|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
2. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
3. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
5. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tara is a very sensitive soul. Incidents that seem trivial to others become major events and obstacles for Tara. Why do you think this is? What steps could she take to become stronger and more accepting about life?
Essay Topic 2
Raja admires Hyder Ali Sahib from the moment he first sees him. How did Hyder Ali Sahib's attention to the young Hindi man affect Raja's life?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bim so afraid at the last that Tara will take Baba with them to Raja's house?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)