|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(b) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
(c) He has heard the term on TV.
(d) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
2. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
(b) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(c) How much his fees have increased.
(d) Where a body is hidden.
3. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(b) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(c) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
(d) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
4. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
5. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(b) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(c) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(d) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judge Harry order out of the courtroom?
2. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
3. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
4. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
5. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
2. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
3. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
4. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
5. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
6. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
7. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
8. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
9. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
10. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)