|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
(a) Two pro-bono cases.
(b) A weekend vacation.
(c) Sleeping pills.
2. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there was no phone.
(b) Because they didn't feed him.
(c) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(d) Because there was no air conditioning.
3. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) The Blade.
(b) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(c) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(d) Jack Nance.
4. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
5. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He bolts for the door.
(b) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(c) He asks for a cola.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
2. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
3. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
5. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
2. Describe Mark and Reggie's farewell.
3. What makes the investigating officer suspicious of Mark's story at the scene of Romey's death?
4. Describe Mark's feelings as he and Reggie ride to the New Orleans airport.
5. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
6. At the end of the book, who gets to the body first -- FBI or mafia -- and how does the reader know?
7. Explain how Mark escapes from jail and the hospital.
8. Explain how Mark created symptoms to get himself sent to the hospital.
9. How does Reggie's opinion of the witness protection program change once she is implicated as a possible mafia target?
10. How does the mafia threaten Mark face-to-face?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)