|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
(b) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(c) He tells the whole truth.
(d) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
2. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
(a) Her job.
(b) Mark's behavior.
(c) Her fees.
(d) The benefits of the witness protection program.
3. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
4. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
(a) "I'm fine and will try to call soon."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Don't forget about me."
(d) "Get me out of here."
5. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judge Harry order out of the courtroom?
2. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
3. What is Mark's father like?
4. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
5. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
2. Discuss the ethical issue that Reggie faces as she prepares Mark for his first juvenile court hearing.
3. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
4. Describe Trumann's brilliant idea for making Mark talk if the juvenile hearing fails to do so.
5. Discuss Reggie's life as a wife, mother, and law school student.
6. Describe the only real-life experience that Mark has had with lawyers until now.
7. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
8. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
9. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
10. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)