|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
2. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
3. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
4. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
5. What sort of books does Tara read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
2. How was Baba different?
3. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
4. What is the symbolism the author is relaying when she describes childhood games where the sisters are never able to catch their older brother?
5. Why does Tara want Bim and Baba to go to the wedding of Raja's daughter?
6. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
7. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
8. How does Bim see their childhood?
9. Describe the children's mother
10. Describe Bim as Tara sees her in this chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tara's relationship with Aunt Mira differ with those of Bim and Raja and Aunt Mira?
Essay Topic 2
Read over the passages of Baba's thoughts and the description of the young man in Part 1. How does he deal with the world? How does he perceive the world? Could he live independently of Bim?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aunt Mira and her life. Compare her life before she moves into the family home, and afterwards. Discuss the sacrifices she has made, and the rewards received by dedicating her life to the four children.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)