|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaks the trial information to the media in Chapter 25?
(a) The court bailiff.
(b) A janitor.
(d) The transcriptionist.
2. Why do Muldanno and his associate believe Mark knows something?
(a) Because they had bugged Romey's car.
(b) Because they overheard him talk to Reggie.
(c) Because he hired a lawyer and refuses to talk to authorities.
(d) It's just a hunch.
3. How does Mark temporarily get away from his interview with the FBI?
(a) He says he's tired and needs a nap.
(b) He bolts for the door.
(c) He asks for a cola.
(d) He asks to go to the restroom.
4. Why is there so much media coverage of Romey's funeral?
(a) Because Muldanno was there.
(b) Because he was loved by many.
(c) Because he had a large family.
(d) Because of his death.
5. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
(b) Legal research.
(c) Plan to shoot a kid.
(d) Put the lawyer in jail.
6. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(b) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(c) The Blade.
(d) Jack Nance.
7. How does the media learn who will be attending Romey's funeral?
(a) The coroner's office told them.
(b) They saw it on Romey's Facebook page.
(c) Boxx called and told them.
(d) Foltrigg leaked the information.
8. What is the FBI's complaint about Romey's suicide?
(a) It cut into their vacation.
(b) They don't like investigating the Mafia.
(c) It will delay their case against The Blade for 6 months.
(d) Their work load is already huge.
9. What does Foltrigg decide to do to scare Mark following Judge Harry's court?
(a) Turn him over to the FBI.
(b) Subpoena him right away for a grand jury trial.
(c) Turn him over to the mob.
(d) Threaten his mother.
10. How does Romey die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) Shoots himself in the mouth.
(d) A Mafia hit.
11. What does the newspaper article in Chapter 20 say about Mark?
(a) He's a smart kid to hire a lawyer.
(b) He's a punk kid stirring up trouble.
(c) He is guilty of Romey's death.
(d) He must know something because he hired a lawyer.
12. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
13. Which company does Chester Tanfill own?
(a) Ark-Lon Fixtures.
(b) Graceland Gravestones.
(c) TenArk Fixtures.
(d) Arklatex Designs.
14. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
(b) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
(c) Years of mental counseling.
(d) They both must stay away from him.
15. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
(b) He cries because of the newspaper article.
(c) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
(d) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired as The Blade's new lawyer?
2. Why does Mark want to sue the detention center to which he is taken?
3. Why is Mark's mother crying when Reggie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 16?
4. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
5. Which brother catches the other stealing their mother's cigarettes?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)