|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
2. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
3. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
4. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
5. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
2. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
3. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
4. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
5. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
6. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
7. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
8. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
9. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
10. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Reggie's desire to help less fortunate clients an act of charity or co-dependency? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the central theme of The Client? How does the theme relate to Mark, Reggie, Muldanno, and Foltrigg?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in The Client. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)