|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
2. How does Romey die?
3. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
4. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
5. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
2. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
3. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
4. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
5. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
6. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
7. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
8. Explain how Mark foils the three mafia men's attempt to dig up Senator Boyette's body.
9. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
10. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of The Client and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss justice as a motif in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is the central theme of The Client? How does the theme relate to Mark, Reggie, Muldanno, and Foltrigg?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)