|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
2. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(b) He asks for a cola.
(c) He bolts for the door.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
3. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(b) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(c) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(d) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
4. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Years of mental counseling.
(b) They both must stay away from him.
(c) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
(d) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
5. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Wally Foltrigg.
(b) Thomas Fink.
(c) Roy Foltrigg.
(d) Skipper Scherff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
2. How does Romey die?
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
4. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
5. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mark's knowledge of life.
2. How does Mark dodge the important question during his hearing, and what is the result?
3. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
4. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
5. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
6. What are the problems that Mark mulls over when he is taken from his mother and brother to a juvenile detention facility? How does he feel?
7. Discuss Ricky's diagnosis and symptoms.
8. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
9. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
10. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)