|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
2. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
3. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
4. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
5. What does she do with the papers?
Essay Topic 1
Read over the poetry lines used by the author in this novel, which are used as a plot device. What was the purpose of each insertion into the story line? Does it work?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tara's relationship with Aunt Mira differ with those of Bim and Raja and Aunt Mira?
Essay Topic 3
The children are present on the banks of the Jumna River when Hyder Ali Sahib rides by on his fine white horse. How do each of the children remember this incident, and how does it affect them? Describe it from the viewpoint of Raja, Bim, Tara and Baba.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)