|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(b) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(c) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(d) A gun hidden in his pocket.
2. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
(a) To jail.
(b) To a juvenile detention facility.
(c) To a neighborhood clinic.
(d) To the hospital.
3. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That he likes it.
(b) That it's full of bugs.
(c) That other kids are mean to him there.
(d) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
4. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His mother.
(c) A nurse.
5. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(b) He tells the whole truth.
(c) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(d) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mark's mother?
2. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
3. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
4. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
5. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
2. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
3. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
4. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
5. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
6. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
7. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
8. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
9. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
10. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)