|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
2. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
3. Who is The Blade?
4. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
5. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
2. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
3. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
4. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
5. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
6. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
7. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
8. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
9. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
10. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the main character, Mark, and his growth throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the central theme of The Client? How does the theme relate to Mark, Reggie, Muldanno, and Foltrigg?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)