|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes The Blade's request very difficult?
(a) The Blade knows too many secrets.
(b) No one will hire a mobster.
(c) The body is hidden in a residential neighborhood.
(d) His bank account is low.
2. Why is Mark excited about getting on the plane?
(a) He wants to see his father again.
(b) He has never flown before.
(c) He is ready to start an amazing new life.
(d) He loves to travel.
3. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
(a) He is able to lie down.
(b) He is burning up.
(c) He is sucking his thumb.
(d) He is cold and clammy.
4. What do Reggie and Mark discuss on their way back to their hotel in Chapter 38?
(a) Running away.
(b) Going to Wal-Mart.
(c) The witness protection program.
(d) Careers in acting.
5. Who does Mark call from the hospital?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) Momma Love.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judge Harry plan to subpoena to court?
2. Who does Foltrigg admit to harassing in Chapter 31?
3. What kind of job does Reggie secure for Mark's mom?
4. What does the witness do to interrupt the body retrievers?
5. What does Reggie call to get from Clint after returning to the hotel in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
2. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
3. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
4. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
5. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
6. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
7. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
8. Having failed to retrieve the senator's body, what does the mafia plan to do now?
9. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
10. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)