|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
2. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
3. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
4. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
5. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
2. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
3. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
4. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
5. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
6. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
7. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
8. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
9. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
10. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
While Foltrigg attempts to manipulate Mark into talking, the mafia attempts to keep him from it. Select a character -- either Mark or Reggie -- and discuss how that character's own manipulation is important to the novel. How does the character manipulate people or circumstances? What are the results of their manipulation? Is there anyone on which the character's manipulation does not work?
Essay Topic 3
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)