|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
(a) Special Agent Roy Boxx.
(b) The President.
(c) The Honorable Roy Foltrigg.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
2. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a great guy.
(b) He is an abusive drunk.
(c) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(d) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
3. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
4. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
(b) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
(c) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
(d) He cries because of the newspaper article.
5. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mark's mother?
2. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
3. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
4. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
5. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
2. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
3. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
4. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
5. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
6. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
7. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
8. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
9. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
10. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)