|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
2. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
3. Who does Judge Harry order out of the courtroom?
4. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
5. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
2. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
3. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
4. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
5. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
6. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
7. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
8. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
9. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
10. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in The Client. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)