mark gets into her car in Chapter 33?
2. Where do Foltrigg's men go, hoping to get some answers about Mark and Reggie's disappearance?
3. What does Mrs. Sway ban Mark from when they meet at the airport?
4. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
5. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
2. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
3. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
4. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
5. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
6. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
7. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
8. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
9. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
10. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the point of view from which The Client is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how The Client would have changed if written from it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
Essay Topic 3
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in The Client? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)