|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reggie meet the FBI director and agent?
(a) In her hotel room.
(b) At the airport.
(c) By Romey's house.
(d) In a restaurant.
2. How long must Mark wait after getting his grand jury subpoena before being given a chance to call his lawyer?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) He is allowed to call immediately.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. What do Mark and Reggie discuss as they near Romey's house?
(a) The movie that they'll make after this experience.
(b) Life in the witness protection program.
(c) Whether they will seriously dig up the body.
(d) What they will have for lunch.
4. Why does Mark want to go to New Orleans?
(a) To visit the French Quarter.
(b) To get some good gumbo before the mafia kills him.
(c) To see the Astrodome.
(d) To see if the body is really where Romey said it was.
5. Where does Mark make a phone call from while in the hospital?
(a) A restroom.
(b) The morgue.
(c) The ICU.
(d) A private room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the guard at the detention center that finds Mark in a zombie-like state in Chapter 31?
2. Who serves Mark a subpoena to appear at the New Orleans grand jury?
3. In which hospital will Ricky complete his treatment?
4. Where do Mark and his mom consider moving to as part of the witness protection program?
5. Why does Mark feel important on his way to the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
2. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
3. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
4. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
5. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
6. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
7. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
8. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
9. Explain why Mark wants a will.
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)