|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
(a) By writing Mark's name on the back of his suicide note.
(b) By leaving the recording of him talking to Mark in the car.
(c) By writing "Mark did it" on his suicide note.
(d) By writing Mark's name in the dirt on the car window.
2. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
(a) Slick Moeller.
(b) Steve Moeller.
(c) Press Moeller.
(d) Ace Moeller.
3. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
4. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(b) By reading his lips from a distance.
(c) Through an informant.
(d) A waitress overheard them.
5. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(b) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(c) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
2. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
3. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
5. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
2. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
3. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
4. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
5. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
6. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
7. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
8. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
9. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
10. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)