|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
(a) He's a punk kid stirring up trouble.
(b) He is guilty of Romey's death.
(c) He must know something because he hired a lawyer.
(d) He's a smart kid to hire a lawyer.
2. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
(a) Slick Moeller.
(b) Press Moeller.
(c) Steve Moeller.
(d) Ace Moeller.
3. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
(a) Educational TV.
(b) Watching The Godfather on cable.
(c) From books and magazines.
(d) His uncle Vinny's own involvement.
4. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
(a) He makes her feel sorry for him.
(b) He flatters her a lot.
(c) He asks her to marry him when he grows up.
(d) He screams and shouts.
5. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) TenArk Fixtures.
(b) Arklatex Designs.
(c) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
(d) Graceland Gravestones.
6. How does Romey die?
(a) A Mafia hit.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(d) Shoots himself in the mouth.
7. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
(b) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
(c) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(d) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
8. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
(a) That his lawyer is crooked.
(b) That he escaped from jail.
(c) Where the senator's body is buried.
(d) That he killed The Blade.
9. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
(a) She's glad to have another woman to listen to her and support her family at this time.
(b) She knows Reggie from high school.
(c) She thinks Reggie will give them a lot of publicity.
(d) After divorcing Mark's father, she hates men.
10. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was approached by the mob.
(b) She was worried about Ricky.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was fired from her job.
11. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
(a) Two pro-bono cases.
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) A weekend vacation.
12. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
13. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
14. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(b) The Blade.
(c) Jack Nance.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
15. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets her job back with a raise.
(b) She gets meals sent to the room.
(c) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
(d) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
2. Who else is the mob paying to watch Mark?
3. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
4. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
5. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)