|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the cow?
2. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
3. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
4. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
5. What have the Misras sisters become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tara want Bim and Baba to go to the wedding of Raja's daughter?
2. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
3. Why did Tara think her father was trying to kill her mother?
4. Why does Bim take out her rage on Baba?
5. What is the symbolism of Bim tearing up Raja's old letter concerning the rent?
6. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
7. How was Baba different?
8. Describe the children's mother
9. How does Tara see their childhood?
10. How did Bim remember the incident where she was stung by bees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tara's relationship with Aunt Mira differ with those of Bim and Raja and Aunt Mira?
Essay Topic 2
One evening along the Jumna River, the children encounter Hyder Ali Sahib on a horse. It affects each of them differently. Describe how the event was experienced by 1) Raja, 2) Baba, 3) Bim and 4) Tara.
Essay Topic 3
Read over the passages of Baba's thoughts and the description of the young man in Part 1. How does he deal with the world? How does he perceive the world? Could he live independently of Bim?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)