Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
2. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
3. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
4. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
5. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
6. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
7. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
8. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
9. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
10. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)