|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
2. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
3. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
4. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
5. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
2. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
3. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
4. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
5. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
6. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
7. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
8. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
9. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
10. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
Essay Topic 1
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevails in The Client? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)