|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
2. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
3. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
4. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
5. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
6. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
7. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
8. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
9. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
10. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss stereotypes present in The Client. How does Mark relate to or deal with the stereotypes?
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character is the inciting force in this story? How does the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
While Foltrigg attempts to manipulate Mark into talking, the mafia attempts to keep him from it. Select a character -- either Mark or Reggie -- and discuss how that character's own manipulation is important to the novel. How does the character manipulate people or circumstances? What are the results of their manipulation? Is there anyone on which the character's manipulation does not work?
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)