Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(b) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(c) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(d) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
2. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Clifford Romey.
(b) Jason McThune.
(c) Wally Boxx.
(d) Justin Greenway.
3. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
(b) Where a body is hidden.
(c) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(d) How much his fees have increased.
4. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
5. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
3. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
4. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
5. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Foltrigg and his crew believe happened with Mark?
2. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
3. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
4. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
5. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
6. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
7. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
8. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
9. How does Reggie rationalize to herself how she will deal with being an accomplice to Mark's escape?
10. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)