|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
2. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
3. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
4. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
2. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
3. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
4. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
5. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
6. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
7. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
8. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
9. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
10. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of The Client and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)