|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
(a) Lawyers are a pain and you don't need one.
(b) Lawyers are expensive and unnecessary.
(c) Lawyers are a good idea if you have enough money.
(d) Lawyers are evil and will hurt you.
2. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
(a) He makes her feel sorry for him.
(b) He screams and shouts.
(c) He flatters her a lot.
(d) He asks her to marry him when he grows up.
3. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
(b) How much his fees have increased.
(c) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(d) Where a body is hidden.
4. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
(b) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(c) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(d) It's just a hunch.
5. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
(b) He cries because of the newspaper article.
(c) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
(d) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
6. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(b) To take Ricky into custody, too.
(c) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(d) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
7. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
(a) He tosses a water balloon from his cell window at the officer.
(b) He calls the officer at home and asks if his refrigerator is running.
(c) He orders 40 pizzas in the officer's name and sends them to the police station.
(d) He writes the police officer's name, phone number, and home address on the cell wall.
8. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
(a) Watching The Godfather on cable.
(b) Educational TV.
(c) From books and magazines.
(d) His uncle Vinny's own involvement.
9. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
(a) He is guilty of Romey's death.
(b) He must know something because he hired a lawyer.
(c) He's a punk kid stirring up trouble.
(d) He's a smart kid to hire a lawyer.
10. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
(a) Getting Mark to confess to the shooting and getting Ricky's testimony.
(b) Getting Mark to talk or getting Reggie to betray her attorney/client privilege.
(c) Getting Mark to talk and keeping his mother quiet.
(d) Getting the doctor to talk and getting Mark to confess.
11. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark faints.
(b) Mark begins to cry silently.
(c) Mark almost vomits.
(d) Mark vomits.
12. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
(b) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(c) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(d) He tells the whole truth.
13. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) Right away.
(d) A week after he is put in jail.
14. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) He needs to be abused in jail.
(b) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
(c) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(d) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
15. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
2. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
3. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
4. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
5. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)