|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the body retrievers leave the scene?
(a) Sirens and cops next door.
(b) They forgot shovels.
(c) They get spooked by scary noises.
(d) They left to get dinner.
2. Under what condition does Mrs. Sway say she will accept the witness protection plan?
(a) When they agree to give her $1 million for Mark's testimony.
(b) When they promise to buy her a new trailer.
(c) When they can guarantee her family's safety.
(d) When she can get plastic surgery.
3. What does Reggie try to convince Mark of when they learn of the body retrievers?
(a) Romey's information will be incorrect.
(b) This means he is off the hook.
(c) He will no longer have information for the FBI or the mafia.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
4. What help does The Blade ask for from his uncle?
(a) For money for a new lawyer.
(b) For a new job.
(c) To help him leave the mafia.
(d) To get some men to move the senator's body.
5. What is Judge Harry's charge against Slick?
(a) Contributing to a minor.
(b) Attempted murder.
(c) Endangering the welfare of a minor.
(d) Contempt of court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reggie hand to Trumann at the end of the story?
2. Who witnesses the body retrievers digging at Romey's house?
3. What is the emergency at Reggie's office in Chapter 28?
4. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
5. What is McThune doing when he learns of Mark's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
2. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
3. Discuss Judge Harry's concern in Chapter 28 and explain how he deals with it.
4. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
5. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
6. How does Mark convince Reggie to look for the body in the garage with him?
7. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
8. What three questions concern the FBI when they learn of Mark's disappearance from the hospital?
9. What help does The Blade ask for from his Uncle Johnny? How does Uncle Johnny respond?
10. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)