|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Romey's old law school classmate?
(a) Thomas Fink.
(b) Roy Foltrigg.
(c) Skipper Scherff.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
2. How do FBI agents know that Mark was in Romey's car on the day of his death?
(a) His fingerprints were on the gun and the steering wheel.
(b) His fingerprints were on the gun and he wrote a note on Romey's suicide note.
(c) His fingerprints were on the car door and gun, and his name was written on the suicide note.
(d) His fingerprints were on the car and on Romey's discarded wallet found in the woods.
3. What keeps Mark from lying on the stand while being questioned?
(a) His upstanding moral code.
(b) Fear of his mother.
(c) He saw someone on TV die when they lied.
(d) Fear of a polygraph test.
4. What does Fink tell Foltrigg needs to be done before Mark talks?
(a) He needs to be abused in jail.
(b) A witness protection plan needs to be in place.
(c) They need to put his brother in jail, too.
(d) They need to scare Reggie to make him talk.
5. Who is driving to Memphis in a van to avoid flying?
(a) Special Agent Roy Boxx.
(b) The Honorable Roy Foltrigg.
(c) The President.
(d) Wally Foltrigg.
6. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(b) It's just a hunch.
(c) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(d) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
7. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
(b) He cries because of the newspaper article.
(c) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
(d) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
8. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(b) Jack Nance.
(c) The Blade.
(d) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
9. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
(a) Mark tells them the whole truth.
(b) Mark says Romey told him a secret.
(c) Mark says he found the man dead and never heard a shot.
(d) Mark tells the cops that he shot Romey.
10. How does Mark understand what Reggie takes every month?
(a) He took a weekend vacation once with his father.
(b) He has heard the term on TV.
(c) The doctor has been talking about anti-depressants.
(d) His own mother regularly takes sleeping pills.
11. Who is hired by the mob to follow Mark's every move?
(a) Paul Gronke.
(b) Sulari Muldanno.
(c) Jack Nance.
(d) Barry Muldanno.
12. What does Reggie negotiate on behalf of Mark's mother?
(a) She gets her job back with a raise.
(b) She gets meals sent to the room.
(c) She gets counseling for her at reduced fees.
(d) She gets magazines sent in for the woman.
13. What is ironic about the Foltrigg's plan to question Mark in juvenile court?
(a) The media isn't allowed there and Foltrigg loves media coverage.
(b) Foltrigg doesn't have any kids of his own so he knows nothing about juveniles.
(c) The hearing is in another state and Foltrigg would have to fly there.
(d) Mark almost isn't a juvenile anymore.
14. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She was fired from her job.
(c) She was approached by the mob.
(d) She was worried about Ricky.
15. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
(a) He is guilty of Romey's death.
(b) He's a punk kid stirring up trouble.
(c) He's a smart kid to hire a lawyer.
(d) He must know something because he hired a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
2. Who meets Muldanno in a restaurant?
3. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
4. In Chapter 14, who shows Mark a newspaper with his and Ricky's photos in it?
5. What does Mark shout to the media as cops take him from the hospital to jail?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)