|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
(b) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(c) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(d) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
2. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
(a) Willis Churchhill.
(b) William Green.
(c) Mark McThune.
(d) Willis Upchurch.
3. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(b) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(c) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(d) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
4. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Turn him over to the mob.
(b) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(c) Turn him over to the FBI.
(d) Threaten his mother.
5. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
(a) He saw someone on TV die when they lied.
(b) Fear of a polygraph test.
(c) Fear of his mother.
(d) His upstanding moral code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
2. Who else is the mob paying to watch Mark?
3. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
4. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
5. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
2. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
3. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
4. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
5. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
6. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
7. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
8. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
9. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
10. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)