|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
2. Who is Mark's mother?
(a) Momma Love.
(b) Diane Sway.
(c) Debora Sway.
(d) Reggie Love.
3. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(b) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
(c) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
(d) He needs to be abused in jail.
4. Who else is the mob paying to watch Mark?
(a) Cal Sisson.
(b) Jack Muldanno.
(c) Siccero Bindetti.
(d) Jack Sisson.
5. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
6. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(c) A Bible.
(d) A phone.
7. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man in a dump truck.
(b) A man walking on foot.
(c) A man in a white Ford.
(d) A man in a dark Ford.
8. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(b) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
(c) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(d) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
9. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
(a) William Green.
(b) Mark McThune.
(c) Willis Upchurch.
(d) Willis Churchhill.
10. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(b) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
(c) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
(d) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
11. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
(a) "Don't forget about me."
(b) "Get me out of here."
(c) "I'm fine and will try to call soon."
(d) "I love you."
12. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(b) His claims sound fishy.
(c) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(d) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
13. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Wally Foltrigg.
(b) Roy Foltrigg.
(c) Skipper Scherff.
(d) Thomas Fink.
14. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
(a) Because Muldanno was there.
(b) Because he was loved by many.
(c) Because he had a large family.
(d) Because of his death.
15. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Momma Love.
(b) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(c) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
(d) Reggie and Fink.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
2. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
3. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
4. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
5. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)