|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What papers does she decide to go through?
2. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
3. What does Baba say?
4. What do the children do every evening?
5. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Tara's words to Bim pouring out of her quickly on the day of her departure?
2. How does Bim see their childhood?
3. Why does Bim take out her rage on Baba?
4. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
5. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
6. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
7. Why does the author use the episodes of the mad dog, the young teacher, and the bees to describe Tara's character?
8. Why does Tara want Bim and Baba to go to the wedding of Raja's daughter?
9. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
10. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bim so afraid at the last that Tara will take Baba with them to Raja's house?
Essay Topic 2
Tara is a very sensitive soul. Incidents that seem trivial to others become major events and obstacles for Tara. Why do you think this is? What steps could she take to become stronger and more accepting about life?
Essay Topic 3
Read over the passages of Baba's thoughts and the description of the young man in Part 1. How does he deal with the world? How does he perceive the world? Could he live independently of Bim?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)