|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(b) A man pacing in front of her house.
(c) A watch.
(d) A scary movie on cable.
2. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
(a) That he saw anything at all.
(b) That he's not part of the mob.
(c) That he just remembered those details.
(d) That he isn't guilty of killing Romey.
3. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Mrs. Sway.
4. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) The Blade.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) Jack Nance.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
5. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
(b) He needs to be abused in jail.
(c) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(d) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
6. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a great guy.
(b) He is an abusive drunk.
(c) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
(d) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
7. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(a) A Bible.
(d) A phone.
8. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
9. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) Where a body is hidden.
(b) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(c) How much his fees have increased.
(d) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
10. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
(a) The transcriptionist.
(c) The court bailiff.
(d) A janitor.
11. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
12. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
(a) Getting the doctor to talk and getting Mark to confess.
(b) Getting Mark to talk and keeping his mother quiet.
(c) Getting Mark to confess to the shooting and getting Ricky's testimony.
(d) Getting Mark to talk or getting Reggie to betray her attorney/client privilege.
13. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a dump truck.
(c) A man in a dark Ford.
(d) A man in a white Ford.
14. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) A week after he is put in jail.
(b) As soon as possible.
(c) Right away.
(d) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
15. Who takes Mark back to the detention center after Judge Harry's court?
(b) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
2. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
3. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
4. Who is Mark's mother?
5. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)