|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He has heard the term on TV.
(b) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
(c) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(d) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
2. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
(b) That other kids are mean to him there.
(c) That it's full of bugs.
(d) That he likes it.
3. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) Arklatex Designs.
(b) Graceland Gravestones.
(c) TenArk Fixtures.
(d) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
4. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(b) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
(c) Reggie and Fink.
(d) Reggie and Momma Love.
5. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Justin Greenway.
(b) Clifford Romey.
(c) Wally Boxx.
(d) Jason McThune.
6. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(d) Mrs. Sway.
7. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
8. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) The Blade.
(b) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(c) Jack Nance.
(d) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
9. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
(a) Reggie's and the FBI.
(b) The FBI and Romey.
(c) The Doctor and The Memphis Sun.
(d) Reggie's and Ricky's doctor.
10. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(b) A weekend vacation.
(c) Two pro-bono cases.
11. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(b) A scary movie on cable.
(c) A man pacing in front of her house.
(d) A watch.
12. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
(b) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
(c) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(d) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
13. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
(a) That he just remembered those details.
(b) That he saw anything at all.
(c) That he's not part of the mob.
(d) That he isn't guilty of killing Romey.
14. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
(a) His mother.
(b) The doctor.
(c) A nurse.
15. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(c) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(d) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
2. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
3. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
4. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
5. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)