|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Threaten his mother.
2. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(b) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(c) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(d) To take Ricky into custody, too.
3. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
(a) Ricky collapses in a state of shock.
(b) Mark wets his pants.
(c) Ricky calls the police.
(d) Ricky calls his mother.
4. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To a juvenile detention facility.
(c) To a neighborhood clinic.
(d) To jail.
5. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
(b) Skipper Scherff.
(c) Roy Foltrigg.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
2. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
4. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
5. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie dodge her grand jury subpoena?
2. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
3. Explain how Mark foils the three mafia men's attempt to dig up Senator Boyette's body.
4. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
5. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
6. Discuss the two hearings that Judge Harry calls in Chapter 29.
7. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
8. What are the terms Reggie outlines to the FBI in exchange for the location of the senator's body?
9. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
10. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)