|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(b) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(c) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(d) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
2. How does Romey die?
(a) Shoots himself in the mouth.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) A Mafia hit.
(d) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
3. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
(b) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(c) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
(d) He needs to be abused in jail.
4. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Momma Love.
(b) Reggie and Fink.
(c) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(d) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
5. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(b) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(c) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(d) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
6. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(c) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
(d) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
7. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(a) A phone.
(d) A Bible.
8. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Years of mental counseling.
(b) They both must stay away from him.
(c) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
(d) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
9. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) Arklatex Designs.
(b) Graceland Gravestones.
(c) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
(d) TenArk Fixtures.
10. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark faints.
(b) Mark almost vomits.
(c) Mark vomits.
(d) Mark begins to cry silently.
11. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(b) Mrs. Sway.
12. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) Jack Nance.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) The Blade.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
13. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
(a) Her fees.
(b) The benefits of the witness protection program.
(c) Mark's behavior.
(d) Her job.
14. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
(a) No comment.
(b) He takes the Fifth Amendment.
(c) He takes the First Amendment.
15. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(b) Because there was no phone.
(c) Because there was no air conditioning.
(d) Because they didn't feed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
2. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
3. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
4. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
5. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)