|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
2. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
3. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
4. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
5. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
2. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
3. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
4. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
5. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
6. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
7. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
8. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
9. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
10. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
Essay Topic 3
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in The Client? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)