Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(b) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(c) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
(d) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark almost vomits.
(b) Mark begins to cry silently.
(c) Mark vomits.
(d) Mark faints.
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) A waitress overheard them.
(b) Through an informant.
(c) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(d) By reading his lips from a distance.
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(b) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(c) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(d) To take Ricky into custody, too.
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) Right away.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) A week after he is put in jail.
(d) As soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
2. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
3. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
4. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
5. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
2. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
3. What is Mrs. Sway told when she asks why the FBI doesn't just go arrest the mafia men, and what realization does she have?
4. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
5. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
6. Discuss the rumors associated with the senator's death.
7. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
8. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
9. Explain how the FBI is informed of the exact location of the senator's body.
10. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)