|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bakul treat Tara?
2. What is Baba's reaction?
3. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
4. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
5. Who was sent to fetch them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bim take out her rage on Baba?
2. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
3. Describe Raja in Bim's eyes until this chapter begins.
4. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
5. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
6. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
7. Describe Bim as Tara sees her in this chapter.
8. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
9. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
10. How was Baba different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the children treated by their parents, and how does this treatment show up in their lives? After a paragraph concerning the treatment of all of the children, choose one of them and write about how the parents' treatment affected that character's attitude towards life, their choices in love, and their professions.
Essay Topic 2
One evening along the Jumna River, the children encounter Hyder Ali Sahib on a horse. It affects each of them differently. Describe how the event was experienced by 1) Raja, 2) Baba, 3) Bim and 4) Tara.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aunt Mira and her life. Compare her life before she moves into the family home, and afterwards. Discuss the sacrifices she has made, and the rewards received by dedicating her life to the four children.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)