|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Memphis police reporter?
(a) Ace Moeller.
(b) Steve Moeller.
(c) Slick Moeller.
(d) Press Moeller.
2. What does the doctor tell Ricky's family is vital to his recovery?
(a) Mark and their mom must be in the room when he awakens.
(b) Lots of medication fed through an IV.
(c) Years of mental counseling.
(d) They both must stay away from him.
3. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
(a) Happy for the attention.
(b) Like the media has violated his privacy and made him look like a criminal.
(c) He doesn't like the photo they chose to use.
(d) Cool -- the kids at school will like him now.
4. What disturbing information does Romey drag out of The Blade?
(a) The senator's body is under the boat in Romey's garage.
(b) Romey's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(c) The Blade's uncle has been hired to carry out a hit on him.
(d) He's there to carry out a hit on Romey.
5. What does Mr. Lewis vow to have ready in just a few days?
(a) A witness protection plan for Mark and his family.
(b) A lawsuit against Reggie.
(c) A van for Foltrigg.
(d) A subpoena for Mark.
6. What does Mark initially tell the cops about Romey's death?
(a) Mark tells them the whole truth.
(b) Mark says he found the man dead and never heard a shot.
(c) Mark tells the cops that he shot Romey.
(d) Mark says Romey told him a secret.
7. Who briefs Foltrigg about the Memphis police investigation?
(a) Jason McThune.
(b) Clifford Romey.
(c) Justin Greenway.
(d) Wally Boxx.
8. What does Mark tell his mother over the phone about the detention facility?
(a) That he's going to marry the attendant some day.
(b) That it's full of bugs.
(c) That he likes it.
(d) That other kids are mean to him there.
9. What does Mark ask the jail attendant to bring him in Chapter 26?
(a) A phone.
(c) A Bible.
10. Who is anxiously awaiting a call from Fink following Judge Harry's court?
(b) Mrs. Sway.
11. Who has a reputation for being tough on adults who do wrong by children?
12. Who asks the FBI for extra protection for Mark, and for the boy to be tracked?
13. What ultimate prank does Mark pull on a Memphis police officer while in jail?
(a) He writes the police officer's name, phone number, and home address on the cell wall.
(b) He calls the officer at home and asks if his refrigerator is running.
(c) He tosses a water balloon from his cell window at the officer.
(d) He orders 40 pizzas in the officer's name and sends them to the police station.
14. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
(a) A stranger whose son was in ICU.
(b) A stranger whose son was in the ER.
(c) The Blade.
(d) Jack Nance.
15. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
(a) To his grandma's house.
(b) Back to his house for the night.
(c) Her own home.
(d) To a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romey die?
2. When will Trumann's plan be put into action?
3. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
4. Which offices are bugged by the mob?
5. What message does Mark ask Reggie to relay to his mother?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)