|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a great guy.
(b) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(c) He is an abusive drunk.
(d) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
2. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
(a) It cut into their vacation.
(b) They don't like investigating the Mafia.
(c) It will delay their case against The Blade for 6 months.
(d) Their work load is already huge.
3. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
(a) His mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) The doctor.
4. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
5. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
2. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
3. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
4. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
5. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Foltrigg and his crew wait for Mark to talk, they begin researching their legal options. What are their options?
2. Foltrigg is naturally upset not to get the desired results from Mark's juvenile court hearing. Why does he regain excitement quickly?
3. Why is the media coverage of Romey's funeral unexpected, and why does it occur?
4. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
5. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
6. How does Mark make the detention center attendant feel sorry for him when he returns to his cell following his juvenile hearing? What does he get out of the pity?
7. Describe the physical appearance and working relationships of Willis Upchurch.
8. What news does FBI agent Jason McThune share with Foltrigg that makes them believe Mark knows more than he is telling?
9. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
10. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)