|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
2. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
3. What is Mark's father like?
4. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
5. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
2. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
3. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
4. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
5. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
6. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
7. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
8. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
9. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
10. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the point of view from which The Client is written. Does this point of view make the story more or less believable? Select a different point of view and explain how The Client would have changed if written from it.
Essay Topic 2
A main character has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. Discuss Mark's bad qualities. Who is to blame for those qualities? Are the "bad" qualities really bad? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in The Client. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)