|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(b) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(c) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(d) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
2. What does Reggie tell the FBI that really gets their attention?
(a) That she has an idea of where the body is.
(b) That she has personally seen the body.
(c) That Mark is crazy and she needs to get away from him.
(d) That Mark just likes the media attention.
3. What does Mark say he wants to leave to his mother and brother in his will?
(a) His watch.
(b) $10 he has saved.
(c) His comic book collection.
(d) Movie rights to his life story.
4. Why does Mrs. Sway finally give in to the witness protection plan?
(a) For the great benefits.
(b) She needs a vacation.
(c) It is her only option.
(d) For the trip to Portland.
5. Why does Mark feel important on his way to the airport?
(a) He got new clothes and gets to see his mom again.
(b) He has finally seen a decomposing body and can tell Ricky all about it.
(c) He has decided to join the mafia when he grows up.
(d) He is being rushed to a private jet and protected by the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Reggie secure for Mark's mom?
2. What does Judge Harry ask Reggie to do in Chapter 30?
3. What is the Sulari family business?
4. What happens to Slick when he doesn't answer the judge's questions?
5. Who takes a flight from Memphis back to New Orleans in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
2. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
3. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
4. How does Reggie get back at Foltrigg?
5. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
6. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
7. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
8. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
9. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)