|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(b) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(c) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(d) To take Ricky into custody, too.
2. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(b) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
(c) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(d) He tells the whole truth.
3. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(c) Mrs. Sway.
4. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
5. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
(c) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(d) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
6. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(b) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(c) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(d) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
7. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) Right away.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) A week after he is put in jail.
8. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
9. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
(a) Mark's father's whereabouts and his mother's work records.
(b) Mark's fingerprints and his bloodtype.
(c) Mark's fingerprints and his IQ.
(d) Mark's school grades and his father's information.
10. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
11. How does Romey die?
(a) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(b) Shoots himself in the mouth.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) A Mafia hit.
12. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Clifford.
(b) Barry Boxx.
(c) Barry Muldanno.
(d) Barry Manilow.
13. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
(a) By leaving the recording of him talking to Mark in the car.
(b) By writing Mark's name on the back of his suicide note.
(c) By writing "Mark did it" on his suicide note.
(d) By writing Mark's name in the dirt on the car window.
14. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
(a) Educational TV.
(b) Watching The Godfather on cable.
(c) His uncle Vinny's own involvement.
(d) From books and magazines.
15. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Wally Foltrigg.
(b) Skipper Scherff.
(c) Thomas Fink.
(d) Roy Foltrigg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
2. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
3. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
4. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
5. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)