|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
(a) He is sucking his thumb.
(b) He is able to lie down.
(c) He is cold and clammy.
(d) He is burning up.
2. Why does Mrs. Sway finally give in to the witness protection plan?
(a) For the great benefits.
(b) For the trip to Portland.
(c) She needs a vacation.
(d) It is her only option.
3. Where does Mark make a phone call from while in the hospital?
(a) The ICU.
(b) A restroom.
(c) A private room.
(d) The morgue.
4. Who tells the FBI agents to give Mark anything he wants to make him talk?
(d) Judge Harry.
5. How does the reader know that the FBI gets the body before the mafia?
(a) They don't. The outcome is uncertain.
(b) Because the last line of the novel plainly states it.
(c) Because the last line of the novel insinuates it.
(d) The mafia won't try again until nightfall and it's now daytime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Reggie share that makes Trumann giddy with anticipation?
2. Why does Mark feel important on his way to the airport?
3. Who does Reggie call to tell her whereabouts?
4. Who follows Mark to Romey's garage in Chapter 38?
5. What do Reggie and Mrs. Sway hear in Chapter 29 that makes the reality of the mob danger hit home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
2. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
3. Knowing that Reggie and Mark are in New Orleans doesn't make the job of finding them any easier. What is the FBI's plan to catch them and to get Mark to talk once and for all?
4. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
5. Explain how the FBI learns that Reggie and Mark are safe in New Orleans.
6. Describe how Chapter 31 shows Reggie's growing paranoia after learning that she is a mafia target.
7. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
8. Explain why Mark wants a will.
9. Discuss Reggie's phone call to the FBI upon returning to the hotel from Romey's house. How does she convey a sense of urgency to Agent Trumann?
10. Discuss Gronke's feelings about his assignment to watch Mark and his relationship with the mafia.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)