|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
(a) He orders 40 pizzas in the officer's name and sends them to the police station.
(b) He writes the police officer's name, phone number, and home address on the cell wall.
(c) He calls the officer at home and asks if his refrigerator is running.
(d) He tosses a water balloon from his cell window at the officer.
2. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(b) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(c) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(d) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
3. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a dump truck.
(c) A man in a dark Ford.
(d) A man in a white Ford.
4. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Roy Foltrigg.
(b) Wally Foltrigg.
(c) Skipper Scherff.
(d) Thomas Fink.
5. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
(a) To a neighborhood clinic.
(b) To a juvenile detention facility.
(c) To jail.
(d) To the hospital.
6. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(b) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(c) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(d) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
7. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
8. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
(a) Back to his house for the night.
(b) Her own home.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To his grandma's house.
9. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
(a) Fear of a polygraph test.
(b) Fear of his mother.
(c) His upstanding moral code.
(d) He saw someone on TV die when they lied.
10. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(b) Because there was no air conditioning.
(c) Because there was no phone.
(d) Because they didn't feed him.
11. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
(b) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(c) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
(d) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
12. Who takes Mark back to the detention center after Judge Harry's court?
(c) A police officer.
13. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) A week after he is put in jail.
(b) Right away.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
14. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
(a) They saw it on Romey's Facebook page.
(b) Boxx called and told them.
(c) Foltrigg leaked the information.
(d) The coroner's office told them.
15. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) The Blade.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) Jack Nance.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
2. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
3. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
4. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
5. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)