|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Clifford.
(b) Barry Muldanno.
(c) Barry Manilow.
(d) Barry Boxx.
2. How does Romey die?
(a) Shoots himself in the mouth.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) A Mafia hit.
(d) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
3. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
(a) He tosses a water balloon from his cell window at the officer.
(b) He calls the officer at home and asks if his refrigerator is running.
(c) He orders 40 pizzas in the officer's name and sends them to the police station.
(d) He writes the police officer's name, phone number, and home address on the cell wall.
4. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
5. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Legal research.
(b) Plan to shoot a kid.
(c) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(d) Put the lawyer in jail.
6. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) A man pacing in front of her house.
(b) A scary movie on cable.
(c) A watch.
(d) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
7. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a great guy.
(b) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(c) He is an abusive drunk.
(d) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
8. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) A week after he is put in jail.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) Right away.
(d) As soon as possible.
9. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
(a) Special Agent Roy Boxx.
(b) Wally Foltrigg.
(c) The Honorable Roy Foltrigg.
(d) The President.
10. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
(a) That the cops are torturing his family.
(b) That the cops are hurting him.
(c) That the cops beat down his mother and are taking a little kid to jail.
(d) That they are all losers and need to get a real job.
11. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
(a) The doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His mother.
12. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
(b) They both must stay away from him.
(c) Years of mental counseling.
(d) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
13. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He has heard the term on TV.
(b) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
(c) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
(d) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
14. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
(a) She had to pay a large bill.
(b) She just learned of Mark's imprisonment.
(c) Clint interupted her visit.
(d) The psychiatrist told her she needed to quit work.
15. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a dark Ford.
(c) A man in a white Ford.
(d) A man in a dump truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
2. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
4. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
5. Who takes Mark back to the detention center after Judge Harry's court?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)