|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(b) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(c) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(d) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
2. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was approached by the mob.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She was worried about Ricky.
(d) She was fired from her job.
3. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(b) Because there was no air conditioning.
(c) Because there was no phone.
(d) Because they didn't feed him.
4. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Clifford Romey.
(b) Jason McThune.
(c) Wally Boxx.
(d) Justin Greenway.
5. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) A week after he is put in jail.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) Right away.
6. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
(a) The judge alone is asking all the questions.
(b) The floor tiles form an unusual pattern.
(c) He cannot understand Judge Harry.
(d) Why it is so cold in the courtroom.
7. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
(a) Because of his death.
(b) Because he was loved by many.
(c) Because Muldanno was there.
(d) Because he had a large family.
8. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
(b) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
(c) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(d) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
9. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That other kids are mean to him there.
(d) That it's full of bugs.
10. Who does Judge Harry order out of the courtroom?
(a) Hardy and Clifford.
(b) Foltrigg and Slick.
(c) Reggie and Mark.
(d) McThune and Lewis.
11. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
(a) That he isn't guilty of killing Romey.
(b) That he just remembered those details.
(c) That he's not part of the mob.
(d) That he saw anything at all.
12. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
(a) That the cops are torturing his family.
(b) That they are all losers and need to get a real job.
(c) That the cops are hurting him.
(d) That the cops beat down his mother and are taking a little kid to jail.
13. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
(b) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(c) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
(d) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
14. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
(a) Reggie's and Ricky's doctor.
(b) Reggie's and the FBI.
(c) The Doctor and The Memphis Sun.
(d) The FBI and Romey.
15. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
(a) When he lies, his left eye twitches.
(b) Because he overhears Mark telling his mother the truth.
(c) Because he failed the lie detector test.
(d) His claims sound fishy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
2. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
3. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
4. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
5. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)