|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(b) How much his fees have increased.
(c) Where a body is hidden.
(d) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
2. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
(a) She's glad to have another woman to listen to her and support her family at this time.
(b) She thinks Reggie will give them a lot of publicity.
(c) After divorcing Mark's father, she hates men.
(d) She knows Reggie from high school.
3. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(b) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
(c) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
4. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) Jack Nance.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(d) The Blade.
5. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) Arklatex Designs.
(b) TenArk Fixtures.
(c) Graceland Gravestones.
(d) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
2. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
3. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
4. Who is Mark's mother?
5. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
2. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
3. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
4. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
5. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
6. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
7. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
8. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
9. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
10. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)