|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Mark about Judge Harry's courtroom?
(a) He cannot understand Judge Harry.
(b) The judge alone is asking all the questions.
(c) The floor tiles form an unusual pattern.
(d) Why it is so cold in the courtroom.
2. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I'm fine and will try to call soon."
(c) "Don't forget about me."
(d) "Get me out of here."
3. What is Mark's father like?
(a) He is a drunk and a drug addict.
(b) He is a drunk who sells drugs.
(c) He is an abusive drunk.
(d) He is a great guy.
4. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(b) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
(c) It's just a hunch.
(d) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
5. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
(a) He flatters her a lot.
(b) He screams and shouts.
(c) He makes her feel sorry for him.
(d) He asks her to marry him when he grows up.
6. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) A scary movie on cable.
(b) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
(c) A watch.
(d) A man pacing in front of her house.
7. Who is not in the mood to kill anyone in Chapter 27?
8. Which of the agents gets a phone call from a drunk Romey?
(a) Roy Foltrigg.
(c) Skipper Scherff.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
9. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(b) A Bible.
(d) A phone.
10. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
11. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(b) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
(c) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(d) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
12. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
(a) That his lawyer is crooked.
(b) Where the senator's body is buried.
(c) That he escaped from jail.
(d) That he killed The Blade.
13. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Clifford Romey.
(b) Wally Boxx.
(c) Jason McThune.
(d) Justin Greenway.
14. In talking with the FBI, Reggie finds that they have broken two more rules to get information. What information do they illegally obtain?
(a) Mark's father's whereabouts and his mother's work records.
(b) Mark's fingerprints and his bloodtype.
(c) Mark's school grades and his father's information.
(d) Mark's fingerprints and his IQ.
15. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(b) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(c) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Romey's death, what happens when the two boys get home?
2. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
3. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
4. What two difficult tasks are the FBI and the district attorney's office faced with in Chapter 13?
5. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)