|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(b) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(c) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(d) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
2. How does Romey die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Shoots himself in the mouth.
(c) A Mafia hit.
(d) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
3. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He asks for a cola.
(b) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(c) He asks to go to the restroom.
(d) He bolts for the door.
4. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
(a) That he escaped from jail.
(b) That he killed The Blade.
(c) That his lawyer is crooked.
(d) Where the senator's body is buried.
5. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(b) Mrs. Sway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
2. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
3. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
5. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
2. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
3. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
4. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
5. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
6. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
7. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
8. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
9. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
10. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)