|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
2. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
3. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
4. How does Romey die?
5. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
2. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
3. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
4. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
5. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
6. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
7. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
8. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
9. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
10. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)