|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
2. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
3. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
4. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
5. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
2. Why does Reggie try to talk Mark out of foiling the mafia men's attempts to move the dead body?
3. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
4. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
5. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
6. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
7. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
8. Explain why Mark wants a will.
9. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
10. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)