|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
2. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
3. What does she do with the papers?
4. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
5. What have the Misras sisters become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bim as Tara sees her in this chapter.
2. How does Tara see their childhood?
3. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
4. What difference does Aunt Mira make in Baba's life?
5. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
6. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
7. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
8. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
9. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
10. How does Bim see their childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bim so afraid at the last that Tara will take Baba with them to Raja's house?
Essay Topic 2
Tara and Bim are sisters, but their personalities are very different. Describe each of the sisters and compare them in the following ways:
1) visions of the future
2) learning and school
3) handling adversity
4) finding love and happiness in their lives
Essay Topic 3
Raja admires Hyder Ali Sahib from the moment he first sees him. How did Hyder Ali Sahib's attention to the young Hindi man affect Raja's life?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)