|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of books does Tara read?
2. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
3. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
4. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
5. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Bakul and Tara, using dialogue and action to make your points. In your opinion, did the marriage change when Tara realized how mistaken she had been about her family members all these years?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses many symbols in the book to create a sense of place. Describe several of these, including the family pets, the garden path, and the unrest in the city.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the predominant themes of this novel and explore how the author presented the theme via dialogue, symbolism, characters, etc.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)