|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
2. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
3. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
4. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
5. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
2. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
3. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
4. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
5. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
6. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
7. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
8. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
9. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
10. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the central theme of The Client? How does the theme relate to Mark, Reggie, Muldanno, and Foltrigg?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view from which The Client is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how The Client would have changed if written from it.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)