|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mark back to the detention center after Judge Harry's court?
2. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
3. Who is The Blade?
4. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
5. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
2. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
3. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
4. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
5. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
6. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
7. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
8. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
9. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
10. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the point of view from which The Client is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how The Client would have changed if written from it.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)