|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark's mother?
(a) Diane Sway.
(b) Reggie Love.
(c) Debora Sway.
(d) Momma Love.
2. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
(a) Mark tells the cops that he shot Romey.
(b) Mark says he found the man dead and never heard a shot.
(c) Mark tells them the whole truth.
(d) Mark says Romey told him a secret.
3. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was fired from her job.
(b) She was worried about Ricky.
(c) She was approached by the mob.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
4. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(b) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(c) His claims sound fishy.
(d) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
5. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(b) Reggie and Momma Love.
(c) Reggie and Fink.
(d) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
2. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
3. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
4. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
5. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
2. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
3. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
4. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
5. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
6. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
7. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
8. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
9. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
10. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)