|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
2. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
3. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
4. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
5. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
2. Why does Bim take out her rage on Baba?
3. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
4. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
5. Why did Tara think her father was trying to kill her mother?
6. How was Baba different?
7. Why does Bim resist everything Tara says and mocks Bakul's words?
8. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
9. How does Bim see their childhood?
10. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bim so afraid at the last that Tara will take Baba with them to Raja's house?
Essay Topic 2
One evening along the Jumna River, the children encounter Hyder Ali Sahib on a horse. It affects each of them differently. Describe how the event was experienced by 1) Raja, 2) Baba, 3) Bim and 4) Tara.
Essay Topic 3
Read the paragraphs following the moment that Tara, Bakul and the girls leave the family home and Bim and Baba are left sitting on the veranda in the light. How the symbolism and theme of the entire novel represented there?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)