|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Thomas Fink.
(b) Skipper Scherff.
(c) Wally Foltrigg.
(d) Roy Foltrigg.
2. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(b) Mrs. Sway.
3. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That it's full of bugs.
(d) That other kids are mean to him there.
4. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(b) A watch.
(c) A scary movie on cable.
(d) A man pacing in front of her house.
5. What does Mark tell his mother and the doctor about the shooting incident?
(a) That the man told him where a body is hidden.
(b) That he himself shot the man and Ricky watched.
(c) That he and Ricky simply walked up on the dead body.
(d) That he tried to stop the man, but he and Ricky witnessed the suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
2. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
3. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
4. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
5. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
2. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
3. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
4. Describe The Blade's physical appearance.
5. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
6. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
7. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
8. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
9. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
10. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)