|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
2. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
3. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
4. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
5. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
2. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
3. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
4. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
5. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
6. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
7. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
8. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
9. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
10. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)