|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark win over the detention center attendant?
(a) He asks her to marry him when he grows up.
(b) He flatters her a lot.
(c) He makes her feel sorry for him.
(d) He screams and shouts.
2. What does Reggie's intentional stalling on Mark's behalf force the district attorney's office to do?
(a) Put the lawyer in jail.
(b) Plan to shoot a kid.
(c) Legal research.
(d) Hire more people to help them pressure the lawyer.
3. What happens to Mark on the elevator in Chapter 14?
(a) He gets stuck on the eighth floor.
(b) He collapses and a doctor revives him.
(c) He cries because of the newspaper article.
(d) A mobster threatens him not to tell anything he knows.
4. What is Trumann's plan to scare Mark into telling all he knows?
(a) To take Ricky into custody, too.
(b) To subpoena the boy to a grand jury.
(c) To charge Ricky with Romey's death.
(d) To threaten the boy when his lawyer's not around.
5. What fee does Reggie charge Mark as a retainer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mark sees Romey's picture in the paper along with the story of his death?
2. Who is the man who strikes up a conversation with Mark in the hospital waiting room?
3. What do Reggie and Mrs. Sway hear in Chapter 29 that makes the reality of the mob danger hit home?
4. Where do Mark and his mom consider moving to as part of the witness protection program?
5. How does Mark feel when he sees the newspaper story and his photo in Chapter 14?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)