|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
2. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
3. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
4. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
5. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
2. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
3. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
4. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
5. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
6. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
7. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
8. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
9. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
10. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)