|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
2. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
3. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
5. What honor did Raja receive in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
2. What is the symbolism of Bim tearing up Raja's old letter concerning the rent?
3. How does Tara see their childhood?
4. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
5. Describe the children's mother
6. Describe Bim as Tara sees her in this chapter.
7. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
8. What is the symbolism of Tara's words to Bim pouring out of her quickly on the day of her departure?
9. How was Baba different?
10. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Bakul and Tara, using dialogue and action to make your points. In your opinion, did the marriage change when Tara realized how mistaken she had been about her family members all these years?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tara's relationship with Aunt Mira differ with those of Bim and Raja and Aunt Mira?
Essay Topic 3
The children are present on the banks of the Jumna River when Hyder Ali Sahib rides by on his fine white horse. How do each of the children remember this incident, and how does it affect them? Describe it from the viewpoint of Raja, Bim, Tara and Baba.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)