|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Threaten his mother.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
2. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
3. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark almost vomits.
(b) Mark vomits.
(c) Mark begins to cry silently.
(d) Mark faints.
4. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
5. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He asks for a cola.
(b) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(c) He bolts for the door.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
2. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
3. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
4. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
5. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what the FBI learns through their salt and pepper shaker bugs.
2. How does Officer Hardy get Mark's fingerprints, and why does he want them?
3. What is Fink's relationship to Romey, and why is it important to this story?
4. Why does Reggie usually take her clients home to meet Momma Love?
5. What is ironic about Foltrigg's choice of a juvenile hearing for Mark's testimony?
6. Mark grapples with the idea of lying on the stand. Why does he decide not to lie?
7. What does Reggie do when she learns that Diane has been fired?
8. Why does Reggie object to the juvenile hearing and why doesn't she ask for a continuance?
9. How does Mark react when he learns that Reggie is a woman, and how does her gender affect his decision to "hire" her?
10. Discuss Mrs. Sway's concern about the witness protection program.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)