|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
(b) Where a body is hidden.
(c) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(d) How much his fees have increased.
2. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
(a) The psychiatrist told her she needed to quit work.
(b) She just learned of Mark's imprisonment.
(c) Clint interupted her visit.
(d) She had to pay a large bill.
3. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(b) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
(c) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(d) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
4. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(b) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(c) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
5. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
(a) Ricky calls his mother.
(b) Ricky calls the police.
(c) Ricky collapses in a state of shock.
(d) Mark wets his pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
2. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
3. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
4. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
5. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
2. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
3. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
4. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
5. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
6. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
7. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
8. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
9. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
10. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)