|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
2. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(b) Because there was no phone.
(c) Because they didn't feed him.
(d) Because there was no air conditioning.
3. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
4. What does Mark tell his mother and the doctor about the shooting incident?
(a) That he tried to stop the man, but he and Ricky witnessed the suicide.
(b) That he himself shot the man and Ricky watched.
(c) That he and Ricky simply walked up on the dead body.
(d) That the man told him where a body is hidden.
5. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
(b) He tells the whole truth.
(c) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(d) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
2. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
4. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
5. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
2. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
3. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
4. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
5. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
6. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
7. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
8. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
9. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
10. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)