|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
2. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
4. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
5. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
2. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
3. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
4. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
5. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
6. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
7. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
8. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
9. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
10. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevails in The Client? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
A protagonist has heroic qualities and an antagonist has villainous qualities. Discuss the protagonist in The Client. Discuss the antagonist. What is ironic about the story's antagonist?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)