|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
2. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
4. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
5. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
2. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
3. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
4. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
5. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
6. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
7. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
8. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
9. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
10. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mark's influences and role models throughout The Client. Who or what influences him the most?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)