|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark expect to see at the house that is missing?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) Yellow police tape.
(d) A boat.
2. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
(a) He is cold and clammy.
(b) He is burning up.
(c) He is able to lie down.
(d) He is sucking his thumb.
3. Why does Reggie want a change?
(a) She wants a lucrative career with no stress.
(b) She can't handle the stress anymore.
(c) She likes the swamps.
(d) She is tired of being broke.
4. Who is tired of doing Muldanno's dirty work?
5. What do Mark and Reggie discuss as they near Romey's house?
(a) Life in the witness protection program.
(b) What they will have for lunch.
(c) Whether they will seriously dig up the body.
(d) The movie that they'll make after this experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reggie tell Trumann at the end of the story?
2. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
3. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
4. Who calls Ricky's room to let Mrs. Sway know that her son is safe?
5. Who is the guard at the detention center that finds Mark in a zombie-like state in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
2. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
3. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
4. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
5. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
6. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
7. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
8. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
9. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)