|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
(b) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(c) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(d) His claims sound fishy.
2. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
(a) Mark's behavior.
(b) The benefits of the witness protection program.
(c) Her fees.
(d) Her job.
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) By reading his lips from a distance.
(b) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(c) A waitress overheard them.
(d) Through an informant.
4. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
(a) Mark's school grades and his father's information.
(b) Mark's father's whereabouts and his mother's work records.
(c) Mark's fingerprints and his IQ.
(d) Mark's fingerprints and his bloodtype.
5. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
(b) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
(c) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(d) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
2. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
3. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
4. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
5. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
2. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
3. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
4. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
5. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
6. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
7. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
8. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
9. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
10. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)