|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
2. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
3. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
4. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
5. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is set over a number of years, but almost always in summer. How does the author use the oppressive heat, the wild noisy birds, and the overgrown foliage to create imagery and the feeling of heavy weight on her characters, their actions and their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Bim tell Tara to ask Raja to come see her and Baba, rather than Bim and Baba traveling to see Raja?
Essay Topic 3
Read over the passages of Baba's thoughts and the description of the young man in Part 1. How does he deal with the world? How does he perceive the world? Could he live independently of Bim?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)