|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romey implicate Mark as having some connection with his suicide?
(a) By writing Mark's name on the back of his suicide note.
(b) By writing Mark's name in the dirt on the car window.
(c) By leaving the recording of him talking to Mark in the car.
(d) By writing "Mark did it" on his suicide note.
2. Where does Mark's knowledge of the mob come from?
(a) Educational TV.
(b) Watching The Godfather on cable.
(c) His uncle Vinny's own involvement.
(d) From books and magazines.
3. What does Mark see late at night when he spends the night at Reggie's house?
(a) A man pacing in front of her house.
(b) A scary movie on cable.
(c) A watch.
(d) Reggie taking a bunch of sleeping pills.
4. Who takes Mark back to the detention center after Judge Harry's court?
(d) A police officer.
5. Why is Reggie furious when she leaves the psychiatrist's office?
(a) She had to pay a large bill.
(b) Clint interupted her visit.
(c) She just learned of Mark's imprisonment.
(d) The psychiatrist told her she needed to quit work.
6. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(b) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
(c) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(d) Happy for the attention.
7. Who is The Blade?
(a) Barry Muldanno.
(b) Barry Boxx.
(c) Barry Manilow.
(d) Barry Clifford.
8. What slip of the tongue almost gives away Mark's lies to the investigating officer?
(a) Mark says the dead man talked to him.
(b) Mark calls the dead man by his name.
(c) Mark talks about the dead man's secret.
(d) Mark brags about stealing the dead man's wallet.
9. How does the FBI eavesdrop on Muldanno's restaurant conversation?
(a) By reading his lips from a distance.
(b) Through an informant.
(c) With bugged salt and pepper shakers.
(d) A waitress overheard them.
10. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
(a) Steve Moeller.
(b) Press Moeller.
(c) Slick Moeller.
(d) Ace Moeller.
11. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Turn him over to the mob.
(b) Turn him over to the FBI.
(c) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(d) Threaten his mother.
12. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Paul Gronke.
(b) Sulari Muldanno.
(c) Barry Muldanno.
(d) Jack Nance.
13. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
14. Why is Mark's mother happy to meet Reggie?
(a) After divorcing Mark's father, she hates men.
(b) She knows Reggie from high school.
(c) She thinks Reggie will give them a lot of publicity.
(d) She's glad to have another woman to listen to her and support her family at this time.
15. Who burns down Mark's family trailer home?
(a) A man in a dark Ford.
(b) A man in a white Ford.
(c) A man walking on foot.
(d) A man in a dump truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
2. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
3. What secret does Romey tell the boy that is in the car with him?
4. Who does Judge Harry order out of the courtroom?
5. What does Mark wear when he meets with FBI investigators for the first time?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)