|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a dark Ford.
(c) A man in a white Ford.
(d) A man in a dump truck.
2. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
3. What does Mark tell his mother and the doctor about the shooting incident?
(a) That he himself shot the man and Ricky watched.
(b) That the man told him where a body is hidden.
(c) That he tried to stop the man, but he and Ricky witnessed the suicide.
(d) That he and Ricky simply walked up on the dead body.
4. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
(a) Clint interupted her visit.
(b) She had to pay a large bill.
(c) The psychiatrist told her she needed to quit work.
(d) She just learned of Mark's imprisonment.
5. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(b) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
(c) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(d) It's just a hunch.
6. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) A week after he is put in jail.
(d) Right away.
7. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was fired from her job.
(b) She was approached by the mob.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was worried about Ricky.
8. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
(a) That he's not part of the mob.
(b) That he just remembered those details.
(c) That he saw anything at all.
(d) That he isn't guilty of killing Romey.
9. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
(a) Her fees.
(b) Mark's behavior.
(c) The benefits of the witness protection program.
(d) Her job.
10. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
(a) Boxx called and told them.
(b) They saw it on Romey's Facebook page.
(c) Foltrigg leaked the information.
(d) The coroner's office told them.
11. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
(a) Lawyers are evil and will hurt you.
(b) Lawyers are a pain and you don't need one.
(c) Lawyers are a good idea if you have enough money.
(d) Lawyers are expensive and unnecessary.
12. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Put the lawyer in jail.
(b) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(c) Plan to shoot a kid.
(d) Legal research.
13. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He asks for a cola.
(b) He bolts for the door.
(c) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
14. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
(b) Reggie and Fink.
(c) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(d) Reggie and Momma Love.
15. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
(a) Mark tells them the whole truth.
(b) Mark says he found the man dead and never heard a shot.
(c) Mark tells the cops that he shot Romey.
(d) Mark says Romey told him a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
2. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
3. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
4. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
5. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)