Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theosophy?
2. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
3. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
4. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
5. What papers does she decide to go through?
Essay Topic 1
Read over the poetry lines used by the author in this novel, which are used as a plot device. What was the purpose of each insertion into the story line? Does it work?
Essay Topic 2
Tara and Bim are sisters, but their personalities are very different. Describe each of the sisters and compare them in the following ways:
1) visions of the future
2) learning and school
3) handling adversity
4) finding love and happiness in their lives
Essay Topic 3
How are the children treated by their parents, and how does this treatment show up in their lives? After a paragraph concerning the treatment of all of the children, choose one of them and write about how the parents' treatment affected that character's attitude towards life, their choices in love, and their professions.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)