|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She was approached by the mob.
(b) She was worried about Ricky.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She was fired from her job.
2. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(c) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(d) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
3. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) The Blade.
(d) Jack Nance.
4. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(c) A Bible.
(d) A phone.
5. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
(b) Arklatex Designs.
(c) Graceland Gravestones.
(d) TenArk Fixtures.
6. Who decides that Mark should not tell the pertinent information in Judge Harry's court?
(a) Reggie and Judge Harry.
(b) Reggie and Fink.
(c) Reggie and Mrs. Sway.
(d) Reggie and Momma Love.
7. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Barry Muldanno.
(b) Jack Nance.
(c) Paul Gronke.
(d) Sulari Muldanno.
8. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
(a) Boxx called and told them.
(b) The coroner's office told them.
(c) They saw it on Romey's Facebook page.
(d) Foltrigg leaked the information.
9. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
(a) The judge alone is asking all the questions.
(b) The floor tiles form an unusual pattern.
(c) He cannot understand Judge Harry.
(d) Why it is so cold in the courtroom.
10. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
(a) A gun hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
(b) A gun hidden in his pocket.
(c) A tape recorder hidden under his shirt.
(d) A tape recorder hidden in the cuff of his jeans.
11. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He bolts for the door.
(b) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(c) He asks to go to the restroom.
(d) He asks for a cola.
12. Who phones Mrs. Sway, Reggie, and Dr. Greenway from a detention center in Chapter 22?
13. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
(a) Willis Upchurch.
(b) Willis Churchhill.
(c) William Green.
(d) Mark McThune.
14. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Manilow.
(b) Barry Muldanno.
(c) Barry Boxx.
(d) Barry Clifford.
15. How do agents respond when Mark asks if he should get a lawyer?
(a) Lawyers are expensive and unnecessary.
(b) Lawyers are evil and will hurt you.
(c) Lawyers are a pain and you don't need one.
(d) Lawyers are a good idea if you have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
2. Who is Mark's mother?
3. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
4. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
5. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)