|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She was worried about Ricky.
(c) She was approached by the mob.
(d) She was fired from her job.
2. What does Momma Love tell Mark that Reggie takes every month?
(a) Two pro-bono cases.
(b) Sleeping pills.
(d) A weekend vacation.
3. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
(b) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(c) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
(d) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
4. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a great guy.
(b) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(c) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
(d) He is an abusive drunk.
5. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(c) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(d) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
6. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(b) A man pacing in front of her house.
(c) A scary movie on cable.
(d) A watch.
7. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
(a) The FBI and Romey.
(b) Reggie's and Ricky's doctor.
(c) The Doctor and The Memphis Sun.
(d) Reggie's and the FBI.
8. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
9. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That it's full of bugs.
(b) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
(c) That other kids are mean to him there.
(d) That he likes it.
10. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man in a dark Ford.
(b) A man in a white Ford.
(c) A man in a dump truck.
(d) A man walking on foot.
11. Who is Mark's mother?
(a) Reggie Love.
(b) Debora Sway.
(c) Diane Sway.
(d) Momma Love.
12. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
(a) Ricky calls the police.
(b) Ricky collapses in a state of shock.
(c) Ricky calls his mother.
(d) Mark wets his pants.
13. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
14. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
(a) Lawyers are a good idea if you have enough money.
(b) Lawyers are a pain and you don't need one.
(c) Lawyers are evil and will hurt you.
(d) Lawyers are expensive and unnecessary.
15. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He has heard the term on TV.
(b) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
(c) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(d) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
2. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
3. What does Romey tell his old law school classmate when he calls him?
4. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
5. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)