|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
(b) Skipper Scherff.
(c) Roy Foltrigg.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
2. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
(a) Getting Mark to talk and keeping his mother quiet.
(b) Getting Mark to confess to the shooting and getting Ricky's testimony.
(c) Getting the doctor to talk and getting Mark to confess.
(d) Getting Mark to talk or getting Reggie to betray her attorney/client privilege.
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
(b) No comment.
(c) He takes the Fifth Amendment.
(d) He takes the First Amendment.
4. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
(a) Because there was no phone.
(b) Because there were bugs on his bed.
(c) Because they didn't feed him.
(d) Because there was no air conditioning.
5. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
6. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
(a) A subpoena for Mark.
(b) A witness protection plan for Mark and his family.
(c) A lawsuit against Reggie.
(d) A van for Foltrigg.
7. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
8. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
(b) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(c) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(d) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
9. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(b) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(c) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(d) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
10. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A phone.
11. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(b) Plan to shoot a kid.
(c) Put the lawyer in jail.
(d) Legal research.
12. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) A man pacing in front of her house.
(b) A watch.
(c) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(d) A scary movie on cable.
13. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
(b) She gets her job back with a raise.
(c) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
(d) She gets meals sent to the room.
14. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(c) Mrs. Sway.
15. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He has heard the term on TV.
(b) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(c) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
(d) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
2. When Mark finally tells his mother and the doctor the truth about what he witnessed, of which part are they skeptical?
3. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
4. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
5. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)