|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) They both must stay away from him.
(b) Years of mental counseling.
(c) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
(d) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
2. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(b) Reggie and Momma Love.
(c) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
(d) Reggie and Fink.
3. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(b) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
(c) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(d) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
4. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
(a) A van for Foltrigg.
(b) A subpoena for Mark.
(c) A lawsuit against Reggie.
(d) A witness protection plan for Mark and his family.
5. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(b) He tells the whole truth.
(c) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(d) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
6. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
(a) Wally Foltrigg.
(b) The Honorable Roy Foltrigg.
(c) Special Agent Roy Boxx.
(d) The President.
7. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
(a) The coroner's office told them.
(b) They saw it on Romey's Facebook page.
(c) Boxx called and told them.
(d) Foltrigg leaked the information.
8. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because they didn't feed him.
(b) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(c) Because there was no air conditioning.
(d) Because there was no phone.
9. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(b) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(c) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
10. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
(b) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(c) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(d) His claims sound fishy.
11. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
(a) She just learned of Mark's imprisonment.
(b) The psychiatrist told her she needed to quit work.
(c) Clint interupted her visit.
(d) She had to pay a large bill.
12. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
13. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(b) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
(c) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
(d) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
14. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Threaten his mother.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
15. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(b) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(c) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(d) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
2. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
3. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
4. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
5. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)