|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(b) A waitress overheard them.
(c) Through an informant.
(d) By reading his lips from a distance.
2. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
(a) Why it is so cold in the courtroom.
(b) The floor tiles form an unusual pattern.
(c) He cannot understand Judge Harry.
(d) The judge alone is asking all the questions.
3. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
4. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
5. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(b) Put the lawyer in jail.
(c) Plan to shoot a kid.
(d) Legal research.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
2. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
3. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
4. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
5. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
2. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
3. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
4. Discuss Judge Harry Roosevelt's dedication to his job.
5. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
6. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
7. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
8. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
9. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
10. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)