|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Clifford.
(b) Barry Boxx.
(c) Barry Muldanno.
(d) Barry Manilow.
2. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(b) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(c) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(d) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
3. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Put the lawyer in jail.
(b) Plan to shoot a kid.
(c) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(d) Legal research.
4. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(c) Mrs. Sway.
5. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(b) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(c) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(d) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
2. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
3. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
4. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
5. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
2. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
3. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
4. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
5. Why are Mark's mother and the doctor skeptical about Mark's story when he finally decides to tell the whole truth (except for Romey's secret)?
6. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
7. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
8. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
9. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
10. In what ways does Reggie claim that Mark's rights have been violated during the investigation of Romey's death?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)