|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is The Blade?
2. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
3. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
4. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
5. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
2. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
3. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
4. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
5. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
6. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
7. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
8. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
9. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
10. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Ricky to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
While Foltrigg attempts to manipulate Mark into talking, the mafia attempts to keep him from it. Select a character -- either Mark or Reggie -- and discuss how that character's own manipulation is important to the novel. How does the character manipulate people or circumstances? What are the results of their manipulation? Is there anyone on which the character's manipulation does not work?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)