|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
(a) The Blade's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(b) Romey's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(c) He's there to carry out a hit on Romey.
(d) The senator's body is under the boat in Romey's garage.
2. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
(a) Mark begins to cry silently.
(b) Mark vomits.
(c) Mark faints.
(d) Mark almost vomits.
3. Why doesn't Mark tell the doctor the whole truth?
(a) He is afraid he'll be accused of Romey's death himself.
(b) He knows the doctor won't believe him.
(c) He thinks the doctor might be a member of the mafia.
(d) He remembers from a movie that the mafia never forgets.
4. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Jack Nance.
(b) Barry Muldanno.
(c) Sulari Muldanno.
(d) Paul Gronke.
5. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Muldanno.
(b) Barry Boxx.
(c) Barry Manilow.
(d) Barry Clifford.
6. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
(a) He takes the First Amendment.
(b) No comment.
(d) He takes the Fifth Amendment.
7. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) A waitress overheard them.
(b) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(c) By reading his lips from a distance.
(d) Through an informant.
8. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
(a) That the cops are hurting him.
(b) That they are all losers and need to get a real job.
(c) That the cops are torturing his family.
(d) That the cops beat down his mother and are taking a little kid to jail.
9. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(b) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
(c) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(d) Happy for the attention.
10. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
(a) A witness protection plan for Mark and his family.
(b) A van for Foltrigg.
(c) A subpoena for Mark.
(d) A lawsuit against Reggie.
11. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Threaten his mother.
12. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man walking on foot.
(b) A man in a dark Ford.
(c) A man in a dump truck.
(d) A man in a white Ford.
13. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Legal research.
(b) Put the lawyer in jail.
(c) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(d) Plan to shoot a kid.
14. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets her job back with a raise.
(b) She gets meals sent to the room.
(c) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
(d) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
15. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(b) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
(c) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
2. After police examine the area in which Romey dies, where is Ricky sent?
3. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
4. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
5. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)