|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
2. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
3. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
4. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
5. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
2. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
3. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
4. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
5. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
6. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
7. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
8. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
9. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
10. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is dialog important in The Client? How would the story have differed if the author had chosen to omit it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss justice as a motif in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)