|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(b) A phone.
(c) A Bible.
2. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
(a) Right away.
(b) If Mark doesn't tell enough information in juvenile court.
(c) A week after he is put in jail.
(d) As soon as possible.
3. What is Mark's answer when agents ask him if Romey was really dead when he found him?
(a) No comment.
(b) He takes the First Amendment.
(d) He takes the Fifth Amendment.
4. Which character is thrown into the car with Romey?
5. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
(a) His upstanding moral code.
(b) Fear of a polygraph test.
(c) He saw someone on TV die when they lied.
(d) Fear of his mother.
6. As Mark sits in jail, he thinks about his problems. What are his problems?
(a) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is guilty of shooting Romey.
(b) Reggie's home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(c) His home has been burned, he has a depressed brother, a sick mother, and is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
(d) His home has been burned, he has a sick brother, a depressed mother, and he is targeted by both the mob and the FBI.
7. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) TenArk Fixtures.
(b) Arklatex Designs.
(c) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
(d) Graceland Gravestones.
8. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
(b) It's just a hunch.
(c) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(d) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
9. How does Mark reply when the judge asks if Romey told him anything about the Boyette case?
(a) He says "no" and crosses his fingers.
(b) He says he pleads the First Amendment.
(c) He says he pleads the Fifth Amendment.
(d) He tells the whole truth.
10. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Threaten his mother.
(b) Turn him over to the mob.
(c) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(d) Turn him over to the FBI.
11. Why does Fink want to testify in Judge Harry's court?
(a) He believes he knows information that no one else knows.
(b) To convince the judge that Romey knew where a body was hidden.
(c) Because he deeply respects the judge.
(d) To get media coverage for the upcoming election.
12. Who tells Clint that he is a reporter who wants to talk with Reggie?
13. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
(a) Where the senator's body is buried.
(b) That he killed The Blade.
(c) That his lawyer is crooked.
(d) That he escaped from jail.
14. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
(b) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(c) He has heard the term on TV.
(d) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
15. In Judge Harry's court, who is not allowed to speak unless spoken to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
2. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
3. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
5. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)