|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(b) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(c) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
(d) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark almost vomits.
(b) Mark begins to cry silently.
(c) Mark vomits.
(d) Mark faints.
3. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) A waitress overheard them.
(b) Through an informant.
(c) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(d) By reading his lips from a distance.
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(b) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(c) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(d) To take Ricky into custody, too.
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) Right away.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) A week after he is put in jail.
(d) As soon as possible.
6. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
7. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
(b) They both must stay away from him.
(c) Years of mental counseling.
(d) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
8. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
(a) To a neighborhood clinic.
(b) To a juvenile detention facility.
(c) To jail.
(d) To the hospital.
9. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Justin Greenway.
(b) Wally Boxx.
(c) Jason McThune.
(d) Clifford Romey.
10. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(b) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
(c) His claims sound fishy.
(d) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
11. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
(a) Because of his death.
(b) Because he was loved by many.
(c) Because Muldanno was there.
(d) Because he had a large family.
12. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a white Ford.
(c) A man in a dump truck.
(d) A man in a dark Ford.
13. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
(a) He's a punk kid stirring up trouble.
(b) He must know something because he hired a lawyer.
(c) He is guilty of Romey's death.
(d) He's a smart kid to hire a lawyer.
14. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(b) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
(c) He needs to be abused in jail.
(d) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
15. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
2. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
3. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
4. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
5. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)