|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
2. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
(a) William Green.
(b) Willis Upchurch.
(c) Mark McThune.
(d) Willis Churchhill.
3. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
(a) Back to his house for the night.
(b) Her own home.
(c) To his grandma's house.
(d) To a movie.
4. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
(a) Ricky calls the police.
(b) Ricky collapses in a state of shock.
(c) Ricky calls his mother.
(d) Mark wets his pants.
5. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(b) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(c) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(d) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
6. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
(a) Skipper Scherff.
(c) Wally Foltrigg.
(d) Roy Foltrigg.
7. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(b) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(c) To take Ricky into custody, too.
(d) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
8. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(b) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(c) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(d) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
9. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
(b) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(c) His claims sound fishy.
(d) Because he failed the lie detector test.
10. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
(a) Lawyers are expensive and unnecessary.
(b) Lawyers are evil and will hurt you.
(c) Lawyers are a good idea if you have enough money.
(d) Lawyers are a pain and you don't need one.
11. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
(a) That the cops beat down his mother and are taking a little kid to jail.
(b) That the cops are hurting him.
(c) That they are all losers and need to get a real job.
(d) That the cops are torturing his family.
12. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) By reading his lips from a distance.
(b) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(c) A waitress overheard them.
(d) Through an informant.
13. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
(a) To a juvenile detention facility.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To jail.
(d) To a neighborhood clinic.
14. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Paul Gronke.
(b) Barry Muldanno.
(c) Sulari Muldanno.
(d) Jack Nance.
15. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(b) He asks for a cola.
(c) He bolts for the door.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
2. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
3. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
4. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
5. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)