|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
2. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
3. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
4. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
5. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
2. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
3. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
4. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
5. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
6. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
7. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
8. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
9. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
10. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also, relate the differences and similarities specifically to The Client.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Freytag's Pyramid and the Inverted Pyramid writing styles. When is each style used? Discuss the purpose of each style.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)