|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(b) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
(c) To take Ricky into custody, too.
(d) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
2. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
(a) That he isn't guilty of killing Romey.
(b) That he saw anything at all.
(c) That he just remembered those details.
(d) That he's not part of the mob.
3. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He bolts for the door.
(b) He asks for a cola.
(c) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
4. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
5. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Threaten his mother.
6. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Sulari Muldanno.
(b) Jack Nance.
(c) Barry Muldanno.
(d) Paul Gronke.
7. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(b) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
(c) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
(d) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
8. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
(a) Getting Mark to confess to the shooting and getting Ricky's testimony.
(b) Getting the doctor to talk and getting Mark to confess.
(c) Getting Mark to talk or getting Reggie to betray her attorney/client privilege.
(d) Getting Mark to talk and keeping his mother quiet.
9. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
(b) She gets meals sent to the room.
(c) She gets her job back with a raise.
(d) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
10. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
(a) The floor tiles form an unusual pattern.
(b) He cannot understand Judge Harry.
(c) Why it is so cold in the courtroom.
(d) The judge alone is asking all the questions.
11. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
(a) He's there to carry out a hit on Romey.
(b) The Blade's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(c) Romey's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(d) The senator's body is under the boat in Romey's garage.
12. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
(a) A witness protection plan for Mark and his family.
(b) A lawsuit against Reggie.
(c) A subpoena for Mark.
(d) A van for Foltrigg.
13. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
(a) How much money he is making as a Mafia lawyer.
(b) That he needs to quit The Blade case.
(c) Where a body is hidden.
(d) How much his fees have increased.
14. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
(b) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(c) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(d) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
15. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
(a) It cut into their vacation.
(b) Their work load is already huge.
(c) It will delay their case against The Blade for 6 months.
(d) They don't like investigating the Mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
2. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
3. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
4. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
5. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)