|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mark excited about getting on the plane?
(a) He loves to travel.
(b) He has never flown before.
(c) He is ready to start an amazing new life.
(d) He wants to see his father again.
2. What does Reggie hand to Trumann at the end of the story?
(a) The directions to Romey's house.
(b) The demands for Mark's family.
(c) The tape Mark recorded of his first interview.
(d) Her grocery list.
3. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) Going to Wal-Mart.
(b) Careers in acting.
(c) The witness protection program.
(d) Running away.
4. Who does the FBI decide to watch, hoping to get a clue as to where Mark is?
(a) Momma Love.
(c) Judge Harry.
5. Under what condition does Mrs. Sway say she will accept the witness protection plan?
(a) When they agree to give her $1 million for Mark's testimony.
(b) When she can get plastic surgery.
(c) When they can guarantee her family's safety.
(d) When they promise to buy her a new trailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judge Harry ask Reggie to do in Chapter 30?
2. What is the allowance Mrs. Sway is to receive under Reggie's agreement?
3. What rumors surface when Senator Boyette disappears?
4. Who sees the body of Senator Boyette in Chapter 38?
5. What does Judge Harry want to know from Slick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
2. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
3. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
4. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
5. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
6. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
7. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
8. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
9. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)