|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reggie agree to take Mark to New Orleans?
(a) It's close and she knows people there to hide them.
(b) It's the last place they'd be expected to go.
(c) She has family there.
(d) She has always wanted to see the Astrodome, too.
2. Who tells Reggie there is an emergency at her office in Chapter 28?
(c) The cops.
3. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(b) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
(c) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
(d) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
4. What does Upchurch ask for at the beginning of Muldanno's trial?
(a) A 6-month continuance.
(b) A change of venue.
(c) To have the charges dismissed.
(d) A mistrial due to media coverage.
5. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
(b) The Bull.
(c) The Blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sulari family business?
2. Who convinces Mrs. Sway to take the witness protection plan?
3. What does Reggie tell Trumann at the end of the story?
4. What does Reggie try to convince Mark of when they learn of the body retrievers?
5. Who does Mark call from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
2. Why does Reggie try to talk Mark out of foiling the mafia men's attempts to move the dead body?
3. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
4. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
5. Explain why Mark wants a will.
6. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
7. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
8. Why does Mark say that he wants to see the senator's dead body for himself?
9. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
10. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)