|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Don't forget about me."
(c) "Get me out of here."
(d) "I'm fine and will try to call soon."
2. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
(b) He is an abusive drunk.
(c) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(d) He is a great guy.
3. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
4. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) The Blade.
(b) Jack Nance.
(c) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
5. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
(a) The court bailiff.
(c) A janitor.
(d) The transcriptionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
2. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
3. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
4. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
5. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
2. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
3. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
4. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
5. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
6. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
7. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
8. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
9. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
10. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)