|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
(b) He cries because of the newspaper article.
(c) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
(d) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
2. What does Romey's house look like?
(a) Big and plain.
(b) Big and extravagant.
(c) Small and quaint.
(d) Big and run down.
3. Who witnesses the body retrievers digging at Romey's house?
4. What is McThune doing when he learns of Mark's disappearance?
(a) Spending a quiet Saturday morning with his family.
(b) Practicing at the firing range.
(c) Fishing on his favorite pond.
(d) Golfing with his FBI buddies.
5. Why is Mrs. Sway relieved when McThune asks her where Reggie is?
(a) She knows Mark must be with Reggie.
(b) She is happy to have time without Reggie butting in.
(c) She hopes the mob got her.
(d) She is glad Reggie is out of the picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Reggie talk with Mrs. Sway about at the hospital?
2. Why does the police officer suspect that Mark is lying?
3. Who does the FBI decide to watch, hoping to get a clue as to where Mark is?
4. What unusual symptom does Mark have that is not consistent with the symptoms of shock?
5. Reggie gives Mark a break by taking him from the hospital to where?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)