|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His mother.
(d) A nurse.
2. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
3. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(b) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(c) To take Ricky into custody, too.
(d) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
4. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
5. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was fired from her job.
(b) She was worried about Ricky.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was approached by the mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
2. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
3. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
4. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
5. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
2. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
3. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
4. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
5. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
6. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
7. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
8. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
9. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
10. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)