|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Jack Nance.
(b) Sulari Muldanno.
(c) Paul Gronke.
(d) Barry Muldanno.
2. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) It's just a hunch.
(b) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(c) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(d) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
(a) No comment.
(c) He takes the First Amendment.
(d) He takes the Fifth Amendment.
4. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets meals sent to the room.
(b) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
(c) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
(d) She gets her job back with a raise.
5. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Manilow.
(b) Barry Clifford.
(c) Barry Muldanno.
(d) Barry Boxx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
2. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
3. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
4. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
5. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
2. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
3. What is Clint's important role once the FBI agrees to Reggie's demands for the Sways?
4. Explain why Mark wants a will.
5. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
6. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
7. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
8. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
9. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
10. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)